Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 May 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3905529)   #1561
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Indeed. Be afraid, Be very afraid. Glad she's gone though. Amongst a bunch of liars and cheats she managed to outdo them all.
There was a time when I was a lot younger during which the concept of non-violent anarchy, were it possible, had some appeal as a means of shaking things up in the socio-political arena.

I fairly soon came to the conclusion that it would be interesting to watch from afar rather than be part of the (non?) process. ('Non' because I think by definitions 'anarchy' cannot be a process ...)

In recent times we have seen various parts of the world and some countries, near and far, head down the road that leads to anarchy with some going further along the journey than others.

I think there is a good chance we might get a first hand "Anarchy Experience" show ourselves in the next few months, possibly constrained to affect only the political bubble but it may extend into the public areas.

The potential seems to exist no matter which 'party leader' gains responsibility but could be much more instructive if it turns out to be Corbyn (long term) or Johnson in the short term. Or any of the other 'party leaders', IMO, over any term.

A suitable group of MEPs to stir things up for a few months in Europe whilst Italy and others grapple with their own forms of semi-anarchy.

Perhaps a sign of the times in which we live?

However, in the news today was a report I have yet to read fully about the UK needing to shift to a 9 hour working week to 'fight' Climate Change. I assume the disappearance of British Steel and its CO2 generating potential will not change those proposed numbers very much.

That sounds like an interesting concept and if implemented should leave a lot of impecunious people with a lot of unoccupied time. A great recipe for a period of anarchy!
Old 24 May 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3905533)   #1562
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
I find it really funny that those who are out protesting against climate change are also vociferous in their support of the steel workers. What pollutes more, my little car or the steel works?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 24 May 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3905536)   #1563
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I find it really funny that those who are out protesting against climate change are also vociferous in their support of the steel workers. What pollutes more, my little car or the steel works?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
By the same token I find it completely laughable that the banning of plastic straws for instance will supposedly have an influence on the climate. I have no idea of the numbers involved but compared to the level of world wide industrial pollution surely such an action pales into total insignificance? I recognise that we need to start somewhere but some of the suggestions are complete window dressing to please the green brigade it seems.
Old 24 May 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3905538)   #1564
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well everyone is warning us. Weíll still get those wanting to come here, as thereís still plenty in the country to make us happy

What were peopleís main reason for leaving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
By the same token I find it completely laughable that the banning of plastic straws for instance will supposedly have an influence on the climate. I have no idea of the numbers involved but compared to the level of world wide industrial pollution surely such an action pales into total insignificance? I recognise that we need to start somewhere but some of the suggestions are complete window dressing to please the green brigade it seems.
It's nothing to do with climate, banning plastic straws is to stop turtles snorting coke
Old 24 May 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3905539)   #1565
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Virtue gesturing.

I have come to wonder how much all of this anti-human negativity, especially when pushed in schools, affects the mental state of the kids who are in any case somewhat volatile at educational ages as their life experiences become 'meaningful' to them.

Teaching them that their elders forepersons have made bad decisions and should not be trusted is in some ways a catalyst for anarchy. After all, if, as a developing mind, you could to realise that all previous humanity has bee n on a path of getting everything wrong ... 'authority' becomes the enemy.

Or one might decide to save the planet by removing oneself from it.

Bullying is not new.

Online capable devices and social media are but they are easy targets and wonderful chaff to present as means of obscuring more fundamental causes that must not be brought to public attention.
Old 24 May 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3905541)   #1566
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
It's nothing to do with climate, banning plastic straws is to stop turtles snorting coke
You mean they make split instead of splash?
Old 24 May 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3905543)   #1567
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Love it!
Old 24 May 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3905569)   #1568
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
So thatís the second time in a row a tory PM has left office and now another can come in that hasnít been chosen by us the voters .
Just saw her resignation, never saw her more emotional.
Old 24 May 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3905590)   #1569
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So thatís the second time in a row a tory PM has left office and now another can come in that hasnít been chosen by us the voters .
When was the last time voters chose a PM?

Last time I checked, you only voted for your local MP, not the PM.
Old 24 May 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3905592)   #1570
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So that’s the second time in a row a tory PM has left office and now another can come in that hasn’t been chosen by us the voters .

For balance, you need to remember that the last two times that Labour were in power, they also had a change of PMs during their stints. We had Callaghan who took over from Harold Wilson, and Gordon Brown who was given an unopposed coronation after Blair stepped down.

It is the way that it works in the UK; it is the political parties that chose their leaders who then assume the mantle of Prime Minister when their party holds the most seats in Parliament.
Old 25 May 2019, 12:31 (Ref:3905677)   #1571
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Letís just let Larry run number ten, canít do as bad as others that have been in there
Old 26 May 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3905821)   #1572
p261brm
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about all this ere politicking, all I know beer were 10d a pint in't club afor we joined EEC, Willsoon t' PM chap then said pund in't pocket still a pund ??? bout a year after we joined it were 2 bob, then wi out as much as a by your leave we joint EU, Gawd noes wot it is now, I stopped buying when it got t' 3 pund a pint or is it litre's?
Now there's Cromwell Corbyn.... No thank's Madame Le Guillotine a sure fire answer