Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 10 Oct 2002, 22:34 (Ref:400733)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mo Nunn to stay!

Mo Nunn racing are likely to increase their CART assult to two cars next year all things going well. Wonder who will be his drivers now Tony has gone? Villenuve perhaps? Also the likes of Papis, Dixon, Brack come into the equation.
Old 10 Oct 2002, 22:42 (Ref:400737)   #2
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Papis and Vasser is my tip.
Old 10 Oct 2002, 22:54 (Ref:400745)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Papis says he is working with Emmo's new team. But anything can happen.

Whoever they are, they will be my team next year. Just to stick a fork in Deserter Tony.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 01:19 (Ref:400782)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news. I knew Mo wouldn't turn his back on CART. He's a racer through and through, and he wants to race in a REAL racing series.

As for drivers, well, who knows, but he sure does have his pick. I reckon he'll pick an American driver and get an American sponsor with that, but will probably pick a South American driver with personal backing for the other. That is my view, no-one has to share it.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 06:54 (Ref:400916)   #5
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Great news. I knew Mo wouldn't turn his back on CART. He's a racer through and through, and he wants to race in a REAL racing series.

I have to say I was one that thought he would just run away from CART and go with cars in EARL, but luckily im wrong!

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 11 Oct 2002, 08:02 (Ref:400950)   #6
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Pink69's news about Mo Nunn Racing is great to hear. But who are your sources? I've been unable to find any media reports confirming this. Not that I don't believe you, just that I don't want to get my hopes up too high.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 09:34 (Ref:401001)   #7
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking along the same lines as macdaddy. Without an official and reliable source, it's probably unlikely.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 13:53 (Ref:401161)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently he still has Pioneer, but that depends on a number of things, grid size, whether Ford is involved or not etc...

The only thing official i have seen from MNR is that he will have 2 Hollywood backed cars in IRL with Giaffone and someone else.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 17:37 (Ref:401279)   #9
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memo Gidley would be a good choice.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 17:58 (Ref:401299)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

Memo Gidley is like Banqo's Ghost. Everywhere you look.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 18:30 (Ref:401330)   #11
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't you like Memo Liz???? I'd give him a ride in a heartbeat.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 18:32 (Ref:401332)   #12
Tiresmoke
Racer

Tiresmoke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like when Liz gets upset at the mention of Gidley

Truthfully though, he is always on the shortlist of considered drivers. Sometimes he gets overlooked because he has no personal backing, sometimes because there are better names out there. Personally, I think he deserves a shot, a full season. If anything, it would make a lot of fans happy.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 06:36 (Ref:401803)   #13
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, Why not Memo?
Old 12 Oct 2002, 09:53 (Ref:401885)   #14
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memo would do a very good job for any team in CART, he has guts, very good technichal ability and is great at PR etc out of the car.

Junquera only kept the Target drive because it was less expensive for Chip to keep Junquerra than it was to pay him off. If the desicion had been made on driving ability Junquera would not have kept the drive. The decision was made purely on financial grounds.

Remember in 2001, with ZERO test miles Gidley had more points per start than Junquera, who had a full test program, more podiums and more race laps in the lead. Indeed he was amongst the top 10 overall for laps leading despite missing 40% of the races.

Memo gets on the shortlist for drives, despite having no personal backing, because he has great ability, he gets to the races so is avalable and his ability to get in a car and perform from the start.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 12:05 (Ref:401983)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Memo has never had a full time drive with anybody in any series anywhere any time. This tells me a lot about the way he's perceived in the paddock. I agree that he's a nice guy and very friendly, and of course he is one of the very few Americans persistently looking for work so as soon as anyone says "American" the Pavlovian response is "Gidley".

As for Bruno, remember that he just barely missed having Jensen Button's drive at Williams, so he is talented and fast, and if you'll notice who is second in the championship, you might notice that it isn't Memo Gidley.

And Bruno's another one of those guys who thrives best in a supportive environment, and Chip has never concealed his contempt for him, which does not do him any good. (Montoya shouted back at him which is what he (chip) likes.) Chip figured he could buy him low and sell him high -- he's another one with his eye on the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and nothing else -- and he is getting impatient to cash in.

Oddly enough, my sources tell me that TCG are putting enormous pressure on Bruno to sign an Invisible Contract. So far Bruno is resisting.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 12:34 (Ref:401998)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Mo Nunn to CART or IRL...Pioneer USA has decided. They want to stay in CART and Mo Nunn Racing is preparing for at least one car, perhaps two cars in CART in 2003. We hear his first choice of driver may be Brit Darren Manning, who Mo met with at length in Miami, with Canadian Michael Valiante also in the running.

Okay, this is still classified as a "rumour" but it is a promising rumour IMO.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 19:02 (Ref:402149)   #17
MA2
Rookie

MA2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not all that much "rumor", I believe. I was at Mo's shop last week talking ove custom projects for next year, and some of them ARE for the CART car. I kinda doubt that they'd be spending time and money on CART stuff if they didn't have comfirmation.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 19:06 (Ref:402151)   #18
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Old 12 Oct 2002, 23:03 (Ref:402299)   #19
Liz
Veteran

I like Manning. If Nunn stays in Champ Cars and hires Manning, Manning will be my driver next year. Up the Yorkshiremen!
Old 13 Oct 2002, 12:09 (Ref:402727)   #20
StuiE
Veteran

I Like Pioneer!, I was thinking they would go EARLing with Honda, but it seems like they are not, which is great! and Pioneer cars have always looked good too

05 - Peter Brock
Old 13 Oct 2002, 12:11 (Ref:402733)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Does the team have a website?
Old 13 Oct 2002, 14:11 (Ref:402846)   #22
StuiE
Veteran

Mo Nunn?

http://www.monunn.com/

edit: there is also Pioneer Racing if that was what you meant -> http://www.pioneer-racing.com/

Last edited by StuiE; 13 Oct 2002 at 14:16.

05 - Peter Brock
Old 13 Oct 2002, 22:39 (Ref:403239)   #23
Liz
Veteran

I notice there is no contact information at Mo Nunn Racing; probably because everyone is writing in to diss Deserter Kanaan. I left a message of support with the Pioneer website though.