Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Oct 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3586497)   #1
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prost and FE/F1

AS has a story on FE here http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121553

in which Alain Prost said this

"The commitment of Renault in motorsport has always been very big and that's why they are looking at staying in F1 in a different way.

Please read the entire article to get the context but I wonder if he meant what he said or he did not use the correct words as English is not his primary language. What did he mean? I think it means that Renault are still on track to take over Lotus but does it?
Old 29 Oct 2015, 23:16 (Ref:3586501)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
It could mean F1 is going electric.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3586505)   #3
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
It could mean F1 is going electric.
Many a true word said in jest but I think nothing is surer given the inevitable shift away from IC motors in the coming years. The process has started of course with the current hybrid and the previous KERS unit. Maybe Hydrogen might get a look in as that technology becomes more mature but only time will tell.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 23:44 (Ref:3586509)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read "staying in F1 in a different way" as staying in the capacity of team owner rather than supplier.

I don't think it has anything to do with F1 going electric in the near future.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 23:49 (Ref:3586510)   #5
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
I read "staying in F1 in a different way" as staying in the capacity of team owner rather than supplier.

I don't think it has anything to do with F1 going electric in the near future.
I should qualify my post by saying that I think it will be a long process and the inevitable destination is an electric motor but I won't see it. I also expect the FE & F1 will merge as the process continues over the years.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 23:49 (Ref:3586511)   #6
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the context was around Renault taking over the Enstone team. So "in a different way" was about Renault moving from engine supplier to team owner. Which shows their commitment to F1 and FE in particular and motorsports in general.

Richard
Old 30 Oct 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3586733)   #7
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Or taking over Manor..
I cannot see Grojean leaving Lotus if Renault were taking over..
Old 30 Oct 2015, 21:14 (Ref:3586759)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FE was a moniker for Prost to reveal himself as a successful team director, finally. He thinks it could bring him up to F1 with Renault, his golden dream since ten years ago.