Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 9 Aug 2007, 02:17 (Ref:1984576)   #51
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, yes, it is a bit divergent, but if you do not know the right people to get a ride with a top team...that alters your chances.

If you want to be truly strict about diverging from this topic, then we might as well stop this thread now.

The answer is simple: Danica might win a race, but she might not. We have no way of knowing whether or not it will happen. Strictly speaking, there is nothing to discuss.

Last edited by Dutton; 9 Aug 2007 at 02:20.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 16:05 (Ref:1984968)   #52
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton

The answer is simple: Danica might win a race, but she might not. We have no way of knowing whether or not it will happen. Strictly speaking, there is nothing to discuss.
You could have saved yourself a whole lot of typing if you'd written that four pages ago!
Old 9 Aug 2007, 19:29 (Ref:1985085)   #53
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well it is self-evident and defeats the point of discussion.

I much prefer the way this thread has gone than being so bloody awkward.
Old 11 Aug 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1986335)   #54
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think she's better value at AGR than Marco Andretti, who's only there due to Dad owning the team. His only victory came due to fuel strategy at Sonoma, and was hardly a dominating win.
Will DP ever win? Will AJ Foyt 4 ever win? What about Ed Carpenter? It's not beyond the realms of possibility.
Old 11 Aug 2007, 20:56 (Ref:1986347)   #55
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From memory though hasnt Marco been up the front and in with a shot of winning more than Danica?
Old 11 Aug 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1986352)   #56
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanalised
I think she's better value at AGR than Marco Andretti, who's only there due to Dad owning the team. His only victory came due to fuel strategy at Sonoma, and was hardly a dominating win.
And she is only there IMHO because of sponsorship and her fame I think anyway. (imo before my head gets bitten off by danicamania fans)

I think both have put in similar performances this year anyway and i'd rate them to the same. Well Since Iowa Marco has been good at pretty much every track he was off course there at Indy. He just lacks confidence. Danica is off course never short of confidence.

Danica has been more consistent but I think Marco is the better driver naturally overall, on the road courses anyway.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 01:41 (Ref:1986467)   #57
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got to say she was actually looking fairly racy out there today up to that point. A little of my hat has just been eaten.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 01:47 (Ref:1986469)   #58
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, she's looked racy most of the year. That spin out of the pits would appear to driver error though.

The tire blowing out after that was bizarre though...
Old 12 Aug 2007, 03:44 (Ref:1986492)   #59
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Errr the spin out of the pits and the tyre blowing were obviously connected.
As I've said before she'll definitely win a race shortly and will win before Marco and I'm tipping will go to F1 too......
Old 12 Aug 2007, 04:06 (Ref:1986493)   #60
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Mr Bender, you have to be joking. While I feel she has got some talent it dose not extend to talent enough for F1. I feel that no one in F1 is seriously looking at IRL for potential drivers.

Danica and Alonso would make a good couple though
Old 12 Aug 2007, 05:50 (Ref:1986502)   #61
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can picture it now.She's cried herself to sleep with little snot bubbles coming from her nose,dreaming of who to blame this time.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 08:52 (Ref:1986529)   #62
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mr Bender, you have to be joking. While I feel she has got some talent it dose not extend to talent enough for F1

Nothing to do with talent.....everything to do with money....her earning potential in F1 would be second only to Lewis's.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 08:57 (Ref:1986535)   #63
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Nothing to do with talent.....everything to do with money....her earning potential in F1 would be second only to Lewis's.
agreed
She'd fit in real good @ f1, what a pack of grizzlers
Old 12 Aug 2007, 11:11 (Ref:1986593)   #64
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well she the spin was because of cold tires. Very dangerous because she backed up low onto the racing line where Dixi was running most of the day.

The puncture when she nearly hit the safety truck under caution because of her spin was because IMO she flat spotted the tire badly after the huge lock up spin for quite a distance traveled. That was enough to create a puncture during the bid load around the corner. If she was more experienced I would have expected to come straight to the pits if she wasn't or drive back slower.

But again she was up there and in contention.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1987050)   #65
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica is already earning a top F1 drivers salary in the IRL.

If she went to F1 with a decent team and merely kept her head above water as she has done in the IRL, posting the odd decent result, I think her earning potential would far exceed any other driver.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 01:06 (Ref:1987195)   #66
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Errr the spin out of the pits and the tyre blowing were obviously connected.
You're right. And AGR confirmed as much.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 17:48 (Ref:1987681)   #67
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If she stays in the IRL for the next three years, I can't imagine that she won't win at least one race. She impressed me on the last road course qualifying - that was an eye opener - she's a pretty darn good racing driver -- but I don't think she's agressive enough to become a title contender.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:28 (Ref:1990877)   #68
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
The Saint has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DP will never win a race off her own driving skill. However, AGR is one of the front running teams....and has the measure of TCG and PENSKE. So like other people out there say, if enough are taken out by attrition she could win the odd race or two. God help us when that happens, all her testosterone flooded, pimply boy-fans will be wailing about how good she is.....

<shudders>
Old 17 Aug 2007, 12:44 (Ref:1990926)   #69
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I agree Saint. I am dreading the day she wins if she does because on internet forums next we'll be told she'll be a champion.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1990941)   #70
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes if everyone else drops out in front of her !!!. By the way, for those of you who have not seen her in the flesh "so to speak". She is no where near as attractive in real life as in print. Injudicious use of the airbrush i think.
Also she wears a scowl that would frighten the devil.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1991209)   #71
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Well that certainly is an important point! I have seen Ryan Hunter Reay in person and he is much, much prettier than his pictures.

And that, of course, is much more important than the fact of his driving ability.

Now Rafael Matos is a little on the short side, so I am not sure he should get a ride...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 11:28 (Ref:1991220)   #72
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There all a little on the short side

I know it may appear trivial but quite a number of guys are i am sure interested in Danica not only for her driving prowess.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1991224)   #73
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Actually, Ryan is taller than I am, and I am 6' 1" - but again, why are we discussing looks here? Agreed that forum members may find drivers attractive or not attractive, but that discussion is a Parc Ferme thing, imho.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 13:25 (Ref:1991304)   #74
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
John you sure have a 'thing' for RHR whenever someone mentions Danica isn't pretty you always mention his looks.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 15:28 (Ref:1991391)   #75
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This thread is

Ray of Light and "Confessions" are good CD`s.

Back on topic, Danica is not good looking enough to win a race...come on now. Just look at here. And how about those interviews? Always coming off so snooty. Snooty women don`t win races.