Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2662867)   #1326
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
I wouldn't be sad at all if Butch and Graham joined next year but to what extent is Graham interested in going away from single seaters?
Isn't Butch getting pretty long in the tooth himself? Graham would be good. I could see a long solid future for him on the team.

DK
Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2662898)   #1327
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
The Rahal Letterman Racing ..... BMW North America contract .

mmmmm ..... maybe not exactly a works contract , but obviously a BMWNA favoured driver . Will he do Le Mans for BMW ?
I didn't think Graham had ever raced in the RLR BMW, he raced their Porsche 2 years ago a few times.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2662905)   #1328
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
The Rahal Letterman Racing ..... BMW North America contract .

mmmmm ..... maybe not exactly a works contract , but obviously a BMWNA favoured driver . Will he do Le Mans for BMW ?

Me thinks you have your Rahals confused!! Graham is the son of Bobby. Bobby Rahal = BMW Rahal Letterman Racing.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 29 Mar 2010 at 18:08.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2662911)   #1329
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Isn't Butch getting pretty long in the tooth himself? Graham would be good. I could see a long solid future for him on the team.

DK
Butch isn't young at all, no, but he is 7 years younger than Johnny, putting him in the early 40s I think.
And WMUCarGuy's comments sound very interesting. It could be all circumstantial but Butch's move to the GTC cars could be a 'training' ride for 2011. Maybe if he sucks at it he'll try it again with LMPs.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2663029)   #1330
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
David, they are still running C6GT-001 and C6GT-002.
L.P.
Thanks, Lane....

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 30 Mar 2010, 01:45 (Ref:2663153)   #1331
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Me thinks you have your Rahals confused!! Graham is the son of Bobby. Bobby Rahal = BMW Rahal Letterman Racing.
Oh ..... my mistake . I thought he was in the team !!! Sorry for that one . What the **** possesed me to think that ?

Well then ..... hope he finds a seat at P&M . They need some USA blood in that team , badly .
Old 30 Mar 2010, 04:36 (Ref:2663201)   #1332
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Butch isn't young at all, no, but he is 7 years younger than Johnny, putting him in the early 40s I think.
And WMUCarGuy's comments sound very interesting. It could be all circumstantial but Butch's move to the GTC cars could be a 'training' ride for 2011. Maybe if he sucks at it he'll try it again with LMPs.
Butch started his sportscar career in his dad Bob's GT Datsuns/Nissans many years ago. I don't think there is any question; he does not suck at driving a GT car.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2663886)   #1333
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Butch started his sportscar career in his dad Bob's GT Datsuns/Nissans many years ago. I don't think there is any question; he does not suck at driving a GT car.
I don't think anyone is implying that Butch is a bad driver. As a matter of fact, I get the impression we all agree he would be a solid addition to the driver line-up at Corvette. I guess some of us just feel that if they are going the youth route, someone like Graham Rahal would be a better addition since he could potentially be on the team longer. Only if it matter to Corvette that is. If Johnny O wants to retire it should be his call as he seems to really have found a groove these last few years and seems to be peaking as a Corvette driver. I kind of enjoy watching him work and he seems to be really enjoying himself these days.

DK
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2666058)   #1334
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure if it's already been mentioned in here but on SPEED's coverage of the Barrett-Jackson auction today Bob Varsha said he was told at the P&M shop that the 2 C6R GT1s from LM09 were sold to collectors last summer. Apparently both were sold in post-LM condition and were not to be touched or cleaned after the race. Can't really remember and don't have last year's race recorded but wasn't one or both of the cars cleaned in the garage at the end of the race last year or was it the year before?
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2666090)   #1335
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Can't really remember and don't have last year's race recorded but wasn't one or both of the cars cleaned in the garage at the end of the race last year or was it the year before?
Yes, the number 63 was driven into the garage with about 30 minutes left and cleaned and polished before it was sent back out to run the last few laps and take the flag with Johnny O at the wheel. As you may remember, the 64 broke down just outside the pit lane and the crew was not allowed to push it into the pits for repairs so I doubt it got a clean-up.

DK
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2666105)   #1336
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EDIT: why the hell did this end up in here, i posted it in the LMS thread!
Old 21 Apr 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2677358)   #1337
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA

Considering the excellent performance of the Corvettes at Abu Dhabi, do we assume GM/Pratt & Miller are helping with the development of the FIA GT1 WC Corvettes? Anyone got the inside scoop?

Old 21 Apr 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2677361)   #1338
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Considering the excellent performance of the Corvettes at Abu Dhabi, do we assume GM/Pratt & Miller are helping with the development of the FIA GT1 WC Corvettes? Anyone got the inside scoop?
Well, Olly Gavin did most of the testing of the thing (Mad Croc) up to and I believe through the equalization.

L.P.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2677496)   #1339
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I was told by P&M that they're kind of overseeing things, and helping where they can, but that the teams in Europe are doing all the work for the most part.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2679331)   #1340
DavidKooh
Rookie

DavidKooh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
I was told by P&M that they're kind of overseeing things, and helping where they can, but that the teams in Europe are doing all the work for the most part.
And should be. This one of the main conditions of success

Old 28 Apr 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2680953)   #1341
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
David, they are still running C6GT-001 and C6GT-002.
L.P.
Not wishing to dispute that-so I will ask in a different way---- can you list all the C6R built in chassis number order -and where they are now racing -or last known event and who entered them. tia
Old 28 Apr 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2680960)   #1342
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Full archive here:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/type...te%20C6.R.html
Old 28 Apr 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2681116)   #1343
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More up to date 1 with photos here - http://palmeter.com/C6RChasSNHist.htm
Old 28 Apr 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2681150)   #1344
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
That site's not up to date.

GT1
XX - Display Chassis
01 - Phoenix Racing/Carsport
02 - Mad Croc Racing
03 - Luc Alphand Adventures (Destroyed)
04 - Luc Alphand Adventures
05 - Phoenix Racing/Carsport
06 - Mad Croc Racing
07 - Sold to a collector in Virginia
08 - Still with P&M - Only Car Available

GT2
XX - Display Chaassis
01 - Corvette Racing
02 - Corvette Racing
03 - Built Customer Car (At P&M waiting for a new home)
04 - Built Customer Car (At P&M waiting for a new home)
Old 28 Apr 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2681182)   #1345
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
And those chassis #s are incomplete.

GT-1s are C6R-001 thru C6R-008
GT-2s are C6GT-001 thru C6GT-004 (so far)

Although both models, GT-1 and GT-2, are C6.Rs

L.P.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2681205)   #1346
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
forgot an LAA car was written off, sorry if I've missed it but any idea where they're getting their second LM chassis from then?
Old 28 Apr 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2681206)   #1347
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Perhaps GT1-#08 on lease, I think there's been this argument somewhere here a few days ago.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2681224)   #1348
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post

That site's not up to date.
Ouch...

I am working on it again, the FIA GTI World Championship has me inspired.

David Palmeter
palmeter.com

Old 28 Apr 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2681338)   #1349
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
And those chassis #s are incomplete.

GT-1s are C6R-001 thru C6R-008
GT-2s are C6GT-001 thru C6GT-004 (so far)

Although both models, GT-1 and GT-2, are C6.Rs

L.P.
The last 2 numbers are really all I pay attention to. We all know they're C6.Rs, I just go by essentially the last number in terms of paying attention to what's what.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2681340)   #1350
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Ouch...

I am working on it again, the FIA GTI World Championship has me inspired.

David Palmeter
palmeter.com
Yea, I know which cars Mad Croc and Phoenix are running, but I don't know which ones go with with numbers in the series. We should find out here shortly with the race at Silverstone coming up.