Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who will win the 6hr Spa overall?
Toyota #7 4 28.57%
Toyota #8 7 50.00%
Toyota #9 0 0%
Porsche #1 2 14.29%
Porsche #2 1 7.14%
Other (please specificy) 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 May 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3732869)   #251
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
Again some nice visual statistics from GT-Eins

We can clearly see the diference between #7 and #8 Toyota, it also shows Kunimoto under performing. We can observe similar with Porsche #2 being faster than #1.
Really interesting to see the differences in performance within the #9 car. Lapierre and Sarrazin were in the ballpark of the other two cars, but Kunimoto did indeed struggle to match the ultimate pace.
Old 11 May 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3732887)   #252
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
He really struggled in the double stint. His laps were a second or two on average slower than the other drivers in the car. I think he'll get more time in the car at the test day and race week to get that traffic experience. And Le Mans is a track where you can get away with traffic issues thanks to the straights.
Old 12 May 2017, 07:43 (Ref:3732928)   #253
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And what about Lopez, we haven't seen much racing from him.
Old 12 May 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3732969)   #254
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Certainly tough times for the Toyota rookies. Not ideal ahead of the big one.

I remember Conway struggling quite a lot in his first few races. But it hit me during Spa. Is he now the best Toyota driver across the 6 full season seats?

Would be interested to know how people ranked them up. I didn't really pay sufficient attention at the back end of last year to make a call.
Old 12 May 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3732972)   #255
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Certainly tough times for the Toyota rookies. Not ideal ahead of the big one.

I remember Conway struggling quite a lot in his first few races. But it hit me during Spa. Is he now the best Toyota driver across the 6 full season seats?

Would be interested to know how people ranked them up. I didn't really pay sufficient attention at the back end of last year to make a call.
Personally I think Conway came of age at Le Mans last year where he took the lead in the opening stint and pulled away in tricky conditions.

Ranking all the Toyota drivers is a bit tricky. If you looked at the past couple of years you would say Buemi was probably all around the quickest and most decisive in traffic etc but I think Conway and Kobayashi are starting to remove that mantle from him. Certainly hearing a lot more flustered radio chat from Buemi than before.

Davidson I think is still plenty quick but has matured into more a team leader/senior drive role.

Nakajima I'm unsure of, hasn't looked quite the same in TS050 as the TS040 but might just be my observation.

Too early to say on Lopez, same with Kunimoto. Don't doubt both are more than capable race drivers. Good solid runs at Le Mans should give a much clearer idea of how they stack up.

Not surprised Sarrazin stepped down/moved/forced into the 3rd car as his pace definitely seemed to be lacking compared to the others. Bar occasions like Mexico when it started drizzling and he seemed to be very much in the groove.

Lappiere definitely still has speed but I still can't help but feel he's too erratic. The lock up at T1 at Spa nearly confirmed that. Hopefully he's got that out of the way before Le Mans.
Old 12 May 2017, 22:24 (Ref:3733078)   #256
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The #8 car hasn't had the speed of the #7, but that shouldn't be the case unless they missed something in the setup or their lineup doesn't jell in that area? As for Lopez, the two clean laps that he had in the car during the race at Silverstone were 1:42.3's His second which was the fastest lap at that same period of time, but he did have fresh tires.
Old 12 May 2017, 22:44 (Ref:3733080)   #257
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
As for Lopez, the two clean laps that he had in the car during the race at Silverstone were 1:42.3's His second which was the fastest lap at that same period of time, but he did have fresh tires.
Not a great sample size haha. I'm sure he'll be very impressive. Toyota really need him to hit the ground running next month.
Old 12 May 2017, 23:44 (Ref:3733091)   #258
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not a great sample size haha. I'm sure he'll be very impressive. Toyota really need him to hit the ground running next month.
I'm more worried about Kunimoto Maybe there's still time to switch him with Hirakawa
Old 13 May 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3733200)   #259
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I remember some rumours back at the very start of the programme that Ishiura got pushed aside because his pace wasn't there.

He had a back issue so pulled out of Le Mans, but never got another shot in the car from what I can see.

https://www.racingbytmg.com/ishiura-...-8-at-le-mans/
Old 29 May 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3737223)   #260
TF110
Veteran

United States
Qualifying and Race replays are up on youtube!