Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2002, 12:46 (Ref:353913)   #1
meeuwis
Rookie

meeuwis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you know which circuit to visit in 2003?

Hello y'all!

Next year i'm planning to visit a F1 grand prix in real life (instead of through the television).

Can you advise me which circuit I should visit.

I live in the Netherlands and the expenses have to be within certain limits.

Please inform me about the distance form the Netherlands, the price, the quality of what you see, and other things I should take into account.

Thank you very much!
Old 9 Aug 2002, 12:53 (Ref:353929)   #2
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've only visited Hungaroring. (and now that I mentioned.... only a couple of days and I should start packing again).

The ticket's price I believe it's either the same as other venues or slightly lower. Yes, it's the farthest European circuit from you (nearest from me)... but you will find Budapest a lovely city. And the difference for various expenses should compensate.

As for the circuit... You will not see much "action" (that is overtakings), but with the exception of "Super Gold" tribune (masked by the Pit-boxes) from anywhere you stand at least 75% of the track is visible.

And welcome at 1010ths by the way.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 12:57 (Ref:353943)   #3
Kimi
Rookie

Kimi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi meeuiwis, personnally i would advise you Monaco since i've been there but since you live in the netherlands maybe it's not the best choice from a distance point of view and expenses too...I guess the closest would be Spa or maybe Nurburgring. Well i haven't been there so i can't really help but i have been to Monaco and Magny Cours and they are both great! well very different i'd say as Magny Cours is more a relaxing Grand Prix whereas Monaco isn't but Monaco is much more fun for sure!The only bad thing about Monaco (if you exclude the price) is that you don't really understand the race quite well from the stands...Well of course you know who is leading and stuff like that but you can follow the race more at other circuits...
Old 9 Aug 2002, 14:01 (Ref:354017)   #4
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having only been to the Albert Park, Spa, Hockenhiem , Monaco, Indy and Montreal F1 tracks, I can't comment on them all, but is there such a thing as a bad F1 race weekend for an enthusiast?

Spa is right next door to you, and is probably the best anyway. Get their if you can, it's only a few weeks away.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 14:11 (Ref:354024)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Meroo
Spa is right next door to you, and is probably the best anyway. Get their if you can, it's only a few weeks away.
Spa. It is great and just down the road.

Nurburgring is not much further either, but I don't know if it's any good. Why not visit the old circuit a few days before or after if you go here or Spa?

Austria is quite good. The track is not as good as Spa (or the old Osterreichring, but chose your viewing position carefully and you can see almost all of the track.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 14:14 (Ref:354029)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

Spa. It is great and just down the road.

And quite possibly the last chance you'll get to see F1 cars in anger there.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 14:20 (Ref:354034)   #7
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definatly Spa,I love everything abt the circuit!Only negative thing...it takes a while to get arround the circuit (exept if you are in the pitbox,from there it's easy to get arround it.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 18:46 (Ref:354207)   #8
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hmm, I have tickets for Melbourne, Sepang, Monaco, Montreal and Indianapolis.. If I had to advise you on one track its got to be Monaco. The stand at the Swimming pool section gives a fabulous view of the sea & the cars coming out of the tunnel. Must check it out!
Old 9 Aug 2002, 19:02 (Ref:354217)   #9
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Now for Spa... I have been to Spa 3 times and I must say that the best place for a spectator at Spa is either being on the stand beside the Eau Rouge or beside the long kemmel staright after Eau rouge [more closer you are to Les Combes, the better]. The stand at stavelot is quite cool too (was there last year during qualifying when JPM gave the pole), and you can get a great view of the cars and hear the engine revs extremely well. Its breathtaking. The worst place to be on the track is Bruxelles... just dont be there or you waste your money. But all in all Spa is excellent.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 23:13 (Ref:354359)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I actually looked at going to Monaco instead of Silverstone this year but had an exam the day after the GP

Admittedly, I ain't the worlds biggest F1 fan but I just want to experience a race in person as I find that seeing cars in the flesh can change your perception of a series.
Old 10 Aug 2002, 03:11 (Ref:354421)   #11
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never been to Spa. Me and a friend were to be the guest of Jordan Grand prix at spa in 1998 but EJ reneiged on the deal (the friend was editing a book about Damon Hill) truely the most dissapointing F1 day of my life.

planning to do melbourne / sepang double header in 2003
Old 10 Aug 2002, 15:38 (Ref:354656)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come to Silverstone, its the only track with decent access.

For a really great race, come to the Rockingham CART event.