Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 21 Mar 2007, 21:25 (Ref:1873404)   #1
pressdog
Rookie

pressdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisher confirmed for all street/road courses!

According to the Indy Star, Sarah is in for the street/road races too.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...RTS01/70321038
Old 22 Mar 2007, 00:00 (Ref:1873499)   #2
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I know that Sarah is not always highly regarded, but the fans love her and I think she is not a half bad shoe. I hope she does well this season.

It was a big mistake for the IRL to let her go a few seasons back. Hopefully this will be rectified with a place in a stable team for this and future seasons.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 22 Mar 2007, 07:07 (Ref:1873567)   #3
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't agree more John,
let's not forget that she was the only woman to get a pole position without shadows of possible favouritism...
Old 22 Mar 2007, 09:20 (Ref:1873635)   #4
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
And also that she was voted the IRL's Most Popular driver for a number of seasons, including one in which she only had a part-time ride, iirc.

In an era where putting butts in the seats is Job 1, it was a dumb move to let her go. Glad to see her back for her own sake and for the health of the series.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 22 Mar 2007, 16:52 (Ref:1873860)   #5
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fisher probably did get a bum rap, particularly if one compares to Danica and Legge. She's never going to be a Hornish or a Weldon, but she does have something to offer.
Old 22 Mar 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1873881)   #6
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somewhere alomg the line she seemed to lose her confidence. She would qualify well and then just fade. That was not the case early on.
Coming from sprint cars close racing should not have been a problem. Hopefully she has regained her confidence and they can give her a well set up car. I am a fan of hers but then with the exception of DP I am a fan of most women drivers. Maybe because I worked with one for 10 years. Then I married her!
Old 24 Mar 2007, 16:05 (Ref:1875092)   #7
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Sarah outqualifies the mighty DP. Keep it up Sarah!
Old 3 Apr 2007, 14:10 (Ref:1882727)   #8
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pressdog

Given her St. Pete result, she needn't have bothered. Started slow...then got slower.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 14:17 (Ref:1882730)   #9
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by pressdog

Given her St. Pete result, she needn't have bothered. Started slow...then got slower.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 16:24 (Ref:1882794)   #10
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Fisher Confirmed

I will admit I am a Sarah Fisher fan.
Do not forget she came from an dirt track oval background. She has never raced on an road course. She did not have a chance to test on a road course.
She did what she said she wanted to do. Bring the car home in one piece.
I must admit that she seemed to lose her confidence in her previous stint in Indy cars. She could qualify well but latterly couldn't run in traffic. Strange considering how close sprint cars run.
I think if she has the teams' support and faith in her engineer she will do well, especially on the ovals. Road courses ?
Old 3 Apr 2007, 21:19 (Ref:1882950)   #11
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin
I will admit I am a Sarah Fisher fan.
Do not forget she came from an dirt track oval background. She has never raced on an road course. She did not have a chance to test on a road course.
She did what she said she wanted to do. Bring the car home in one piece.
I must admit that she seemed to lose her confidence in her previous stint in Indy cars. She could qualify well but latterly couldn't run in traffic. Strange considering how close sprint cars run.
I think if she has the teams' support and faith in her engineer she will do well, especially on the ovals. Road courses ?
No disrespect intended.
I was deeply disappointed, as I view Sarah as a genuine 'racer' alternative to DP. Given her lack of street/road experience, they had SF test for over 80 laps on Friday/Saturday, to the point that she was physically exhausted. Her best times of the entire weekend were during the first hours on Friday. Her qual was dismal, the race worse. I hope she pulls it together. To satify me, she need only show gradual progress.