Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Aug 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4065713)   #226
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I thought Merc instructed Aston not to provide a fuel sample to give Hamilton the points. The appeal is just to divert suspicion.
Don't be silly, it was to give Williams more points. That's the most important thing. I'll get my coat now...
Old 7 Aug 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4065717)   #227
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I have heard the 1st 6 cars are to be DQ-ed due to irregularities and latify given 5 second penalty, promoting Gorgeoous George to first and giving team W a 1-2

Of course it could be just a rumour that I have just started
Old 10 Aug 2021, 08:54 (Ref:4066099)   #228
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aston Martin's bid to appeal Vettel's DQ fails at the FIA.
Old 10 Aug 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4066139)   #229
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Aston were a bit unlucky considering the data they were getting them told them they would have enough fuel
Old 10 Aug 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4066148)   #230
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Aston were a bit unlucky considering the data they were getting them told them they would have enough fuel
Thats motor racing, unlucky when an engine handgrenades because a mechanic missed something or a part was faulty, unlucky when a pit goes wrong because a wheel wont go on. unlucky when a tyre lets go because of a mistake in pirelli factory, unlucky when another driver loses it and slams into you.

the data was wrong because some sensor or program made by a team member or partner was faulty or the team member responsible misinterpreted the numbers. it wasnt bad luck, it was a mistake by someone, and mistakes cost results
Old 10 Aug 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4066150)   #231
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They knew how much fuel they put in. They knew how much the ECU/injector system said it pumped into the engine. A - B should equal enough for the sample. They assumed a lift pump was failing and unable to extract the required amount from the tank. This logic worked assuming there was nowhere else for the fuel to go. However...

Apparently, to prevent cavitation within the lift pump inside the fuel cell, they slightly overpressure the fuel cell via an air pump. That air pump was creating more pressure than needed and was blowing fuel overboard through a pressure release valve on the fuel cell. So there was no extra fuel left in the fuel cell to extract. I assume if the problem had been worse, the car would have mysteriously and unexpectedly run out of fuel before the end of the race!

Richard