Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Dec 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2809128)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
CTCRC

Historics, Post Historics, Group 1, Pre 93, Classic Thunder
Old 13 Apr 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2862768)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC Snetterton 300 16/17th April

All the clubs championships will be out including the Pre 66 Classics. I will be there in my old Yellow 2nd gen Camaro, shaping up to be a good event with over 30 cars with many unique models and hybrids in the Classic Thunder event, ifyou like variety and powerful cars this is the one to watch. Double headers for most championships as well so plenty to spectate especially Sunday when most of the racing takes place, see you there!
Old 13 Apr 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2862782)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hoping to make it; maybe even both days.
Old 13 Apr 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2862924)   #4
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't wait!!
hopefully we get good grid sizes!
Old 18 Apr 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2865551)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pit & Paddock

Well, I did Saturday only, so missed a lot of the racing. Anyway, herewith some P & P shots.
Attached Thumbnails
CTCRCSnet16Apr2011 005wb.jpg   CTCRCSnet16Apr2011 015wb.jpg   CTCRCSnet16Apr2011 019wb.jpg  

CTCRCSnet16Apr2011 024wb.jpg   CTCRCSnet16Apr2011 034wb.jpg   CTCRCSnet16Apr2011 041wb.jpg  

Old 18 Apr 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2865572)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks John nice one, shame you missed most of the action Sunday!
Old 18 Apr 2011, 10:46 (Ref:2865605)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Qualifying - Post Historic/Classic Group 1

Agreed Al, but time and cost and all that!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3549wb.jpg   IMG_3552wb.jpg   IMG_3558wb.jpg  

IMG_3565wb.jpg   IMG_3576wb.jpg   IMG_3594wb.jpg  

Old 18 Apr 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2865686)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Qualifying - Classic Thunder

A few!:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3636wb.jpg   IMG_3653wb.jpg   IMG_3663wb.jpg  

IMG_3675wb.jpg   IMG_3687wb.jpg   IMG_3700wb.jpg  

Old 18 Apr 2011, 15:24 (Ref:2865799)   #9
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
incar classic thunder Snetterton 300

Incar footage from first 3 laps of Race 1. Race 2 footage for the first lap and a quarter......seems the Censors missed my parting shot...lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZPueoXdfzM

Look out for Brian Cox on a premature charge at the start of race 2
Steady now....
Old 19 Apr 2011, 07:55 (Ref:2866280)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Joss, I'll slap your wrists next time I see you for starting a new thread with your in-car footage Only joking; it's good, but let's keep all the stuff from one meet in the same place!

Last edited by John Turner; 19 Apr 2011 at 08:18.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 08:52 (Ref:2866312)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Qualifying - Blue Oval Saloons

Some of the Fords:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3728wb.jpg   IMG_3750wb.jpg   IMG_3752wb.jpg  

IMG_3761wb.jpg   IMG_3765wb.jpg   IMG_3788wb.jpg  

Old 19 Apr 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2866571)   #12
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Joss, I'll slap your wrists next time I see you for starting a new thread with your in-car footage Only joking; it's good, but let's keep all the stuff from one meet in the same place!
Sorry Headmaster, you'll be getting that cane of yours out again I suppose
I have asumed the position in readiness for my 'punishment' anyway
Message noted and understood John. I will have to find new ways of getting myself back into your study
Old 20 Apr 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2866796)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Joss, I'm a little worried where this might be going, but I like your sense of humour!!
Old 22 Apr 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2868000)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 2 - Thermex Classic Saloon and Historic Touring Cars.

A 20 minute race for which 14 cars qualified but I'm not sure they all started; it was sadly a low number anyway. However, the race for the lead proved to be very much closer than expected as qualifying times suggested Roger Stanford would romp away in his Lotus Cortina (11). However, he was not able to quite match his qualifying times whereas Brian Stevens in his Lotus Cortina (25) significantly improved on his, posting fastest race lap and was pretty much glued to the back of Stanford's car at the fall of the flag. Steven Sprigg's Lotus Cortina was 3rd:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3977wb.jpg   IMG_3984wb.jpg   IMG_4008wb.jpg  

IMG_4046wb.jpg   IMG_4048wb.jpg   IMG_4057wb.jpg  

Old 22 Apr 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2868398)   #15
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 2 - Thermex Classic Saloon and Historic Touring Cars.

I watched this race from the entrance to Riches and the angles at which Phil Manser (No. 15 Mini) entered the corner in his battle with Steven Sprigg were amazing to watch. A fantastic battle (as was the first/second place contest) with Phil finishing 4th behind Steven in the end.
Old 23 Apr 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2868511)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 4 - Pre 93 Touring Cars

Yes, Manser's chase of Sprigg was good fun!

15 starters; 13 finishers for this 20 minute race. Be good to see the grids a bit larger (Al, do you think it will improve as the season wears on?). David Howard made a storming start in his Jaguar XJ12 (55) from the 4th row to be 4th at the end of lap 1. However, thereafter he fell back, clearly suffering some sort of mechanical malady, to finish last. Race order at the end followed qualifying times with Andy Davies winning in his E36 M3 (66) just clear of Lawrie Dunster's similar car (65) with Roger Stanford keeping Dunster very honest in his earlier E30 M3 (11):-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4185wb.jpg   IMG_4205wb.jpg   IMG_4222wb.jpg  

IMG_4261wb.jpg   IMG_4295wb.jpg   IMG_4301wb.jpg