Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Nov 2002, 11:44 (Ref:426310)   #1
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP675 Rule Changes

Part of the reason behind MG's decision to bin the prototype race program is the ACO's decision to consider changing the class rules so that basically a 675 car will not be capable of challenging for the outright win. Is this really a good move though? I mean if they only want 900' cars winning, why let all the other classes compete? If I remember correctly a GTS spec Viper won the Daytona 24 hours outright a year or two back (ok, all the prototypes broke down), and at the time everyone said what a good thing it was that the GT class cars were still competitive! What's the point of having a race if you then try and stop people being competitive?
Old 11 Nov 2002, 13:41 (Ref:426384)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: LMP675 Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally posted by Cynic
Part of the reason behind MG's decision to bin the prototype race program is the ACO's decision to consider changing the class rules so that basically a 675 car will not be capable of challenging for the outright win. Is this really a good move though? I mean if they only want 900' cars winning, why let all the other classes compete? If I remember correctly a GTS spec Viper won the Daytona 24 hours outright a year or two back (ok, all the prototypes broke down), and at the time everyone said what a good thing it was that the GT class cars were still competitive! What's the point of having a race if you then try and stop people being competitive?
With respect Cynic, there's a world of difference between Daytona and Le Mans. I was delighted to see the Viper success at Daytona when it happened, but there is no chance of a GTS car winning at Le Mans. (Or as remote a chance as remote can be). I did like to see the MGs pushing the LMP900s though - when you've got the Audi's winning as they please, the MGs provided such much needed entertainment, while they lasted.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Nov 2002 at 13:41.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 22:25 (Ref:426668)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did read somewhere that, the ACO are going to do away with 675 in 2004 and replace it with a new class with a minimum wight of 700 kilos, just to stop people like MG coming along a spoiling the part for the 900's.