Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Apr 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3524299)   #51
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Bbc weather preduction has been improving over the past few days, now showing clear and sunny for Sunday. The first time I took Harry was 2005 when he was 7, the weather that year made last year look like a picnic. Harry will be with me on Sunday so it didn't put him off :-)
Impressed - I remember forging out to an internet cafe in Sydenham to keep tabs of what was happening in the race and thinking the weather there was pretty vile even for my short amble along the high street, a view confirmed when I caught up on the footage.

That said, after ELMS 2013 and the end of last year's WEC round it'll almost feel like a betrayal of tradition to not end up relying on goretex at some stage during the Silverstone weekend!
Old 6 Apr 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3524327)   #52
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone here know if I have to wait till qualifying starts before I'm able to purchase the streaming content? I can't seem to find the option on the WEC app.
Thanks in advance!
Old 6 Apr 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3524425)   #53
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Does anyone here know if I have to wait till qualifying starts before I'm able to purchase the streaming content? I can't seem to find the option on the WEC app.
Thanks in advance!
I don´t know this year but last year I bought races on the same day, one was even started.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 20:00 (Ref:3524453)   #54
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The weather forecast has changed. Whos got the most downforce?
Old 6 Apr 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3524457)   #55
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I don´t know this year but last year I bought races on the same day, one was even started.
I seem to recalling having to wait till close to qualifying last year. Whatever the case, it's not very intuitive.
Old 7 Apr 2015, 05:25 (Ref:3524546)   #56
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For us Aussies, Fox Sports 1 (501) are (apparently) showing it live from 8:30pm on Sunday. This isn't in the EPG yet but Fox Motorsport posted this on their facebook page and said the EPG will be updated soon.
Old 7 Apr 2015, 08:29 (Ref:3524584)   #57
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Forecast showing dry right now but I guess we need pretty high temperatures ideally to counteract the wind chill.
Old 7 Apr 2015, 08:40 (Ref:3524589)   #58
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingo View Post
For us Aussies, Fox Sports 1 (501) are (apparently) showing it live from 8:30pm on Sunday. This isn't in the EPG yet but Fox Motorsport posted this on their facebook page and said the EPG will be updated soon.
Thanks for that
Old 7 Apr 2015, 12:05 (Ref:3524661)   #59
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
If the Nissan was there, it would still only be a 3 way scrap! The reason they are not going to be there is fairly obvious, the car is SLOW But I suppose there will be some P3 cars it can beat.
LMAO! you beat me to it. The only thing them hopeless Nissan's will be battling are LMGTE Am class
Old 7 Apr 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3524670)   #60
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
LMAO! you beat me to it. The only thing them hopeless Nissan's will be battling are LMGTE Am class
i think that is a little harsh as so far we have only seen a small amount of testing and no real racing, when it does finally appear it may be a surprise well let us hope it is
Old 7 Apr 2015, 17:02 (Ref:3524762)   #61
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know where to purchase the stream from the WEC website? I don't want to watch Fox where 70% of the race would be ads.
Old 7 Apr 2015, 19:27 (Ref:3524804)   #62
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The WEC stream is definitly worth it in comparison to FOX per say. Hope they add something new this year. Don´t worry kvenom as soon as the weekedn aproaches the LIVE tab should appear again and you should be able to buy it from there.
Old 7 Apr 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3524820)   #63
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Question for those who bought the app- There were two kinds, mobile and pc, correct? If you bought the PC version, you could still watch it via mobile?
Old 7 Apr 2015, 20:40 (Ref:3524835)   #64
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not last year.

I'm not sure it's all been updated for '15 yet though.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 03:02 (Ref:3524920)   #65
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Question for those who bought the app- There were two kinds, mobile and pc, correct? If you bought the PC version, you could still watch it via mobile?
No you can't. I made that mistake last year. I never used the PC stream (despite paying for it) and only used the iPhone App.

I streamed it via the iPhone and used airplay to my Apple TV. The quality was great and the stream was solid. Well worth the money.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 03:35 (Ref:3524923)   #66
Hiro
Racer

Hiro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
last year onboard cameras were only available via mobile not PC.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 04:50 (Ref:3524932)   #67
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i think that is a little harsh as so far we have only seen a small amount of testing and no real racing, when it does finally appear it may be a surprise well let us hope it is
Umm...i dont think it's harsh at all. When being "innovative" and taking risks, there is a price to pay when you get it completely wrong. To put it into perspective; if we were to run a 100 meter race with you in brand new pair of runners, and i have stubbornly decided to go bare feet and you have beaten me, then i cant sit there arguing that my way is right. Simply because the results are there. Nissan CHOSE to go FF layout and i personally think they are now scratching their heads on how to pull it off. While i was having a cheap laugh, i still stand by the fact that Nissan wont be a threat to the other three.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 08:38 (Ref:3524973)   #68
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Longish range weather forecasts look as though it might be warm(ish), windy and maybe some slight rain on Sunday.

I'm going to wear my usual Silverstone attire which is the same as an Arctic explorer
Old 8 Apr 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3524975)   #69
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually quick question but I've rather hastily bought one of the radios offered when purchasing tickets for the event, would I be better off buying a better radio before I go as I can't imagine the radio will be that good for £5
Old 8 Apr 2015, 09:30 (Ref:3524984)   #70
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem View Post
Actually quick question but I've rather hastily bought one of the radios offered when purchasing tickets for the event, would I be better off buying a better radio before I go as I can't imagine the radio will be that good for £5
Do you have radio on your mobile phone or an no3 player? Saves buying a radio specifically for the event if you do. I have a solar powered recharging thingy now to keep things charged, got it for camping and Le Mans

Sean
Old 8 Apr 2015, 09:41 (Ref:3524985)   #71
fidde86
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
fidde86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you please tell me how i buy wec stream for pc? Can only find apps for apple and android
Old 8 Apr 2015, 11:23 (Ref:3525014)   #72
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
No. I bought the PC version first when it wasn't clear that you didn't get both. However I complained and they refunded the cost to me and I bought the Mobile version. This was very good.
It does mean that Mrs43 has to drive more as we often end up traveling at least at some point when the race is on.
It is not that useful at the races where there are a lot of people caning the mobile network at the circuit. Totally useless at Le Mans, but good to stream in the hotel if you arrive too late on Wednesday night to get to the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidde86 View Post
Can you please tell me how i buy wec stream for pc? Can only find apps for apple and android
Last year there was a link on the WEC website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Do you have radio on your mobile phone or an no3 player? Saves buying a radio specifically for the event if you do. I have a solar powered recharging thingy now to keep things charged, got it for camping and Le Mans

Sean
I wouldn't risk streaming the radio on a phone while at the circuit. It is unlikely that it will cope with everyone doing that. Get a small cheap FM radio - apart from anything else the battery will last ages.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 11:58 (Ref:3525024)   #73
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Some phones have FM radio build in no reason for streaming.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3525120)   #74
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Cheerio Morand by the looks of things.

Disappointing, but as other have commented, the Kairos deal never quite sounded like it was making a lot of sense.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3525127)   #75
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Cheerio Morand by the looks of things.

Disappointing, but as other have commented, the Kairos deal never quite sounded like it was making a lot of sense.
What a shame, they're a good team. Let's hope it's not Millennium all over again.