Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Dec 2020, 10:37 (Ref:4020558)   #501
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Quick answers needed, I'd say "Flying" answers.

You're looking for a town/track/race name.
F1 related.
The clues: In the question and "I'm longer than the longest with less turns."

No PM, straight forward, no pussy style answer! GO!
Reims.

Oops! Scooped.
Old 4 Dec 2020, 11:14 (Ref:4020565)   #502
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pescara?
Old 4 Dec 2020, 11:26 (Ref:4020569)   #503
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nordschleife + sudschleife?
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 4 Dec 2020, 11:45 (Ref:4020571)   #504
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Pescara?
And the winner is…………… RB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescara_Circuit yes the scheme shows more than 3 curves but was said a triangle.
Well done RBS.
Old 4 Dec 2020, 13:32 (Ref:4020588)   #505
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a good book about this by Richard Williams, called, The Last Road Race.

No more takers for the last picture puzzle, the correct answer was Shadow, it was the only one of the manufacturers to win a GP. Alan Jones, Austria 1977.
Old 4 Dec 2020, 16:38 (Ref:4020631)   #506
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
What was the car?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Caroline Grifnee (wreck).JPG
Views:	15
Size:	4.78 MB
ID:	65621
Old 4 Dec 2020, 17:11 (Ref:4020635)   #507
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What was the car?

Attachment 65621
Blimey! I'd say that WAS is the correct description!
Old 4 Dec 2020, 17:14 (Ref:4020636)   #508
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What was the car?

Attachment 65621
https://youtu.be/eykIxzmSi9E
Old 4 Dec 2020, 18:30 (Ref:4020653)   #509
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Jeez, brings to mind Rory Butcher’s crash at the same place this year, although not sure the Megane hit the barrier like Rory did
Old 4 Dec 2020, 19:15 (Ref:4020666)   #510
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Jeez, brings to mind Rory Butcher’s crash at the same place this year, although not sure the Megane hit the barrier like Rory did
No, the Megane did not hit the barrier
Old 5 Dec 2020, 05:25 (Ref:4020724)   #511
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What or who is the connection?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4853.JPG   272.JPG   JPEG Image (26181).jpg  

1552.JPG  
Old 5 Dec 2020, 07:36 (Ref:4020734)   #512
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We already have two Roberts so why not a Roberta?
Old 5 Dec 2020, 16:42 (Ref:4020797)   #513
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My supremacy in the Stupido club being challenged, have to try harder. Always on the track of a woman, I go for an orifice. Tilly Shilling!

Will, what's your opinion when we talk about carbs?
Old 5 Dec 2020, 19:21 (Ref:4020813)   #514
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Will, what's your opinion when we talk about carbs?
I try to steer clear of them or I upset the corner weights on the race car
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 7 Dec 2020, 11:28 (Ref:4021312)   #515
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Wile waiting for an answer for what seems to be an obscure question, another one.
Looking for a driver. Deeply involved in the development of GTs and F1 program of a famous car maker. Driver for NART too. Very versatile profile, 24 H of Le Mans, Spa Francorchamps, European Touring championship, briefly seen driving an Alpine. Now gone, nice guy to discus with.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 12:33 (Ref:4021331)   #516
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Would the car maker be Ferrari and the Driver Jean Guichet?
Old 7 Dec 2020, 15:42 (Ref:4021368)   #517
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No kidding you're a fantastic player what a pleasure!
The car maker is not Ferrari but he drove a NART 275 LM at Le Mans. Bear in mind you do know his name but it won't be your first choice. Deeply involved in a F1 program. Nice person may be a little shy…

This puts out Bandini and Vaccarella.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 15:48 (Ref:4021370)   #518
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Because you're so close and knowing the way you search I can just answer your questions. Adding a single clue would almost give you the name…
Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:04 (Ref:4021373)   #519
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
No kidding you're a fantastic player what a pleasure!
The car maker is not Ferrari but he drove a NART 275 LM at Le Mans. Bear in mind you do know his name but it won't be your first choice. Deeply involved in a F1 program. Nice person may be a little shy…

This puts out Bandini and Vaccarella.
Did Jochen Rindt & David Piper drive a NART 275 LM?
Old 7 Dec 2020, 17:44 (Ref:4021409)   #520
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes Rindt/ Piper DNF in '64 and Rindt/Gregory victorious in '65 at Le Mans.
The one you're looking for never won LM. Not Ed Hugus!

Last edited by Gerard C; 7 Dec 2020 at 17:54. Reason: Hugus!
Old 7 Dec 2020, 18:04 (Ref:4021416)   #521
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You bring two other questions: what was the ranking of the NART cars in '75 and who is the mysterious Ed Hugus…
Old 7 Dec 2020, 18:25 (Ref:4021422)   #522
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
You bring two other questions: what was the ranking of the NART cars in '75 and who is the mysterious Ed Hugus…
Ed Hugus was quite a competent driver with several good results at Le Mans, and was a reserve driver for the Rindt/Gregory car and was there just in case! When Rindt came in during the night Gregory got to drive in the fog (& dark) his glasses were steaming up so he pitted but with Rindt asleep Hugus took over. He could not get to the podium in time for various reasons so missed out on the celebrations.

He was also involved with the first AC/Shelby Cobra's.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 18:59 (Ref:4021427)   #523
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Ed Hugus was quite a competent driver with several good results at Le Mans, and was a reserve driver for the Rindt/Gregory car and was there just in case!He could not get to the podium in time for various reasons so missed out on the celebrations.
Shome shay he wasn't supposed to officially drive the car during the race. But who can say for sure what happened during that night now!

In '75 an angry Chinetti retired all his cars before the start. Strong character!

Back to the driver you're looking for. A good clue: at Le Mans he had several french co-drivers… Another clue: the list is long going from A…
Old 7 Dec 2020, 19:04 (Ref:4021430)   #524
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Shome shay he wasn't supposed to officially drive the car during the race. But who can say for sure what happened during that night now!

In '75 an angry Chinetti retired all his cars before the start. Strong character!

Back to the driver you're looking for. A good clue: at Le Mans he had several french co-drivers… Another clue: the list is long going from A…
I think my NART 275 LM knowledge is about exhausted I do get mixed up with 250LM, 275LM & 330P's though!
Old 7 Dec 2020, 19:16 (Ref:4021431)   #525
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Want one part of the answer? Alfa Romeo.

I've only read you, RB. When you talk do you lisp by chance?

Last edited by Gerard C; 7 Dec 2020 at 19:31.