Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Sep 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2755733)   #76
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would help if the AMOC web sites were up to date & promoted the race series.

I was looking out of interest, as a friend is vaguely considering a Vantage GT4 for a combination of Brit GT/ Britcar / AMOC but finding info is very difficult. There isn't even a description of the different series/ classes on the AMOC website. How are you meant to find out info about what can race & what the regs are?

I also found this web site via Google: http://www.amoc-racing.com/englisch/index2.htm - appears to have been last updated in 2003 & yet you can still find it as a live web site. Doesn't give a very good impression.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2755914)   #77
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed the website updating is a bit sporadic but nevertheless 9th October is another opportunity to try the new Donington layout for a wide variety of cars (Intermarque? 50s team? Pre-war?), please give John Hutchison a call at AMOC as I am certain he will try to find a suitable slot for you. (I'm not an AMOC member but appreciate the continuation of AMOC racing in some form or other).

Plus this gives me chance to plug what we hope will be the biggest Sunbeam Challenge grid ever in the 10 years since it started, including a rejuvenated front-runner with the necessary 600bhp+ to challenge for a podium, and we hope a wide variety of ex-works cars, Harringtons and possibly other Rootes group cars to add to the spectacle. Anyone with a car they suspect may be eligible please contact Tristan Bradfield via the committee page of the STOC web page below or PM me.
http://www.sunbeamtiger.co.uk/index2.htm
Old 11 Oct 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2773125)   #78
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A cold but enjoyable AMOC season finale on Saturday, I took both cars for the first time - and probably last; Roger, I take my hat off to you, no idea how you manage multiple cars, it left me absolutely cream crackered. I was still stationary doing up my straps when the Intermarque grid left the assembly area. Sometimes it's good to be last ! Glad I made it, this was the best drive for me with a race-long battle with Martin Wright's DBS (even though he got me on the last lap!).

Thankfully both my cars survived intact so I could still drive the Tiger home. Not everyone was so fortunate; Keith Hampson had a nasty moment in his Le Mans Alpine in qualifying for the 50s team race, thankfully at the slowest part of the circuit otherwise it could have been a lot worse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LLO1n3lWX0

Note the foam barriers now positioned on the chicane exit, this reduced the short-cutting and kept the corner free of gravel, thus saving a few windcreens.

Good to hear Chris Scragg being interviewed and sounding like his enthusiasm is undiminished, even if he wasn't yet fit to race.