Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 1 Feb 2003, 20:35 (Ref:493188)   #1
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i need a new car, but what?

i am currently thinking about a change of car, but i am not sure what to get. i do have a short list though. pug 306, 1.6 1.8 or turbo diesel
newish astra 1.6 1.8 or diesel
ford focus
renault megane

as you can see i am not too sure, i am wavering towards the focus though. but i only have 6000 grand cash and a mondeo in part ex. so i reckon i have about 7500 to spend.
can anyone help?
Old 1 Feb 2003, 20:40 (Ref:493195)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
focuses are good, apparently.
good place to play is the renault site, they have a cool thing where you can work out if you can afford one of their gorgeous cars.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 21:10 (Ref:493211)   #3
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've heard lots of people say good things about the Focus, even the desiesle version. Cant comment on the others , exept to say I presume you're not talking about the new Megan
Old 1 Feb 2003, 21:11 (Ref:493212)   #4
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
they have a cool thing where you can work out if you can afford one of their gorgeous cars.
The man from Renault, He say "Non"
Old 1 Feb 2003, 21:28 (Ref:493230)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he say yes when dey are de renaultsport clio cup 172 bad ass job. mmm.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 22:37 (Ref:493271)   #6
daz90
Racer

England
England
not too sure about the renault i think that is my least favourite, thanks anyway...
my brother has a 306 1.6 but i have driven it a few times and it seems a bit guttless, so i think i would have too look at a turbo diesel, hopefully i will be able to find a decent focus or astra.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 22:39 (Ref:493272)   #7
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need to get them guys from wrong car, right car, to do the dealing. Yea! I want that Porche, I've got £6000 and a Mondeo to trade in. I want Road tax, full tank of fuel, carpets, my house re-decorated. Salesman eh ok, you then say I also want a packet of crisps, not the cheap supermarket one though.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 14:05 (Ref:493788)   #8
daz90
Racer

England
England
medler, i would'nt dare do what they do on wrong car right car, i would just push for the road tax and a service then walk away regretting not getting more.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 18:04 (Ref:493947)   #9
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Focus any day of the week.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 20:06 (Ref:502659)   #10
daz90
Racer

England
England
i think it is going to be the focus. i have seen a nice one that is for sale loccaly and reckon i might get a good deal. it is a 1.8 ghia, with aircon, always fancied a car with aircon.

thanks for the help.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 10:12 (Ref:503146)   #11
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have you thought about going up a size or two in vehicle? The market for anything bigger than a Mondeo or with an engine over 2000cc is such that you can get great value for money.

Last year I spent £9000 on a 4yr old Saab 9-5, it's got excellent leather seats, climate control etc. The 2.3 low-pressure turbo gives amazing mid-range grunt and I get 33mpg.

Much classier than a shopping car like a Focus.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 15:21 (Ref:503434)   #12
daz90
Racer

England
England
i cant say i have thought about moving up a size or two from the mondeo, mainly because i want to keep costs down, like insurance, petrol etc.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 15:35 (Ref:503442)   #13
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The petrol for bigger cars isn't too bad as the book figures suggest as you don't use all the performance for most of the time, whereas in smaller cars you have to thrash them to get upto speed. My 2.3 turbo Saab is more economical than the 1.6 Honda Civic I used to have.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 09:23 (Ref:513985)   #14
daz90
Racer

England
England
i got a decent deal on an astra the other deal the other day, from a local garage, its a 1.6 sxi on a T, very nice car in silver. i even got a good part exchange for the mondeo. and i have aircon, ah magic. thanks for all the help
Old 22 Feb 2003, 09:26 (Ref:513988)   #15
daz90
Racer

England
England
i got a decent deal on an astra the other deal the other day,

sorry that should have been i got a decent deal the other day. i typed it all out with out looking at it