Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3909387)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
they shouldn't make fun of Mickey Mouse...Disney will sue!
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3909388)   #47
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Rich continue to make friends.

Attachment 53271
Their exchanges on twitter are definitely getting into the camp now!
Old 11 Jun 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3909408)   #48
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nobody is that stupid, this has to be a deliberate strategy
Well, they've got people talking about them... maybe they've seen that being an unmitigated a-hole gets results in the current world

I just don't see what the end game is to this marketing campaign
Old 11 Jun 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3909409)   #49
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Amazingly, no. It is their actual account.
Basically... they feel their back is up against the wall, so their strategy is to just swing harder at everyone.

Not that it's a good strategy. I am sure it makes them feel good and provides entertainment for everyone else. The should fire whoever is in charge of the social media accounts. Problem is... I wouldn't be surprised if it Storey himself.

Richard
Old 11 Jun 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3909410)   #50
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Well, they've got people talking about them... maybe they've seen that being an unmitigated a-hole gets results in the current world

So I apologize for the analogy (mods let me know if it is over the top)...

It's like someone is selling premium sterling silverware to high end clients. But your marketing campaign consists of showing photos of you shoving your wares up your bum hole. You get people talking, but is anyone going to buy?

Richard
Old 11 Jun 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3909425)   #51
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Is it a parody account?
Quote:
Amazingly, no. It is their actual account.
I believe the answer is yes, it is a parody account AND yes it is their account. And unlike other brands, IHOP(IHOB as they joked), Wendy's and some others, they were being serious about attacking others who might call them out. I think Haas has to be seriously reconsidering the branding, it can't be a good reflection on them being associated. My single Facebook post was not kept when I asked on a Hass posting about what the court judgement would mean for the colors and logo, I figure they don't really want the controversy there. But they took the money, hopefully ALL upfront.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3909433)   #52
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

I however CAN get the Bob Ross Energy Drink in the US. Haas should look into them as a new sponsor.

Richard
I can't believe this is real, and after looking ir up I can't believe how brilliant it is! It is actually Bob Ross Positive Energy Drink.

I bet it mixes well with rum, and enough will make you only see happy little clouds.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3909454)   #53
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Rich continue to make friends.

Attachment 53271
I just saw this and am blown away! Go after Harris, that will surely endear you to F1 and automotive fans.

Called him a hack today
Old 11 Jun 2019, 23:01 (Ref:3909459)   #54
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post

I don't think the end game involves making any actual energy drinks.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 23:31 (Ref:3909462)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I just saw this and am blown away! Go after Harris, that will surely endear you to F1 and automotive fans.

Called him a hack today
That's a couple tweets today attacking Top Gear and Harris, seems like a poor choice
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 02:21 (Ref:3909474)   #56
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
I wonder if there is an escape clause that allows Haas to keep its funding (assuming paid in advance) and to jettison Rich Energy due to damaging behavior? This is a serious question.

Haas has to be regretting its association with this circus.

Richard
Old 12 Jun 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3909493)   #57
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if there's more to this than meets the eye. Rich Energy aren't exactly making themselves popular with tweets like that
Old 12 Jun 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3909494)   #58
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder if there's more to this than meets the eye. Rich Energy aren't exactly making themselves popular with tweets like that
Their messaging can be described at best as 'mixed'.

On one hand, they are trying to position themselves as the plucky underdog who will ultimately prove successful against the might of others.
Hence the 'attacks' on apparently larger organisations such as Red Bull, BBC, The UK Crown.......
This fits in with aligning themselves to other less high profile brands - Haas, Ultima.....

But at the same time, they also claim to be a big player.
Hence the 'attacks' on those who they attempt to belittle such as Whyte, Harris etc. and boasting about being backers of F1.

Until they decide on a coherent marketing approach to align their company's ideals with, then their 'marketing' will continue to be haphazard and inconsistent.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3909787)   #59
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Until they decide on a coherent marketing approach to align their company's ideals with, then their 'marketing' will continue to be haphazard and inconsistent.
It almost feels like marketing geniuses think that it the same as guerrilla marketing and campaigns that go viral. You can't reproduce or force something that has little to no pattern and depends on the whim of random actors. Or you have to spend the money and have the dumbest profession ever of "influencers" constantly instfacechatting (to steal old guy cfb coachspeak) about you.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3909817)   #60
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
More media picking up on the social media circus on Twitter...

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/diver...est-reactions/

The "Fake Rich Energy" Twitter account might prove to be interesting.

Richard