Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 May 2004, 13:42 (Ref:974385)   #51
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's because she is younger than the others. Compare Simon Pullan's CV to that of Derek Bell, you will observe the same phenomenon. Besides, I rate Ms. Duchateau to be more talented than Ms. Ickx.

BTW Lilian Bryner may be a (if I may be so impolite) veteran racer but racing isn't her job. She is a "gentleman".
Old 18 May 2004, 14:03 (Ref:974407)   #52
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Though it's slightly off beam didn't the Rodriguez brothers suffer from being told they weren't experienced enough for Le Mans
Old 18 May 2004, 14:06 (Ref:974412)   #53
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree Cybers, but that still dosent change the fact that she isnt as good as Vanina, Claudia or Lillian, yet. If u had a big budget and had to find the best 3 female racing drivers u could to drive in this years LM 24hrs who would u choose? I bet that at this point in time Fanny woudnt be on that driving line up, sure when shes a bit older and more expernced perhaps, but at the moment?
Old 18 May 2004, 15:15 (Ref:974468)   #54
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one seems to have mentioned Milka Duno here,who has the best result by a female in Sports/GT so far this year.
Old 18 May 2004, 15:21 (Ref:974471)   #55
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Milka Duno?! IMO shes not exactly the fastest female driver on the planet, sure shes capable, but not fast. Look at how shes done in previous LM races, shes been capable but not quick. And winning in GA is one thing, winning in a world class series like the ALMS/LMES/FIA GT is quite another, and lets not forget that whilst she did win, she did have the best team mate she could wish for beside her.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 18 May 2004 at 15:23.
Old 18 May 2004, 15:24 (Ref:974474)   #56
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
If u had a big budget and had to find the best 3 female racing drivers u could to drive in this years LM 24hrs who would u choose? I bet that at this point in time Fanny woudnt be on that driving line up, sure when shes a bit older and more expernced perhaps, but at the moment?
Yes she would! I think she is a good driver, and would do very well sharing a car with Claudia H. (who I still think is the best of the ladies, and could have gone much further had it not been for her F3 accident). Lilian B., on the other hand, is not a driver I would invite to drive a car of mine.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
No one seems to have mentioned Milka Duno here...
...and for a reason. I don't think she is such a good driver at all.
Old 18 May 2004, 15:28 (Ref:974477)   #57
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
U dont rate Lillian Cybers? I always thought she was a good competent driver, and she is a proven race winner. http://www.fiagt.com/driverbio.php?countkey=9 Oh and Cybers, earlier u mentioned Lillians profession wasnt a racing driver, but here in her profile it states that she is. Intresting.
Old 18 May 2004, 17:14 (Ref:974587)   #58
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
U dont rate Lillian Cybers?

...as highly as others, no.

Quote:
I always thought she was a good competent driver, and she is a proven race winner. http://www.fiagt.com/driverbio.php?countkey=9
Yes, a good driver for good cars. And reliable. But, can she take a not quite so good car by the scruff of the neck and flog it to a win? I am not sure she can. Not to take anything away from her achievements but, in terms of sheer speed, I don't think she is the fastest driver out there.

Quote:
Oh and Cybers, earlier u mentioned Lillians profession wasnt a racing driver, but here in her profile it states that she is. Intresting.
Yes just like Leopold, Prinz von Bayern, profession: racing driver.
Old 18 May 2004, 19:54 (Ref:974733)   #59
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Fanny is a factory sponsored driver, very quick and altogether a lovely lady too. A real pleasure to have around the Brit GT paddock this season.
Old 18 May 2004, 20:23 (Ref:974758)   #60
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Couldnt agree more Graham
Old 19 May 2004, 00:00 (Ref:975002)   #61
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Oh yes I agree, she is a lovely lady. Shes also a very quick and capable sportscar driver, but if I had to choose the best 3 female sportscar racing drivers to drive for me at this years LM 24hrs Im afraid at this point in time Fanny would be just outside the top 3.

If however I was going to run 2 cars she would certainly be in the #2 car.
Old 22 May 2004, 08:28 (Ref:978500)   #62
tlracing
Rookie

tlracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the matter of female drivers, I'm a little concerned about the description of Vanina on T2M's website:

"Vanina Ickx, fetish driver of the T2M Motorsport"...