Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Jun 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2490458)   #276
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
A belated thanks and well done to the team on Woodcote, the approach and inside too. Didn't have much to do until the last race with 2 incidents at the start.
Observant Post chiefs, eh? From the Inside, we pushed two cars into pits over the weekend - a Porsche (which we did at a fast trot) and then a big historic thingy (car 23 I think) which we did at a slower pace, having learnt from the Porsche - but it still did a bump start (and in so doing, nearly put my marshal buddy into the stratosphere as he got the exhauast in FULL stereo).

Was a cracking place to be for the GP
Old 25 Jun 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2490609)   #277
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel View Post
Observant Post chiefs, eh? From the Inside, we pushed two cars into pits over the weekend - a Porsche (which we did at a fast trot) and then a big historic thingy (car 23 I think) which we did at a slower pace, having learnt from the Porsche - but it still did a bump start (and in so doing, nearly put my marshal buddy into the stratosphere as he got the exhauast in FULL stereo).

Was a cracking place to be for the GP
you call that MUCH!!!
Old 26 Jun 2009, 08:53 (Ref:2490925)   #278
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
you call that MUCH!!!

The guys from Woodcote Inside also managed to have a "call of nature" break everytime the Santander girls were lined up ready to go on the grid
Old 26 Jun 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2490955)   #279
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
The guys from Woodcote Inside also managed to have a "call of nature" break everytime the Santander girls were lined up ready to go on the grid
Ah. That's why they were tired!!
Old 26 Jun 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2490993)   #280
b1gfrenchy
Rookie

England
Poole Darzit
b1gfrenchy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great time at Brooklands & got to meet the Stig along with the gridgirls for at least half an hour before they went trackside. The doctors looked lovely in their blue suits & yellow wellies, someone went over to them & said they looked like a bunch of #***ing Smurfs!
Old 26 Jun 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2490994)   #281
Ty Nicholson
Racer

Ty Nicholson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you all at next years 2nd Annual "Final F1 GP @ Silverstone" Meeting?
Old 26 Jun 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2491032)   #282
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Nicholson View Post
See you all at next years 2nd Annual "Final F1 GP @ Silverstone" Meeting?
Ah, explains it - a mistake on the advertising hordings. Apparently it should have been the Sinatra British GP, another farewell tour next year.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2491535)   #283
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Ah, explains it - a mistake on the advertising hordings. Apparently it should have been the Sinatra British GP, another farewell tour next year.
BRILLIANT!

Just as long as my Mum doesn't expect a reprise - I only took her this year 'cos it was the "last" and I don't want to have to save up for a repeat.

(And I still want my "cool" PieLady smilie back.........)
Old 29 Jun 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2493398)   #284
MrTT
Rookie

MrTT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
marshals raffle

Was there a marshals raffle and who won it?
Old 29 Jun 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2493417)   #285
Roger Lovelock
Racer

England
Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
Roger Lovelock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTT View Post
Was there a marshals raffle and who won it?
Yes there was a Marshals raffle and it was one by a Phil Rowlands a Paddock Marshal according to the letter from the MSA today. And I am only slightly envious of that aas he gets a trip to a European GP of hi next year.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2493917)   #286
ann1965
Rookie

England
Lincoln
ann1965 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Accident on campsite at GP

I was the passenger of the car that was hit as we left the marshals campsite after the GP.
I would like to thank everyone who was involved in getting me out safely. Sadly I can't remember names of those involved, I just remember the kindness and professionalism of everyone. Also a big thank you to the BRSCC team that took care of me and the nurses and doc's at the med centre prior to them sending me to hospital. Thankfully there were no broken bones just whiplash and back pain. Am off work for a couple of weeks and have had to cancel my next meeting but hope to be back for the F3's at Donnie.
Thanks again....
Old 30 Jun 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2493933)   #287
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nice to hear your ok....
Old 30 Jun 2009, 14:49 (Ref:2493942)   #288
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann1965 View Post
I was the passenger of the car that was hit as we left the marshals campsite after the GP.
I would like to thank everyone who was involved in getting me out safely. Sadly I can't remember names of those involved, I just remember the kindness and professionalism of everyone. Also a big thank you to the BRSCC team that took care of me and the nurses and doc's at the med centre prior to them sending me to hospital. Thankfully there were no broken bones just whiplash and back pain. Am off work for a couple of weeks and have had to cancel my next meeting but hope to be back for the F3's at Donnie.
Thanks again....
Good to hear you're OK, I've never seen so many Observers (sorry, Post Chiefs) in one place!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2493988)   #289
haystacks
Veteran

England
Sittingbourne Kent
haystacks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes thats right, we all filled in a report form.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2494010)   #290
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes Mini1400 and of course i missed it. (looking the other way)
Old 30 Jun 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2494070)   #291
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini1400 View Post
Good to hear you're OK, I've never seen so many Observers (sorry, Post Chiefs) in one place!
Also glad that you are OK Ann, I've never ever seen so many ambulances or police officers in one place! You even had the cycling paramedic!
Old 2 Jul 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2494986)   #292
ann1965
Rookie

England
Lincoln
Thanks guys.......sorry to have caused you so much paperwork.....had to keep you on your toes, you'd only have been wasting your time packing, drinking or having another BBQ!!!!!!
OMG so many men in uniform & I was in no state to enjoy it!!! Well I did get an off duty fireman to myself for a while so I can't really complain!!! If anyone knows who this was please let me know so that I can thank him personally.....now now watch those minds of yours....
Old 2 Jul 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2495018)   #293
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann1965 View Post
Well I did get an off duty fireman to myself for a while so I can't really complain!!! If anyone knows who this was please let me know so that I can thank him personally.....now now watch those minds of yours....
That would probably be Sean from the BARC NW Rescue crew (yes sorry not BRSCC!)
Old 2 Jul 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2495163)   #294
ann1965
Rookie

England
Lincoln
If it was Sean could you please thank him for me and if possible find out if he does Donnie at all so I could thank him personally.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2495195)   #295
Colin Whitter
Rookie

Colin Whitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ann
Glad to hear you are ok.
You did stop us from drinking, but thats not a bad thing.
Sean is one of my crew and I am glad that you "enjoyed" his company, unfortunately he is not doing the two meetings that we are at Donington, this weekend and the Super league event.
I will pass on your thanks
Colin
BARC Rescue Crew Chief
Old 3 Jul 2009, 07:53 (Ref:2495335)   #296
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They had a busy evening. I saw them stopped at another RTA on M6 on the way home. Looked like they were doing a professional job covering the incident. Well done, guys.

Just out of interest, how do you stand from an insurance point of view dealing with something away from a circuit?
Old 3 Jul 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2495348)   #297
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
Just out of interest, how do you stand from an insurance point of view dealing with something away from a circuit?
Normally First Aid and scene management only - no 'kit' to be used.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 22:02 (Ref:2495645)   #298
ann1965
Rookie

England
Lincoln
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whitter View Post
Ann
Glad to hear you are ok.
You did stop us from drinking, but thats not a bad thing.
Sean is one of my crew and I am glad that you "enjoyed" his company, unfortunately he is not doing the two meetings that we are at Donington, this weekend and the Super league event.
I will pass on your thanks
Colin
BARC Rescue Crew Chief
I would appreciate it if you could pass on my thanks. As I said in a previous post there were so many people there helping but I'm sure he is the gentleman who had to sort of 'straddle' over my lap to assist in getting me out and spent alot of time with me and for that reason his is the only face that I really remember. He is a credit to your crew.
Sorry I stopped you drinking, If it makes you feel any better I still haven't been able to have a drink since the accident due to the meds I'm on...trust me I will make up for it though..... I am due to do the Super League at Donington on 1st & 2nd August so I hope to meet you in person....
Thanks again
Ann