Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Jul 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4064035)   #76
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Weather should be much better tomorrow and Sunday.
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2021-07-31
As said above, well done by the brave marshals and all the staff this day had not been particularly pleasant I fear.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4064044)   #77
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of those days - rain, wind, heavy rain, blue sky, rain again. Had already decided to concentrate on paddock and pits so went equipped with a 24-120mm zoom which 'as any fule now' is not normally a Silverstone lens ! Will post some on Flickr in due course; just drying put, re-charging camera battery and will be good to go in the morning.
Tomorrow - might find a grandstand and actually watch some racing or perhaps the pull of the big zoom will win over ...
Old 30 Jul 2021, 22:50 (Ref:4064064)   #78
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some cracking lock correcting going on in most categories today! The exit of Copse seemed quite challenging for most cars!

Huge fields in most of the races. Absolute joy to behold.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 06:07 (Ref:4064091)   #79
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
One of those days - rain, wind, heavy rain, blue sky, rain again. Had already decided to concentrate on paddock and pits so went equipped with a 24-120mm zoom which 'as any fule now' is not normally a Silverstone lens ! Will post some on Flickr in due course; just drying put, re-charging camera battery and will be good to go in the morning.
Tomorrow - might find a grandstand and actually watch some racing or perhaps the pull of the big zoom will win over ...
As promised, a selection from Friday - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWiuu3w
Old 31 Jul 2021, 07:55 (Ref:4064094)   #80
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NEW LINK for Day 2 , just started . Seems a bit less wet. F Juniors about to go out.

https://youtu.be/766kJj5G46U
Old 31 Jul 2021, 08:27 (Ref:4064097)   #81
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decent first race for the FJs, quite entertaining at the front.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4064114)   #82
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shame the F2 race suffered a last lap red flag robbing us of a brilliant 3 car dice for the lead. Great race though.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4064229)   #83
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Watta hairy pre 66 race!
Old 1 Aug 2021, 06:49 (Ref:4064378)   #84
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's 0750 and I'm walking down to the Wing. The first racing car we see driving up the link road is the Canary with Mike Jordan at the wheel. Happy days!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Aug 2021, 07:45 (Ref:4064387)   #85
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
New link for day 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofpSdX55Ac
Starting soon.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 10:07 (Ref:4064417)   #86
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Right example of what should not be tolerated, a black car running with no headlamps, no wiper, no rain light all that with a poring rain hence a lot of mist inside the cockpit. Should have been black flagged quickly IMO.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4064420)   #87
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were many cars running with no lights in the worst of the weather, and track limits were widely ignored, not just in the wet. But the racing I saw was otherwise commendably clean and respectful. Off to a local event today so saving the Classic streaming & GP for a long evening's entertainment
Old 1 Aug 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4064433)   #88
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
There were many cars running with no lights in the worst of the weather, and track limits were widely ignored, not just in the wet.
After what happened at Brands Hatch yesterday I wonder if we might see a crackdown on driving standards in club racing.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 11:40 (Ref:4064438)   #89
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doubtful, the MSUK licenced some of us years ago as DSO's but nothing ever came of it. All Clerks can be DSO's but again, rarely ever happens.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 11:40 (Ref:4064439)   #90
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Pre War race
Three wide into Copse
Eff1 can’t do that!
Old 1 Aug 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4064442)   #91
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sat at a very damp Santa Pod - no wheels have turned today, just waiting for the final whistle to blow.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4064459)   #92
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Pre War race; Three wide into Copse. Eff1 can’t do that!
We know what happens when Eff1 tries with only two!
Yes those Pre War cars/drivers are fantastic. Did we see some wonders coming from your stable, John?
Old 1 Aug 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4064471)   #93
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It became too damp so now back home and editing photos. Felt strange not racing but at least I got to chat with Delta and Delta jr. Also watched some great racing yesterday and in appalling conditions today. I made a point of speaking tp any marshals I could to express my condolences for yesterday. It was announced that today's races were being run as tribute races for the lost marshal and family.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4064566)   #94
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Santa Pod:
First pair of cars on the Start Line, just under 6 hours late................
Old 1 Aug 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4064577)   #95
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
After what happened at Brands Hatch yesterday I wonder if we might see a crackdown on driving standards in club racing.
Having just seen and heard what happened I can only hope there are two people who will never be allowed on a race circuit ever again.

I know it's fun to drive but histrionics at Sillystone does not make great tv.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 14:49 (Ref:4064581)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What are you talking about?
Old 1 Aug 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4064613)   #97
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Having just seen and heard what happened I can only hope there are two people who will never be allowed on a race circuit ever again.
I'm not going to draw a straight line between the driving choices made in the race at Brands and the fatal accident - too many random variables. However, I do see too many drivers at club and historic meetings driving with what might charitably be described as a naive lack of understanding of the potential consequences of losing control of a ton or two of metal at speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I know it's fun to drive but histrionics at Sillystone does not make great tv.
I agree. Historics are much more fun live, when you can hear and smell the cars close-up, than on TV. Ironically I think the more you go up the motorsport ladder, the more it becomes better on TV than live.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4064664)   #98
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Sunday selection. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWjSUSj
Old 1 Aug 2021, 20:17 (Ref:4064677)   #99
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
DSC_8855 is a pure jewel, congrats! Thanks for sharing.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 20:34 (Ref:4064685)   #100
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
DSC_8855 is a pure jewel, congrats! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks - I was rather pleased with it !