Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Feb 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3020481)   #51
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why Aston Martin is not able to score points in the GTE Manufactures Cup?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3020483)   #52
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Why Aston Martin is not able to score points in the GTE Manufactures Cup?
Because they haven't paid the fee for subscribing to the classification there.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3020485)   #53
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would appear the 2nd Lotus entry was one of those turned away. I wonder if this puts the Lotus P2 programme in jeopardy?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3020490)   #54
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Because they haven't paid the fee for subscribing to the classification there.
What's the point of signing up for a full season, and not fighting for the GTE World Cup? *

* I'm assuming that the Manufacturers’ World Endurance Champion is reserved to LMP1 only. Here's the reminder of the titles/awards up for grabs:

- Manufacturers’ World Endurance Champion
- Drivers’ World Endurance Champion
- GTE World Cup Pro
- FIA LM P2 Trophy
- FIA GTE Am Trophy
- FIA Trophy for the best private team.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3020491)   #55
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question... why on the ACO list is the Lotus LMP2 WEC entry listed as... German? Kolles is Romanian...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3020492)   #56
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
It would appear the 2nd Lotus entry was one of those turned away. I wonder if this puts the Lotus P2 programme in jeopardy?
I still don't understand fully why they turned down WEC entries at all.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3020497)   #57
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I still don't understand fully why they turned down WEC entries at all.
I think they still wanted to have Auto invites left for deserving non-WEC teams.

Am I the only one that's underwhelmed by the GTE-Pro entry?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3020498)   #58
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Hard View Post
Question... why on the ACO list is the Lotus LMP2 WEC entry listed as... German? Kolles is Romanian...
The team is based in Germany
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3020499)   #59
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Hard View Post
Kolles may be Romanian-born, but for all intents and purposes he is German. And the entry is based on where the team is licensed.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3020514)   #60
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the country that licensed is reported. Last year at example treluyer in 24h of le mans was reported as japanese because he ran with japanese license or something like that.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3020590)   #61
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
No, I do find it quite disappointing as well, but at least we have ALMS and ELMS to turn up to. Well ALMS at least.

Also, no Manthey for either wec or lm...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3020721)   #62
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm underwhelmed by most of the entry list, but yeah, I think we kind of saw the somewhat empty GTE-Pro entry list coming for a few months now. There has been very little noise about that class in Europe. I'm not shocked at all about the uneven class distribution for Le Mans. Again, we all kind of saw that coming. Yeah, it's the most disappointing Le Mans entry list in quite some time as far as I'm concerned. There could still be some good racing in the pro classes especially if Toyota brings their A-game and/or if Audi slips again.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 22:51 (Ref:3020728)   #63
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTE field is a little underwhelming. There's still potential for the grid to be more competitive than in 2011.

I'm more surprised about the fact there's only two OAK cars (in total) and, one AMR in GTE. I'm aware the list was capped at 30 entries - and this is the full-season list.
It seems strange, though.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3020731)   #64
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I'd assume that there's gonna be one-off-entries at the European races so that might make things a bit more bearable, and of course there's the full ALMS-field at Sebring.

But the 'World Tour' part at the back end of the schedule will probably not see more than those 30 cars.

Any word on if they will again allow GTC's in Asia or perhaps also Brazil?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3020732)   #65
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Yeah, it's the most disappointing Le Mans entry list in quite some time as far as I'm concerned.
The absence of Peugeot aside, I can't say I agree at all. GT-Pro is depleted by a couple of cars but I think there will be close battles up and down the field. Maybe I'm biased because I'm paying to attend it but it's more than I could have hoped for a couple of weeks ago.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3020733)   #66
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think the rules allow for anything of interest to enter the race. To that extent, probably so. You're right about guest runs during the European rounds. Well, we know Spa will be pretty full as it is. I do wonder how many teams will vanish during the 2nd half of the season. The schedule during that part is very tough even for the well-run teams.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3020734)   #67
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
I think the rules allow for anything of interest to enter the race. To that extent, probably so. You're right about guest runs during the European rounds. Well, we know Spa will be pretty full as it is. I do wonder how many teams will vanish during the 2nd half of the season. The schedule during that part is very tough even for the well-run teams.
There are some pretty steep fines for skipping rounds though, IIRC.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 23:10 (Ref:3020742)   #68
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The absence of Peugeot aside, I can't say I agree at all. GT-Pro is depleted by a couple of cars but I think there will be close battles up and down the field. Maybe I'm biased because I'm paying to attend it but it's more than I could have hoped for a couple of weeks ago.
The abundance of Pro-Am type entries (and the Wang) do not excite me much. I used to like P2, but it's starting to look like a LMPC type class with different looking cars. That's just my take on it and I'm sure others will disagree. The Am drivers and possibility of BoP (plus questionable regs on top of that) kind of make the class kind of blah to me. GTE-Am, again, that does nothing for me really. The Pescarolo Dome news was certainly a shocker and the presence of the HPDs will be a boost to the P1 lineup, but I don't think Toyota can provide the excitement that Peugeot did last year. I could be wrong, but I'm not going to count on that at the moment.

Quote:
There are some pretty steep fines for skipping rounds though, IIRC.
Yeah, but those fines might still be less than the cost of traveling to these races and doing another enduro. The biggest factor, of course, will be that teams may not get invited again if they stop showing up. With pay drivers, however, they can just change teams in 2013 and save the money of having to pay their 2012 team for the second half of the schedule. I'm guessing the ACO is looking more at which teams have been loyal rather than which pay drivers have been loyal and it can be difficult to figure out which pay driver is going where.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3020743)   #69
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'd assume that there's gonna be one-off-entries at the European races so that might make things a bit more bearable, and of course there's the full ALMS-field at Sebring.

But the 'World Tour' part at the back end of the schedule will probably not see more than those 30 cars.

It seems odd they'd deny full-season entries to teams that had previously confirmed their intention to field two cars (e.g. SignaTech, OAK).
Are additional entries (e.g. non-full season) still eligible to score points for the teams/drivers championships?

Both SignaTech entries are listed as WEC entries on the LM24 entry list...

Edit:
The regulations specify GT3 cars are eligible for inclusion at rounds outside LM. Guess it just depends on whether there's a sufficient volume of ACO entries attending.
The ACO must be banking on receiving several additional, non-full season entries yet.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 2 Feb 2012 at 23:22.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3020745)   #70
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
I used to like P2, but it's starting to look like a LMPC type class with different looking cars. That's just my take on it and I'm sure others will disagree. The Am drivers and possibility of BoP (plus questionable regs on top of that) kind of make the class kind of blah to me. GTE-Am, again, that does nothing for me really.
P2 is the new DP....
Old 2 Feb 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3020751)   #71
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
P2 is the new DP....
Bingo. Well, except that the DPs now look better than most of the P2 cars. What a bizarro world we live in!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3020789)   #72
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
It seems odd they'd deny full-season entries to teams that had previously confirmed their intention to field two cars (e.g. SignaTech, OAK).
Are additional entries (e.g. non-full season) still eligible to score points for the teams/drivers championships?

Both SignaTech entries are listed as WEC entries on the LM24 entry list...
Does makes it seem like it might be the case that either Signatech car is eligible to score points for the team championship in the WEC if it is the best-finishing team car at LM. I don't really know why that would be, because it would give a big advantage to teams granted second entries at some races on a discretionary basis.

Makes me wonder whether Signatech applied for 2 entries to the WEC though. If they did, granting two to Gulf and 1 to your defending champion seems sketchy!

Last edited by cmk; 3 Feb 2012 at 00:33.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 04:28 (Ref:3020841)   #73
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Bingo. Well, except that the DPs now look better than most of the P2 cars. What a bizarro world we live in!
What??? Have you seem the 2 in person? DP's look like upside-down hot tubs.
P2's are carbon fibre monocoques, real Le Mans cars - not tube framers from the 80's...
Old 3 Feb 2012, 04:57 (Ref:3020850)   #74
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in DP aren't used '80 tubs (the lola DP use a similiar tub used in their lola lmp coupè cars) but modern tubs with the "green zone" structure! that to DP1 and DP2 gave that shape of hot tubs, luckly new regulamentation DP3 reduced the green zone giving also an intersting design to bodykits. But for sure a DP3 can't generate even the half of downforce of a lmp2 and even if their engine is a bit more powerfull, i'm sure that an lmp2 may run at daytona in 1.30 or less. Actualy in my opinion the best DP3 is just 2 o max 3 seconds faster than a gt3 car.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3020853)   #75
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
What??? Have you seem the 2 in person? DP's look like upside-down hot tubs.
P2's are carbon fibre monocoques, real Le Mans cars - not tube framers from the 80's...
I have not seen the new DPs in person. Still...

vs.

(this one does not even have the BHHs)

Um, yeah, the DP looks better. As far as the technology goes, we're talking about LMP2. Most of the cars are pretty ancient designs anyway. P2 may not have spec tires by rule, but it may end up that way in practice. DP rules may be BoPtastic, but P2 could end up that way as well. At least Grand-Am probably won't screw up the regulations for turbo cars like how the ACO has done in P2.