Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Apr 2002, 07:28 (Ref:270054)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
ACO published the official prequals list

Check this URL :
http://www.lemans.org

In the news, you'll find the prequal official list (Ayse, it will help you to update your own list)

Surprise : the Ferrari is not in the reserve cars list !
Old 25 Apr 2002, 08:17 (Ref:270075)   #2
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Prodrive withdrew their second entry (the one on the reserve list) to concentrate on the one entry whilst keeping up their support of their customer cars in the FIA-GT championships.
Shame though.
Old 25 Apr 2002, 08:22 (Ref:270080)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
It will definitely be tough for the last Maranello !

And we only have Porsche as reserve cars now
Old 26 Apr 2002, 18:08 (Ref:271526)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for pointing this out Fab. I've already updated my list once today, so I'm off to do it again!!
Old 26 Apr 2002, 20:03 (Ref:271605)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not invite the Ascari as another reserve? BTW Its ridiculous that there are so many reserve Porsches, give us more frontrunners pleeeease!!!!

Oh I forgot, we don't get listened to these days...
Old 26 Apr 2002, 23:10 (Ref:271747)   #6
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More LMPs, less GTs - that's what I want to see.

And roofed cars, s'il vous plaƮt.
Old 27 Apr 2002, 07:14 (Ref:271889)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I'm agree with you indeed, Paul and Muzza, but the problem is there's not so much good candidates in the frontrunner' list that had the ACO, and even when there qualified, they withdraw !

I love to see wide battles between frontrunners, but the charm of Le Mans is to see equilibrated categories... for me, I'd love to have lots of different cars in GT categories (pity that the Callaway was not qualified, for exemple...).

And I bet on LMP 675 for the future : if the new rules keep them and allow them to have really competitive cars (as MG).

The MG's are really the most surprising... surprise we had for a long time... it's a real different approach of this race...

Pescarolo said last week hat it was more and more difficult to maintain the presence at Le Mans : to exepensive for just one race, and a junk championship interresting nobody (I mean nobody of the wide public and TV, the question is not to interrest the fans : they are already interrested...).

He was scared for the future : a real risk again to go back to 92', if ACO doesn't manage the whole thing (LM and the championship...). And Ferrari try to spoil the stuff, in having only one kind of engine ( a 3.5 atmo), as in 92'... really, it's not done, pales !

Last edited by Fab; 27 Apr 2002 at 07:14.
Old 27 Apr 2002, 07:31 (Ref:271890)   #8
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
championship? are you refering to the fia scc, alms, or?
Old 28 Apr 2002, 11:07 (Ref:272238)   #9
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not a big fan of a class containing all the same car, i.e. the GT3 Porsches. However, in the last two years the GT class battle has been by far the most interesting and closely fought. Mr. Babini being involved on both occasions.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 05:57 (Ref:272935)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
championship? are you refering to the fia scc, alms, or?
Henri is refering to the FIA SCC indeed... and that's the problem !
Old 29 Apr 2002, 06:05 (Ref:272938)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The new picture of PQ is on ACO site : check (always the same adress !) :

http://www.lemans.org/

Nice view, isn't it ? But not too realistic : I think the side by side position under the Dunlop bridge is not possible any more (if the cars are really racing...).

Bentley is definitely the star of those years : already on the last year picture...

Last edited by Fab; 29 Apr 2002 at 06:07.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 07:12 (Ref:272970)   #12
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the webcam is still broken!

Unless of course time is standing still in Le Mans, and it has been foggy for a fortnight. Nothing would surprise me.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 07:25 (Ref:272980)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

The Webcam is of 'cause works are still in progress on the top of ACO building...

And I'd love that time could stand at Le Mans !
Old 29 Apr 2002, 07:31 (Ref:272985)   #14
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
The Webcam is of 'cause works are still in progress on the top of ACO building...
That's what I had assumed. I don't suppose it's a priority to get it fixed.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 07:32 (Ref:272987)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
I don't suppose it's a priority to get it fixed.
I don't suppose public is the priority of ACO either...
Old 29 Apr 2002, 07:33 (Ref:272990)   #16
Es Nes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

Henri is refering to the FIA SCC indeed... and that's the problem !
isnt the fia scc main problem lack of tv coverage? i would think lemans/alms would be facing mroe troubles money wise than fia scc? ive always thought of scc as grand-am with tech or do the chasis manufactors not have to sell their cars at no more than a certain price anymore?
Old 29 Apr 2002, 07:39 (Ref:272992)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The question of the rules is really a problem to attract several good teams with good cars... if the races are interresting, TV goes to those races at the end... Eurosport coverage was less bad that what I thought initialy...

And french Tv showed few minutes of the le Castelet tests of last week, sunday morning : Pesca Courage, Dallara Judd and Bentley... trumendous cars, seemed really fast !

So lack of TV coverage is a problem, but the main one is the lack of cars...
Old 29 Apr 2002, 07:53 (Ref:272999)   #18
Es Nes
Veteran

purhapes both lack of cars and lack of money would be solved if LeMans became part of the fia scc

nah, then siome teams would only show up for lemans and not do the series, might get more attention to the series though. forcing teams to compete in a series would scare of manufactors like bentley and toyota and smaller teams like wr probably wouldnt have the money to run :\

some of the spouncers in f1 should see how boring the racing is there and support sportscar racing

an off-topic interesting note, i recently noticed one of joest main spouncers stoped spouncering jordan recently
Old 29 Apr 2002, 09:53 (Ref:273071)   #19
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone know if Radio Le Mans will be on air on Sunday ? The last couple of years it had been live on the net
Old 29 Apr 2002, 11:32 (Ref:273154)   #20
FG1
Veteran

Their Website says they will be on the Net, but I don't know if they will be on the radio at the circuit. I thought I read somewhere that they won't be.

FG
Old 29 Apr 2002, 18:26 (Ref:273503)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Does anyone know if Radio Le Mans will be on air on Sunday ? The last couple of years it had been live on the net
I answered this one a few weeks ago on another thread......

According to my Radio Le Mans buddy, Paul Truswell, as far as he is aware, there are no plans for RLM to cover the Test Day.

They will of course be there in force for the race week!
Old 30 Apr 2002, 05:57 (Ref:273932)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Sorry, but RLM will work.. in french !

No news about the net... I'll be on the track