Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jan 2003, 20:11 (Ref:475496)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan Pablo Montoya in 2003

It'll be interesting to see how Montoya does in his 3rd F1 season this year. Last year, he beat his teammate Ralf to 3rd in the WDC by 8 points, not bad considering he was fighting for scraps left by Ferrari. I'd say he'll beat Ralf again this year, but I'm not sure how much by. How do you think he will do? This year will be crucial for him.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 20:17 (Ref:475505)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I say 4th in wdc behind michael, rubens, and kimi, in that order.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 20:21 (Ref:475508)   #3
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Inigo has the wrong Mac driver in front of Juan...
Old 15 Jan 2003, 20:24 (Ref:475514)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all depends on how the car is and how many of these new rules get implemented. If the Mclaren is better than the Williams then both Mac drivers may beat him but if the cars are evenly matched JPM will take 3rd.

Doing back to proper cars as the new rules have suggested will be a great help to Schu, JPM and Kimi as it will allow them to show off their ability to a far greater extent then they are allowed now. Next year should be good...
Old 15 Jan 2003, 20:55 (Ref:475544)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If the McLaren is better than the Williams, then it will be MS, RB, Kimi, JPM, if the Williams is better than the McLaren then it will be MS, RB, JPM, Kimi
Old 15 Jan 2003, 21:00 (Ref:475550)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
if all the driver aids are off from the start of the year then obviously JPM will kick ass .
Old 15 Jan 2003, 21:04 (Ref:475556)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I was thinking exactly what mr v was. I just have a strong feeling that the Mac will be the best of the rest this year...

If driver aids are off from the start, I think the gap to Michael will be even greater. But Juan will definitely benefit..
Old 15 Jan 2003, 21:08 (Ref:475560)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
if all the driver aids are off from the start of the year then obviously JPM will kick ass .
that says it for me too !
Old 16 Jan 2003, 00:42 (Ref:475790)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
JPM really has to thrash Ralf this year if he wants people to consider him at Michaels level.

Ralf beat him in 2001, and was close (could have gone either way in the last race) in 2002. Most of the 'greats' start out with a better record against team-mates, and Juan really needs establish himself over Ralf in 2003.

I think without driver aids, Juan will look even better. We know from the past car control is his strength, not his weekness.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 01:33 (Ref:475818)   #10
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Ralf will beat jpm this year . as will KIMMI
Old 16 Jan 2003, 15:28 (Ref:476285)   #11
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
again Mark, based on what? (your dislike of him is not a reason)
Old 16 Jan 2003, 15:34 (Ref:476290)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
I think Ralf will beat jpm this year . as will KIMMI
Well, i think that Pizzonia is going to beat Webber

Back to topic....without driver aids, the gap between JPM and Rafe will grow imo, (as will the gap between Michael and Rubens)
Old 16 Jan 2003, 15:42 (Ref:476298)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
JPM really has to thrash Ralf this year if he wants people to consider him at Michaels level.

Ralf beat him in 2001, and was close (could have gone either way in the last race) in 2002. Most of the 'greats' start out with a better record against team-mates, and Juan really needs establish himself over Ralf in 2003.
I support the above statements. There's little between them except for a few race wins.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
I think without driver aids, Juan will look even better. We know from the past car control is his strength, not his weekness.
If he really is the demi-god that some people think, this year will prove it and car failures won't be an excuse.

So we look forward to a great season.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 15:57 (Ref:476323)   #14
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Get ready to eat your words Mr Mallett.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 16:13 (Ref:476334)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can see Montoya beating Ralf comfortably this year, especially with a lot of driver aids gone. Kimi should beat Voulthard easily this time as well. Which of them will be best of the non-Ferraris is a good question. In any case, I think they'll both have their best DRIVING seasons of their careers, the question is how many points they get.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 19:05 (Ref:476476)   #16
GXH
Racer

GXH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the McLaren will be a williams beater, but if the toys are all switched of then i can see david beating Kimmi but only just, the 1 chance pole will hurt kimmi i think but i could be wrong
But if the toys are switched of the Monty should shine through as he makes a 1st class raw driver.. big set of bounceing b**ls u see
Old 16 Jan 2003, 19:16 (Ref:476496)   #17
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
Ill take that bet!
Old 17 Jan 2003, 00:15 (Ref:476756)   #18
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
again Mark, based on what? (your dislike of him is not a reason)
I rate Ralf over jpm simple as that he will finish more in the points .
I could ask you the same based on what for jpm
I rate Kimmi over jpm
its my opinon they will finish higher than jpm
Ralf V jpm is 1-1 at point

to mr V

bet you he doesn't
Old 17 Jan 2003, 00:52 (Ref:476778)   #19
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM and Kimi are the two drivers most likely to take on MS in 2003, simple as that. I doubt Ralf will be anywhere near Montoya if Juan can stay consistent. There is no doubt that JPM is the outright fastest of the two.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 06:19 (Ref:476903)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I said we look forward to a great season.

But only IF the FIA does its job and the engineers don't find another way around the loss of driver aids. Perhaps they should be made to take an aids test before each race?
Old 17 Jan 2003, 07:13 (Ref:476920)   #21
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a good one Pete!!
Old 17 Jan 2003, 08:30 (Ref:476961)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM will finish 4th behind TGF, Rubens.... and Nick!

Ok, I'm dreaming with the final one...
Old 17 Jan 2003, 09:35 (Ref:476983)   #23
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
As I said we look forward to a great season.

But only IF the FIA does its job and the engineers don't find another way around the loss of driver aids. Perhaps they should be made to take an aids test before each race?
I reckon the loss of driver aids will increase Schumacher's advantage over JPM et al. A little bit of help enables less experienced drivers to perform at the level that Schuamcher can achieve un-aided!

However, I am equally confident that a more difficult car will help JPM beat Ralf. The biggest factor with JPM will be on the technical side - if he has been doing his homework all closed season he might at last be getting to full competence in terms of car set-up and then we'll truly see what he can do. Before now he has been decidedly hit and miss in this department and it has given rise to the odd lacklustre race.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 14:05 (Ref:477262)   #24
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
I rate Ralf over jpm simple as that he will finish more in the points .
I could ask you the same based on what for jpm
JPM has more natural ability, better car control and is overall much faster. He also finished ahead of his very experienced team mate in the points last year.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 15:01 (Ref:477331)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:

to mr V

bet you he doesn't
Quote:
I think Ralf will beat jpm this year .
Bet you he doesn't

Tags
jpm