Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jun 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3746887)   #26
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
I'm not enjoying seeing and reading about this bromance between Hamilton and Vettel at the moment. Not one bit.

There's just too much hugging, ass kissing, handshaking and praising going on between the two. It's just not right. Not what F1 needs.

Right! Thank goodness that's all over with.

It was clear from the beginning the respect between the two was genuine from one side, and just an act from the other side. So now that true colours have been aired out for all to see, let's get back to normal rivalry shall we?
Old 16 Jul 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3751824)   #27
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No contest - it's Hamster man! Things are really close now - 1 point between them. Mercedes seem to have the faster car - especially in clean air. Ferrari need to either have better qualifying or make better starts - as well as sort out their tyres.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3751940)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ferrari need to improve their car or it'll be another Mercedes benefit for the rest of the season
Old 16 Jul 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3751948)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Right! Thank goodness that's all over with.

It was clear from the beginning the respect between the two was genuine from one side, and just an act from the other side. So now that true colours have been aired out for all to see, let's get back to normal rivalry shall we?
Which is which? Who has the genuine respect, who is the one putting on an act?
Old 16 Jul 2017, 23:06 (Ref:3752051)   #30
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Which is which? Who has the genuine respect, who is the one putting on an act?
That depends on who you're a fanboy of, obv.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3752249)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm just seeing rivals for the championship. They both know how good each other is. The 'fanboy' stuff, whether applied positively or negatively is one of the things that is seriously affecting my enjoyment of F1 at the moment...... Some of the stuff that I read and hear is bordering on the puerile.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3752406)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm just seeing rivals for the championship. They both know how good each other is. The 'fanboy' stuff, whether applied positively or negatively is one of the things that is seriously affecting my enjoyment of F1 at the moment...... Some of the stuff that I read and hear is bordering on the puerile.
Agreed, worst example was after Baku
Old 18 Jul 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3752490)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And some after Silverstone too!
Old 30 Jul 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3756083)   #34
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's still really close in championship. It looks like it could come down to the very last race.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 19:41 (Ref:3756137)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We can hope so.....
Old 30 Jul 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3756166)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

And Bottas is still not out of it yet
Old 31 Jul 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3756546)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And Bottas is still not out of it yet
No, but Bottas seems to be having more extremes in form?

On the days he is at his best he is winning. On the days when everything does not click, he is a fair bit off the pace.

Hamilton is having the same form but he is having less 'off' days.

With Ferrari, it doesn't matter if Kimi has a good day, he won't be able to max it as long as his Dodgy podium dancing teammate is ahead of him.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3756711)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

I think Bottas is learning well off Lewis, he could be even better next season
Old 27 Aug 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3762004)   #39
stripedcat
Veteran

Today was Lewis' day. He kept Vettel at bay after the safety car and won.

Still very close though, and Vettel still leads the WDC.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3762093)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

I just want to say that the best driver won today, in keeping Vettel at bay with another fine drive to the victory
Old 29 Aug 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3762554)   #41
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was two top drivers really giving their all to win and it was great to see, fabulous effort by both
Old 12 Oct 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3773844)   #42
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Watch how the best team of 2017, with the best cars of 2017 - threw away a great chance to win the WCC and WDC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oGD3MzfPvjw
Old 12 Oct 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3773851)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Watch how the best team of 2017, with the best cars of 2017 - threw away a great chance to win the WCC and WDC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oGD3MzfPvjw
Good to see some praise for Vettel as being part of the best team in F1...
Old 12 Oct 2017, 12:27 (Ref:3773853)   #44
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari made strategy errors, Ferrari had below par reliability even before Malaysia and Suzuka (remember that we were discussing Ferrari needing to take penalties later on in the season because they were using up turbos in the beginning) and Ferrari never had a 1s+ advantage at any race this season.

And now a totally honest question: what makes you think that on overall terms Ferrari as a team and as a car were/are better than Mercedes? I am really quite interested in getting an answer as maybe you know something the rest of the forum does not?
Old 12 Oct 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3773863)   #45
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
And now a totally honest question: what makes you think that on overall terms Ferrari as a team and as a car were/are better than Mercedes?
It's an appreciation of the talent that sits in the drivers' seats.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 07:33 (Ref:3773949)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

And Vettel threw away points with unnecessary mistakes. That's the big killer
Old 14 Oct 2017, 04:55 (Ref:3774124)   #47
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree I don't think Ferrari has been the better car this year. It's a bit more 50/50 with Mercedes better at some tracks, Ferrari at others. It does seem when Ferrari are faster, it's only marginal, but when Mercedes get their **** together it's a 1 sec gap to the rest.

Ferrari just haven't maximised the results, not helped by Hamilton always being on pole and the series being difficult to pass in. Then there's the last 2 races...

Disappointing end to a championship that could have gone to the wire between 2 greats.

Hamilton was a bit unlucky last year with the one engine blow up (which fanboys have to constantly bring up) but this year he's had everything go pretty right so far hasn't he?
Old 14 Oct 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3774158)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

I agree, I think it has been on a par between, it's a case of which circuit suits them and who makes the least mistakes
Old 15 Oct 2017, 02:15 (Ref:3774247)   #49
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

Hamilton is by far a better driver than Vettel. If you cannot acknowledge that then you simply must have your head up your sphincter ani externus. Yet... Vettel was leading the championship all the way until Belgium. But then Ferrari made good gains from Belgium to Italy to be almost level. Then in Singapore, Malaysia and Japan, reliability (not outright speed/performance) let Ferrari down. So apart from the flash of Belgium, it was unreliability issues with Ferrari that has given Mercedes the WDC lead.

With a much better driver, Mercedes has not convincingly lead the Ferrari all year until Ferrari imploded in Singapore. Fact is, Ferrari have the better race car, and have had the better overall race package all year until they imploded in Singapore, Malaysia and then again Japan. If it wasn't for the unreliability issues, Ferrari would've possibly continued to out-develop the Mercedes, and still possibly be leading the WDC. The WCC is out of contention because they employed an average second driver in Raikkonen, just to keep Vettel happy. If Ferrari had a better second driver, they could well be leading the WCC too, because the car is good for it.
Old 15 Oct 2017, 02:47 (Ref:3774250)   #50
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
what makes you think that on overall terms Ferrari as a team and as a car were/are better than Mercedes?
See my post above. My opinion is shared by just a few other people who are not on this forum.

Quote:
I am really quite interested in getting an answer as maybe you know something the rest of the forum does not?
Your source of F1 opinion is "the rest of the forum"??

I'll tell you a little secret, but please.. try to keep it to yourself. When you're watching the next race weekend on your TV, best pull your head out of your arschloch and watch the entire weekend with BOTH eyes open. You'll probably see things most other people see that way. But sorry to say, these people might not be on "the forum".