Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Feb 2000, 13:11 (Ref:3059)   #1
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the answer is yes - please help us out...

we are currently putting together the 10/10ths Track Guides and need input from anyone who has been to these circuits.

Please post under this topic in the Trackside forum.

Typically it's info like best place to stand, bar and catering facilities etc.

Regards
Andy H

Old 22 Feb 2000, 13:28 (Ref:3060)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Andy,

I gave you the starter for ten on Cadwell some time ago. Can you use that and then I will expand? mail me.

Its a long time since I've been to Pembrey so my info will be out of date. Yelwoci and Chris G have been there recently so give them a nudge.
Old 28 Feb 2000, 07:57 (Ref:3061)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I marshal at Cadwell a couple of times a year, and can give you a run down on what I think if you still need it...
Old 1 Mar 2000, 21:19 (Ref:3062)   #4
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK Andy - Here's some stuff.
As a club level competitor over the last few years I've raced at both circuits.
As a driver I can tell you in common with most circuits the worst place to watch from is going to be the paddock !! apart from Brands you can't see any circuits from where they like the drivers to spend the day, so a walk is often entailed, for that reason I never stray too far away - you never know when a sponser is going to appear out of nowhere - ha ha ha !!!
PEMBREY
Facilities here are good - good bar and restaurant at reasonable prices and it's always open the night before a meeting as well. (Nice for drivers and marshalls) Areas around the main paddock can get very muddy after some rain.
It's a pretty fast circuit, watching from the inside of the paddock you get a pretty good impression of the speed we're coming through Honda curve but you can't see much else. I usually watch from the banking on the exit of Spitfires hairpin, you can see the cars approaching and some heroic or lunatic "last of the late brakers" manouvres and then follow the cars through the esses after Spitfires and into the fast left handers.
CADWELL PARK
Don't know the long circuit at all (but will after 16th April - I hope !)
Facilities, they have a restaurant and bar near the paddock.
This is an old bike circuit so isn't very modern but has a lot of atmosphere. Its quite a long walk to get anywhere, (and pretty hilly so take your walking boots). I normally watch as the cars come down the hill which is the approach to the ridiculously tight hairpin on the short circuit or to the mountain on the long circuit. I believe the Mountain is the last place you can overtake before entering the woods and the cars often lift their front ends as they hit the crest - pretty entertaining from outside the car I expect - we'll have to see how "entertaining" it is inside the car !!!
Hope this ramble helps kick off these two circuit guides.
Old 2 Mar 2000, 00:37 (Ref:3063)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Tony,

You are right. Except you have to be brave to overtake between the Mountain and Shaws because.......... well I'll let you find out for yourself.

Get ahead of your opponent at the bottom of the mounain, stick to the middle of the track (just while protecting your line) and you will be ahaed coming out of Barn onto the start/finish straight.
Old 2 Mar 2000, 00:49 (Ref:3064)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the full Cadwell circuit is one of the most under-rated tracks in the country... what a mix!!!! Tight and twisty through the trees (Hall bends) which is about as wide as a country lane, then blast round the hill top part at full chat.. excellent. Worth the trip form Winchester.

Goose neck is perhaps one of finest, most difficult parts of circuit I've been to.

We always go to the 750 MC two day meeting (full grids and a good bunch). There is also excellent B+B's around, and Louth is'nt that bad... Just a shame its so far away.
Old 2 Mar 2000, 20:41 (Ref:3065)   #7
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the info guys I'll make sure it gets incorporated into the new guides.