Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:00 (Ref:4041898)   #126
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/p...h-last-in-dpi/

It says here that the #48 will be last place now. Why are they still running? Are they allowed too? How about just give JJ seat time if they are.

Morons...they clearly did not trust JJ enough. How can pros make such a dumb decision.
Not the driver's job to watch the clock. Couldn't happen to a more deserving crew chief.

edit: Pipo WHINING about the 01 not falling on their sword to make room for him. Waaaaa.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:03 (Ref:4041899)   #127
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RE: theNBC interview with Pipo.

I'm not sure what Pipo thinks the Renger could've done differently. I guess he was saying it was his fault without saying it was his fault?
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:03 (Ref:4041900)   #128
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Morons...they clearly did not trust JJ enough. How can pros make such a dumb decision.
Johnson got as much drive time as Kobayashi.
Currently, the shares are: 50% Pagenaud, 25% Johnson, 25% Kobayashi
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:06 (Ref:4041902)   #129
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Kobayashi was clearly being saved for the night time. Johnson...I feel bad for him. There clearly was not enough faith being put in him. I thought he was going to have more seat time early on and that did not happen. I knew something was up. And now we can see it exposed fully.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:09 (Ref:4041903)   #130
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Do you think Kobes will get the lion’s share from now on?
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:15 (Ref:4041904)   #131
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Do you think Kobes will get the lion’s share from now on?
At this point they should run JJ or park it right?
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:16 (Ref:4041905)   #132
WyldStallion
Veteran

I hope Proton has been able to manage their drive times between the Matt's and Cooper Macneil so far. I guess they have.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:17 (Ref:4041906)   #133
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Kobayashi was clearly being saved for the night time. Johnson...I feel bad for him. There clearly was not enough faith being put in him. I thought he was going to have more seat time early on and that did not happen. I knew something was up. And now we can see it exposed fully.
Currently,

Johnson = 02:24:08
Pagenaud = 05:00:17 and counting (35' in his current stint)
Kobayashi = 02:23:15

Even if they put in Koba now, he can only get 1:56:00 so not even close to Pagenaud.

Stints have always been Johnson - Pagenaud - Kobayashi.

It's not like Johnson has been under-used, it's been Pagenaud that has been over-used.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:18 (Ref:4041907)   #134
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More issues for the 31. Mad dash to the pits for the leaders!
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:19 (Ref:4041908)   #135
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Oh shyte!! Fire!!
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:22 (Ref:4041909)   #136
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Fire has had way too much drive time. They should just park it. We all agree fire is better in the daylight
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:22 (Ref:4041910)   #137
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Beemer fire. The best kind.

(Now I’ve seen it put out)
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:23 (Ref:4041911)   #138
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
We’re hoping for some Rossi K Mag action.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:37 (Ref:4041912)   #139
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nice of NBCSN NOT mentioning Renger vdZ among notable WTR drivers.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:37 (Ref:4041913)   #140
WyldStallion
Veteran

Also to add to my frustrations about the class by class restart procedures mentioned earlier, this does feel very NASCARish. Hate things being done artificially in these endurance races. I am the type that wants to see things play out naturally.

Try to think which sportscar racing org is the best at doing that....to allow the races to play out naturally. Certainly not IMSA or SRO. WEC is pretty good. Creventic too. NLS/Nurburgring is probably the best at it.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:38 (Ref:4041914)   #141
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Eh just turn it off if you dislike it
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:42 (Ref:4041915)   #142
WyldStallion
Veteran

Ughh seriously I don't want Corvette to win. I'll cheer for them at Le Mans. But not today.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:43 (Ref:4041916)   #143
WyldStallion
Veteran

This is as close Katherine Legge and her team have been to the front all race. They are in there.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:49 (Ref:4041917)   #144
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Ughh seriously I don't want Corvette to win. I'll cheer for them at Le Mans. But not today.
I'll take a factory Corvette win any day
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:54 (Ref:4041918)   #145
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I was just about to comment that I thought he does a great job and I like him on the commentary.
Junior don't like the farting noise under breaking either!
100% JR!!
Old 21 Mar 2021, 00:56 (Ref:4041919)   #146
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Scott Dixon is running away from Pla, ATM. Nearly doubled is lead in about 2 laps...

Edit - and looks like the leaders pit under the cloche of adverts
Old 21 Mar 2021, 01:01 (Ref:4041921)   #147
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
F***ing BMW ruining someone's race AGAIN !!
Old 21 Mar 2021, 01:02 (Ref:4041922)   #148
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'll take a factory Corvette win any day
Might get your way Field, Antonio Garcia lapping in 1 min 55 now. If he runs that pace for the rest of the way, BMW and Porsche ain't going to win. Gheesh 1 min 55! That's prototype speed in past years. Corvette C8R today would give the DP cars from the 2014-2016 era a run for their money.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 01:04 (Ref:4041924)   #149
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Noooooo! What an unusual coming together. Such a shame.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 01:04 (Ref:4041925)   #150
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
F***ing BMW ruining someone's race AGAIN !!
I mean WTF was that?! Was Dixon too wide? I don't think so.

Edit - Dixie said late call to the pits, but I've just never seen that before. Strange