Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Dec 2007, 09:43 (Ref:2094047)   #151
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I opened that link and could see the steam rising off it. If it looks like **** and smells like ****, we don't need to taste it.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 10:48 (Ref:2094057)   #152
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
They did win both championships. However, if you add up the points totals of both drivers in both teams, McLaren drivers scored the highest, so McLaren should have won the constructors championship if they hadn't been disqualified from it.
No they didn't. Ferrari scored 204 points, and McLaren would have scored 203 if they weren't disqualified.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 10:51 (Ref:2094059)   #153
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Excluding their Hungary points, presumably? If they hadn't been disqualified from the WCC, McLaren would have appealed that punishment, and anybody with common sense would have given them the points.

(that said, we are talking about the FIA, so who knows?)
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 23 Dec 2007, 10:59 (Ref:2094064)   #154
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Except that they weren't disqualified at that point (August 5). That came 1 full month later.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 11:22 (Ref:2094068)   #155
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
What does it really matter who's car is chosen as car of the year.. When you have won both championships why would you care?
Old 23 Dec 2007, 11:22 (Ref:2094069)   #156
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red, does this really matter? Born Racers point was if you total the drivers points. Obviously you chose to take the WCC points as they were. We are talking hypothetical points (no pun intended) so what is the point (pun intended) in everyone being so obtuse - it is clear what everyone else means.

The actual real outcome was that Ferrari won the championship; the other sides are interesting to a point, but repeatedly stating it and ignoring others points is tedious. Making the point that Ferrari actually won the WCC hence it is a good car is valid. Making the point that the McLaren drivers cumulative points was more than any other team's pair is valid when justifying that McLaren had a good car. I don't feel we need to waste everyones time by dogmatically just repeating the minute dissection of this. We are all clever enough to understand the point.

Further, there seems to be a general method of picking on one small point in someone's post to disprove it and as a consequence miss the general point. People start looking stupid when they do this.

Are we going to discuss anything, or just keep repeating ourselves?
Old 23 Dec 2007, 11:28 (Ref:2094070)   #157
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
What does it really matter who's car is chosen as car of the year.. When you have won both championships why would you care?
On top of that, it is quite interesting to look at the original title of the topic, and then to see where the thread actually went...
Old 23 Dec 2007, 11:32 (Ref:2094071)   #158
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
On top of that, it is quite interesting to look at the original title of the topic, and then to see where the thread actually went...
Taken off topic, as usual by poster with all opinions and with posts that you can almost hear the poster going "nah" at the end of. Interestingly some notice this and still aid it.

Nah...
Old 23 Dec 2007, 11:54 (Ref:2094078)   #159
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Taken off topic, as usual by poster with all opinions and with posts that you can almost hear the poster going "nah" at the end of. Interestingly some notice this and still aid it.

Nah...
I honestly fail to understand what you are trying to say with this post. I would surely vote for it if there was anything like the "most cryptic post of the year" award.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 11:55 (Ref:2094080)   #160
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Further, there seems to be a general method of picking on one small point in someones post to disprove it and as a consequence miss the general point.
I'm not really sure what are you up to. So I re-read the whole thing again. The topic at hand was, and I quote, McLaren have a further four-week wait/McLaren apology. One of the reasons for that delay was, among others, the lies that McLaren fed the media (and there's where I joined the discussion). Since then, the thread derailed towards "Ferrari are sore losers/bad winners" and Montezemolo is racist which have nothing to do with the original topic anyway. Parenthesis, with all that merging/moving threads spree that happen on this forum I'm kinda surprised why this one wasn't split fifty times already, but that's just me. Parenthesis closed.

While I understand your natural and patriotic anger, I couldn't help pointing out that Montezemolo's comments aren't quite far off. Luca di Montezemolo is angry that, despite McLaren's antics, FIA and Bernie did nothing albeit a fine. Actually Mr. Ecclestone, Bernard Charles did: he blocked a complete DQ because FINALLY England (or Great Britain if you prefer) had a driver contending for the title and that was good for the spectacle. On top of that, McLaren won a useless and insignificant popularity contest of a popular British magazine (English if you prefer). Montezemolo has a right to disagree and has the arguments to do it too. But whatever.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 12:23 (Ref:2094087)   #161
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Maybe the thread should have been closed here.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 14:31 (Ref:2094130)   #162
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
henk4, not cripitic, just pointing out that people of all opinions have taken it off topic. Poorly written I agree, sorry.

red, not up to anything. Although you seem to have picked one small point and ran with it there.

Everyone: keep on topic. I suppose that is what I am up to. Patronising posting will not be tolerated, dismissing peoples opinions because of nationality will not be tolerated. It is a shame that this needs spelling out again. Discuss the topic.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 16:21 (Ref:2094140)   #163
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So.. means let's get back to Mclaren's apology!

Mclaren knows that they have been naughty and caught with their hands in the candy jar. FIA decides that, like it or not, it's time to end embarrassing the team further and cancelled the meeting. Ferrari figured that they have done what they could to seek justice.

And all in time for Christmas!

And whoever started the "Luca and the English" thing, will have all his 2007 posts removed until he issues an apology. And all their posts will be scrutinized in 2008, for any signs of 'Ferrari' content

Last edited by Gt_R; 23 Dec 2007 at 16:30.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 17:08 (Ref:2094150)   #164
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Well done for just repeating something that has already been said and demonstrating that the thread is going nowhere.

Thread closed.