Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Apr 2002, 16:20 (Ref:256571)   #1
louis
Rookie

louis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can anyone tell me what the Anglesey Circuit is like?

does any one have any knowledge about the anglesey circuit?
what the circuit or the place is like?
information on which is the best way to get there?
Old 10 Apr 2002, 18:06 (Ref:256630)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Re: can anyone tell me what the Anglesey Circuit is like?

Quote:
Originally posted by louis
does any one have any knowledge about the anglesey circuit?
what the circuit or the place is like?
information on which is the best way to get there?
It's a lovely little circuit. It's only about a mile long, but it's a very interesting mile! Think of it as a sort of mini-Cadwell & you'll get an idea of what it's like.

Facilities are very basic - no pit garages, etc., & catering is just a burger van sort of thing (excellent bacon butties!)......there's no bar

Although the facilities are basic, the toilets are clean & there's always a good supply of paper towels (unlike Mallory!), while the circuit staff are very friendly & helpful.

Spectator viewing looks good, although as I've only been there as a marshal, I've never actually stood in the speccie areas!

It's very easy to get to - just keep on the A55 until you see the brown tourist signs to the circuit, then it's about another 5 miles on the A4080. There's plenty of accomodation available around the circuit - it's only a couple of miles from Rhosneigr.

I've marshalled there for both cars & bikes & have yet to meet anybody, official, competitor or spectator, who didn't love the place. It's one of my favourite circuits.

The circuit has a website:

www.angleseycircuit.com
Old 15 Apr 2002, 17:58 (Ref:261321)   #3
jamesb
Rookie

jamesb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm very glad you asked this question Louis.
I was looking everywhere for the circuit phone number. Thanks for the link Dave.

John at Jedi thinks that going through Whichurch is a far quicker way of getting to anglesey, might be worth looking at on the route planner. Take extra weights if you have an awning, as it gets quite windy up there sometimes.
Old 22 Apr 2002, 15:32 (Ref:267459)   #4
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first corner is awesome, the chicane on top of the hill and back onto the start straight are big fun too.
Bloomin miles from anywhere though and can be incredibly windy and cold...
RickP
Old 23 Apr 2002, 11:52 (Ref:268337)   #5
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funnily enough I've not been to the Angelesey circuit - which is a bit embarrassing given that I spent much of my childhood on the island and most of my family still live there I can give excellent directions - A55 is by far the quickest way, although you can go A5 which takes you through all the Snowdonia mountain range and is very windy and narrow. Anglesey now has a brand new dual-carriageway running right alongside the old A5 (it's an extension of the A55). As soon as you get over the Britannia bridge (that's the newer one linking Anglesey to the mainland - it also holds the railway line) start checking for the turn which takes you to the circuit.

If it's accommodation you're after too, you can try the town of Bangor on the mainland (right on the Menai Straits), Llangefni which is dead-centre in the middle of the island - or you can head up to my residential area of the island on the northwest side and investigate the nice hotels/guesthouses in Valley ("my place"), Holyhead, Trearddur Bay area... those are quite nice.

If anybody wants more detailed directions PM or email me - I am a "resident" on the Island during the year when I get the chance go and see the relatives.

Incidentally I can verify that is is exceptionally windy there and it can be cold. But it does have summer (honest!) and Valley frequently is the place which clocks the most hours of sunshine.

Suzy