Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Jul 2007, 09:39 (Ref:1975660)   #1
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 Euroseries: Zandvoort

Race 1:
1. Romain Grosjean
2. Kamui Kobayashi
3. Sebastien Buemi
4. Yann Clairay
5. Franck Mailleux
6. Nico Hulkenberg
7. Yelmer Buurman
8. James Jakes

Race 2:
1. Nico Hulkenberg *
2. Sebastien Buemi + 8s
3. Romain Grosjean + 16s
4. Tom Dillman +31 s
5. Renger Van Der Zande +33s
6. James Jakes +35s
7. Jean-Karl Vernay +43s
8. Franck Mailleux +1m23s **
* under investigation because he might have overtook Shabaan under yellow
** will probably be disqualified because he got the black flag but stayed out

Hulkenberg had a great start from 3rd to first, poleman Jakes dropped to 4th. Clairay was 2nd after lap one, but was very slow and Hulkenberg got away. Then Clairay spun and dropped back. Then it started to rain. Everybody went in for rain tyres, except Yelmer Buurman, and he suddenly was 50 seconds ahead of the field. But the rain tyres were about 10 seconds per lap quicker and he finally finished 16th. Great drive from Dillmann from 18th to 4th. In the last lap, race control showed us that Hulkenberg overtook Shabaan under yellow, but Shabaan went wide in the Tarzanbocht, so Hulkenberg had to, so I don't think he should be punished for that. Mailleux finished 8th, but he was already shown the black flag.

Standings after race 12:
1. Grosjean 70 points
2. Buemi 61 points
3. Kobayashi 41 points
4. Jakes 32 points
5. Huelkenberg 29 points
6. Mailleux 27 points
7. Buurman 26 points
8. Vernay 19 points
Old 29 Jul 2007, 10:14 (Ref:1975677)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic race live on Motors. I just can't stand Kirby and Cole. They don't know what they are talking about well Kirby doesn't. He's very annoying and I saw everything before they did and they are meant to be commentating. Kirby should at least know the series he is calling the race on but doesn't know the rules and racing in general etc. Can't pronounce the name. I'm sorry but at times Motors looks very amateurish.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 11:01 (Ref:1975697)   #3
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i must agree Luke

I can generally put up with it, but today they were both very behind it (and i know the commentary is slightly out of sync with the pictures).

But today i honestly felt i could have done a better job, and i had only just woken up !

good race though

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 29 Jul 2007, 15:04 (Ref:1975807)   #4
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree - turned the sound down in the end as they were iritating me that much. Commentating must be difficult and mistakes are going to happen but surely at this stage of the season they should know one car from another - half the time they couldn't tell a red car from a silver one!

First race was rather processional but the second one was lively - not sure what Yelmer Buurman was doing staying out as if he'd pitted he'd surely have won that race as his skills in damp conditions are second to none.....but not good enough to hold off a pack of wet tyre runners when your still on slicks! Good to see Nico getting a win - I'm really not sure what to make of him though. He seems to have the pace but not the consistency and has a habit of getting embroiled in on track shenanigans - in that respect I suppose he does take after that Schumacher guy he's being touted to replace!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 14:11 (Ref:1976413)   #5
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
suppose its a good job i slept in and missed race 1 then

nothing better than waking up, and watching motorsport all day

Well there is, but not much better

I like Zandvoort, decent track for single seaters

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 30 Jul 2007, 14:49 (Ref:1976437)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone
I like Zandvoort, decent track for single seaters
you must have been lucky in seeing good races there then, i've seen a couple of years worth of seriously tedious f3 and frenault races!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1976728)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lol well the 2nd race was wet so it was good I guess.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 14:46 (Ref:1978292)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
reckon nico hulkenberg is about to come good & should get a race or 2 wins before the season ends

grosjean - very strong at the moment...