Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Mar 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3964641)   #851
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ACO have said they will make a decision and announce it on April 15th https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...s-postponement
Old 16 Mar 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3964649)   #852
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that Sean. I think the announcement of a postponement is almost a given, it just depends on when its now going to be.....
Old 16 Mar 2020, 22:25 (Ref:3964727)   #853
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Reviewing the file of Racing Sports Cars I was observing that in 1968 the 24 hours were run on September 29 and in 1957 on July 29.

https://www.racingsportscars.com/tra...Le%20Mans.html

Maybe it would be positive to postpone it for a few months, and thus also postpone the start of the next season and give Glikenhaus more time to finish his Hypercar.

In 68 it was due to the political crisis in France at the time
Old 17 Mar 2020, 04:54 (Ref:3964766)   #854
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
While it is annoying this situation, in a way they can’t take too many chances on a virus which is still something of an unknown, even if I feel things have been overblown by the media
That's what I mean. It's 24/7 cancel everything. I remember the swine flu. That supposedly affected over 60 million people in the US alone and had over 12k deaths. That was also a global pandemic. I just don't recall the same wire to wire coverage of that and the absolute shut down of everything with any form of a crowd. I want it to be over so life and motorsport can get back to normal. It's especially not easy for me and mine with the location I'm in because of the (imo) unwarranted panic buying and shutting down of nearly everything besides department stores.

I know that safety comes first but something has changed from the last time one of these types of viruses was on the world scene.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 06:45 (Ref:3964770)   #855
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has something changes, or is the situation difference? Covid 19 has a higher infection rates and higher mortality rates and the detail of how these change dependent on age and other medical factors is important. To many eyes the rates still look low, but you don’t need a big increase to make the 60m and 12k much higher. When a vaccine becomes available is also key, but until then trying to limit the total number of people, especially in the vulnerable categories, is the only action we have.

You say supposedly, why? Obviously they are estimates, but credible ones.

As for panic buying? That just comes from selfishness and stupidity.

A few links:
https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...irus-(COVID-19)
https://www.medicinenet.com/script/m...iclekey=228575
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105
Old 17 Mar 2020, 07:03 (Ref:3964773)   #856
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Has something changes, or is the situation difference? Covid 19 has a higher infection rates and higher mortality rates and the detail of how these change dependent on age and other medical factors is important. To many eyes the rates still look low, but you don’t need a big increase to make the 60m and 12k much higher. When a vaccine becomes available is also key, but until then trying to limit the total number of people, especially in the vulnerable categories, is the only action we have.

You say supposedly, why? Obviously they are estimates, but credible ones.

As for panic buying? That just comes from selfishness and stupidity.

A few links:
https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...irus-(COVID-19)
https://www.medicinenet.com/script/m...iclekey=228575
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105
Fully agree with the above. We should not forget that we are still only at the beginning of this pandemic. Things are not turning for the better anytime soon. All reports here in Denmark is that it will peak in the end of April and we were among the first to "shut down" here in Europe, but still too late.
For the US I fear that the peak will later and sadly much more severe due to late actions from the US government. (Not meant as a political attack, but sadly looking more and more like a fact)
Old 17 Mar 2020, 07:47 (Ref:3964776)   #857
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That's what I mean. It's 24/7 cancel everything. I remember the swine flu. That supposedly affected over 60 million people in the US alone and had over 12k deaths. That was also a global pandemic. I just don't recall the same wire to wire coverage of that and the absolute shut down of everything with any form of a crowd. I want it to be over so life and motorsport can get back to normal. It's especially not easy for me and mine with the location I'm in because of the (imo) unwarranted panic buying and shutting down of nearly everything besides department stores.

I know that safety comes first but something has changed from the last time one of these types of viruses was on the world scene.
Swine Flu had a CFR of 0.1% - 0.5%.

Currently Italy is seeing a CFR of upwards of 5%. One estimate was 7%.

Whilst panic buying and 24/7 coverage is stupid, it is absolutely the right call to start shutting stuff down. If the experts say this is serious, I'm going with the experts.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 15:22 (Ref:3964944)   #858
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's hard because, while we've had disruptions in the past due to various reasons (weather, politics, viruses etc.), we've never had something on this scale before. Usually things are back to normal in no time, but this seems to be here to stay for at least another month if we are lucky. It's a whole new experience for the world and it must be hard for some people that they have to be isolated, especially if they need their social life to keep them occupied, and to make matters worse have no sport to keep their fix. I share my sympathies with the whole world. The virus is bad enough without these knock on effects we have to take. Unfortunately precautions have to be taken.

I do agree the panic buying has got too much now. I know of one Sainsbury's that has been completely cleared out. It's just ridiculous. Really the government and media need to reassure people at the same time as advising them
Old 17 Mar 2020, 15:34 (Ref:3964948)   #859
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Really the government and media need to reassure people at the same time as advising them
That's all well and good - but how should governments (it's not just the UK) handle the situation if people are ignoring and criticising the reassurance that is being given?
Old 17 Mar 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3965026)   #860
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
That's all well and good - but how should governments (it's not just the UK) handle the situation if people are ignoring and criticising the reassurance that is being given?
That's exactly the problem, there's plenty of stop buying everything and hoarding requests from government here, local state and federal levels, and yet still people buying everything they can even if they don't need it it seems. People won't listen if they're panicked, that's why it's panic not planned buying.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 19:31 (Ref:3965028)   #861
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shops need to limit it themselves. They already police this manually with a lot of things. That's the simple answer.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 20:05 (Ref:3965037)   #862
S griffin
Veteran

Perhaps people also need to be reminded that everyone is in the same boat and that no one is more important than others and therefore shouldn’t hoard all the food and supplies. Other people need it too
Old 17 Mar 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3965045)   #863
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If the experts say this is serious, I'm going with the experts.
Agree 100%! The resistance that some elements against guidance from experts is astonishing, frustrating, frightening.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 02:56 (Ref:3965133)   #864
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post

I'll let the others speak for the differences in pandemics and can go deep into many conspiracy theories with you, but that's not good for anyone right now. I'm sorry for the difficulty this is causing you personally, I really am. It sucks.

I live in a college town and know a lot of business owners that rely heavily on students, mainly restaurants and pubs. As of today, they're all closed until further notice. Furthermore, campus is closed until the end of the semester meaning it might be September until they even see good business again, if they're even still open. One of my best friends runs an events company that specialize in weddings. We're about to be in peak wedding season. Needless to say, they're pretty much screwed.

The industry I'm in can be highly volatile in these economic crisises and I just recently recovered from the last great recession, so I started working with a local financial advisor to further plan for retirement and transferred my IRA and other stock options to him. I can't even get him on the phone after Monday's crash. My dad and I just put some property he's owned for decades on the market after one of the biggest appreciation markets we've seen in years. Well, that's screwed, too.

My kids are out of school and my private preschool teacher wife is out of work until, at the earliest, then end of the month, likely much longer due to the state university decision. That means we're trying keep them occupied, keep them up with school work, I'm trying to work from home with them here all day and trying not to go crazy.

It sucks for us all and its early, early days into this for us. It will be over when it's over. If we can come to this forum, try to lift each other up, share motoring news and some of the good that WILL come out of this effed up situation, that's the best we can do right now.

This is not directed specifically to TF, as it turned into a little vent, as I needed to get this off my chest somewhere. The wife and kids certainty don't want to or need to hear it.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 08:40 (Ref:3965161)   #865
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Everything being shut down really hurts the people who are not even affected by the virus literally, because are now affected by it second hand. It goes beyond just work and the jobs, but people's well-being in terms of getting the necessities. I don't think it helps that there's this level of panic on the news 24/7 either. I think everyone should be extra careful out there but good hygiene should be second nature. Scary that it's not.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 08:57 (Ref:3965164)   #866
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Yes, it sucks and everyone knows that things shutting down affects people second-hand. But that's also an incredibly selfish way of looking at it. The reason things shut down is to stop those who would be working being directly affected first-hand and becoming victims.

Yes it sucks. We all agree it sucks for lots of reasons. Peoples lives are going to change. Businesses are going to struggle. It's going to be hard for a lot of companies and a lot of people. But if we soldier on and pretend everything is fine and we shouldn't shut down for safety, then more people will get ill.

--

Sainsburys in the UK has limited the sale of all goods, to stop stock piling. Also prioritising the deliveries to the elderly. Many shops are now doing elderly only hours at 8-10am in the morning, to make sure vulnerable people get what they need.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3965172)   #867
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yes, it sucks and everyone knows that things shutting down affects people second-hand. But that's also an incredibly selfish way of looking at it. The reason things shut down is to stop those who would be working being directly affected first-hand and becoming victims.
When preparing for security tasks (such as large scale sporting events) , a worthwhile message to pass on to individuals is that the biggest challenge will hopefully be handling the boredom setting in because nothing is happening.
If that is the case, then the security measures are working and your incidents are minimal.

The same is true in the current circumstances. People may become frustrated with the constraints being placed on their lives. But once the situation returns to normal, if the amount of cases/deaths has been limited in any way, then surely the frustration is worth it?
Old 18 Mar 2020, 10:14 (Ref:3965176)   #868
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
When preparing for security tasks (such as large scale sporting events) , a worthwhile message to pass on to individuals is that the biggest challenge will hopefully be handling the boredom setting in because nothing is happening.
If that is the case, then the security measures are working and your incidents are minimal.

The same is true in the current circumstances. People may become frustrated with the constraints being placed on their lives. But once the situation returns to normal, if the amount of cases/deaths has been limited in any way, then surely the frustration is worth it?
You're not wrong, but I feel like the biggest issue is small businesses collapsing. Restaurants etc. That has a knock on effect to peoples lives. But you can't just say "Well ok, everyone back to normal then" because then more people will die.

People with mental health issues will also struggle badly.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3965190)   #869
S griffin
Veteran

Yes I am do worry for those with mental health issues. It will be hard for those who need that socialising to prevent them getting depressed or those who need sporting events and the like to keep them sane. If the virus is everyone's biggest concern, then people's mental health is the next thing to be concerned about
Old 18 Mar 2020, 12:18 (Ref:3965228)   #870
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Certainly, mental health, pre-existing conditions (which one of my parents has, who both are in the most at risk age group), the economic future and the economic present as well as the immediate health and safety implications are all of grave concern ATM and can cause a panicked mass. It will be hard b/c there's not much else to do and not much else to talk about currently, but we all need to find something else to do than watched the news constantly and get more panicked and worried.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 12:24 (Ref:3965230)   #871
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, it seems we are in a bit of vicious circle at moment, one thing leads to another which leads to more panicking, which doesn’t help.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 13:54 (Ref:3965249)   #872
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I have to be honest and admit that I struggle badly with mental health issues. Namely depression and anxiety. I've also spend most of the past 4 months at home to help with family matters. Now it seems that when I'm able to not just get outside but actually socialize and shrug off my feelings of isolation and loneliness, this has to happen.

It also doesn't help that most of the places I'd go are basically closed down. Not that it matters because in Mansfield unless you have money there's nothing to do anyways because the area's economy revolves around retail and eating out. And I'm broke until the end of the month, so I guess I'm screwed anyways.

If not for Facebook messenger and here and a few other places I visit, I have almost no outlet to the outside world. And seeing what's on Facebook (which I'm taking a break from aside from Messenger), I'm not sure I want to partake in what's going on anyways.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3965262)   #873
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It will be hard b/c there's not much else to do and not much else to talk about currently, but we all need to find something else to do than watched the news constantly and get more panicked and worried.
I have no idea what anybody should be talking about. But news teams (local and national) have to give people information on the virus no matter what. I mean the only sports here is nfl trading players. And people aren't out doing other news worthy things. the state legislature is closed, all party's and events are cancelled.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 16:58 (Ref:3965322)   #874
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24H Le Mans Postponed to September.
ACO confirms that this year’s Le Mans will take place on September 19-20…

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-to-september/
Old 18 Mar 2020, 17:07 (Ref:3965333)   #875
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I have to be honest and admit that I struggle badly with mental health issues. Namely depression and anxiety.
Same here mate. It's good to be honest and not bottling it up. Stay Strong .