Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Aug 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3921018)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1:48.7 for Cameron in the Acura!!!!! that is as fast as the R10 race lap record!
Old 3 Aug 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3921020)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great interview with Cameron after getting the pole, he didn't thank Acura or Penske, or any sponsors! It was pretty refreshing to be honest. He basically just said, yeah, I was good, and these cars are fun to drive.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3921021)   #28
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
1:48.7 for Cameron in the Acura!!!!! that is as fast as the R10 race lap record!

not a surprise!
R10 had 700hp but looking at that car with 2019 eyes, it was just a bodyworked rolling chassis almost without aero and with a huge torque!

DPi have much better and developed aero, better tires, better chassis etc...
a DPI would easily run in 3.21-3.22 at le mans.

As expected, despite bop changes, it remains a mazda vs acura challenge, cadillacs have just been pushed back for good
Old 3 Aug 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3921024)   #29
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
A

Wow the bmw m8 pole time is fast too. Entering alms lmpc and grand am dp lap times here.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3921025)   #30
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I don't think you can cross Cadillac out for the remainder of the season. I think they will be riding a BoP wave come Petit time.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 21:28 (Ref:3921038)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
not a surprise!
R10 had 700hp but looking at that car with 2019 eyes, it was just a bodyworked rolling chassis almost without aero and with a huge torque!

DPi have much better and developed aero, better tires, better chassis etc...
a DPI would easily run in 3.21-3.22 at le mans.

As expected, despite bop changes, it remains a mazda vs acura challenge, cadillacs have just been pushed back for good
Interesting hypothetical time... The slowed down lmp2's did a 1:52 flat. I think they'd be pretty close to dpi if they ran as-is and had more veteran teams running. That Audi 1:46.9 was 11 years ago Think how far we've come since then. I don't want to get caught up on fast laps, but it's taken a while to come back to where we were.

Hope for an interesting race. Usually this track doesn't disappoint but I really hope the Oreca Acura doesn't run and hide.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3921042)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Wow the bmw m8 pole time is fast too. Entering alms lmpc and grand am dp lap times here.
Oops, below the 50mm ride height limits and they were both sent to the rear. #4 Vette on pole with the #67 Ford alongside now
Old 3 Aug 2019, 23:11 (Ref:3921045)   #33
JoeF
Rookie

JoeF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The All-Time sportscar track record is actually qualifying 2008

Audi R10
1:46.935
Old 4 Aug 2019, 01:24 (Ref:3921053)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I don't think you can cross Cadillac out for the remainder of the season. I think they will be riding a BoP wave come Petit time.
I'm not sure why they haven't gotten it already. There are 3 or 4 teams running the cars this year, there can't be any type of across the board sandbagging, so what are imsa seeing in the data that says they should be kept so heavy? And I realize that the caddy's did well at the beginning of the last couple of seasons as well before the tracks began to favor the other cars. Is that still the case?
Old 4 Aug 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3921141)   #35
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I thing that I don't think has been mentioned yet, for those of us stateside the race won't be on TV live, but delayed untill later in the evening on nbcsports. You can stream it live on the nbcsports app however.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3921174)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fortunately I can live in the UK
Old 4 Aug 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3921206)   #37
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I'm surprised that they didn't just buy or rent another R8 to see if it's a problem with that particular car. You'd have to assume that there's some defect with that car or Starworks has badly missed the set up.
So despite having a five weeks break between WGI and RA when the team did a complete tear-down and rebuild of the car, since arriving at RA they have changed all the dampers, the engine and the gearbox, which itself was changed for the WGI race! I guess that ticks off all the boxes on the check-list of things to change! I wonder why the dampers wouldn't have been changed during the rebuild, as the team has plenty of setup data from having run the car here in PWC last year. The whole team must be totally frustrated, and surely it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug and buy a different car. Yet in other Blancpain Series around the world the Audi is still competitive, so I'm confused along with everyone.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3921208)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
So despite having a five weeks break between WGI and RA when the team did a complete tear-down and rebuild of the car, since arriving at RA they have changed all the dampers, the engine and the gearbox, which itself was changed for the WGI race! I guess that ticks off all the boxes on the check-list of things to change! I wonder why the dampers wouldn't have been changed during the rebuild, as the team has plenty of setup data from having run the car here in PWC last year. The whole team must be totally frustrated, and surely it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug and buy a different car. Yet in other Blancpain Series around the world the Audi is still competitive, so I'm confused along with everyone.
It seems everyone is, think that car is just cursed and hopefully someone bought it to collect and it can be parked and replaced. Although I'm thinking if it's parked the team might be as well.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3921270)   #39
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thing that I don't think has been mentioned yet, for those of us stateside the race won't be on TV live, but delayed untill later in the evening on nbcsports. You can stream it live on the nbcsports app however.
luck of u...

Fox Brazil won't show us the race and geo-blocked the race from web too...

what a service!!!
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3921309)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Jesus, it just took me 18 minutes to finally get the nbc stream to work. The app won't work for me, it crashes everytime i click on teh IMSA race and I had to switch to a second laptop to get the stream on the nbcsports website. It shouldn't be this hard. (that's what she said)
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3921310)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Streaming is up now on IMSA.tv. Not the greatest bitrate.

Warm up laps underway.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:38 (Ref:3921316)   #42
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Streaming is up now on IMSA.tv. Not the greatest bitrate.
Literally some pixels on the screen.

I think Acura jumped the start. One of the orange pixels did it.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:39 (Ref:3921317)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
NBC Sports bit rate way better...
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3921319)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
NBC Sports bit rate way better...
Lap 2 the stream died for me and decided to show a ford commercial instead. I'm having issues getting the RLM audio to stream as well. Maybe issues at the track?
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3921320)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My stream has stabilised. I'm a little disappointed. It looked like ISIs Sports Car GT. It was fun.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3921322)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Literally some pixels on the screen.

I think Acura jumped the start. One of the orange pixels did it.
ha! Well I've stopped racing it so you might get a few more pixels.

Turns out I can just simply watch NBC Sports as I am a Verizon customer. Nice. It is super shiny!

Quote:
Lap 2 the stream died for me and decided to show a ford commercial instead. I'm having issues getting the RLM audio to stream as well. Maybe issues at the track?
We had RLM for a bit then nothing as TV was on an ad (they didn't show on the stream just silent track action), not back with TV commentary.

I haven't considered getting RLM on separately. I might do that, John was in his element. Standing up for IMSA cars against those who don't think they are real race cars and talking about Jean-Paul Driot passing away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
My stream has stabilised. I'm a little disappointed. It looked like ISIs Sports Car GT. It was fun.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3921323)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It's a bit two-by-two in DPi, but close.

Lapping has started.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3921325)   #48
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
My beautiful DirecTV Now provider sign in screen, it's spectacular and user friendly isn't it?
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3921326)   #49
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
i found the imsaradio stream from imsa.com is stable, and on time vs the rlm.com stream. NBC sports website seems to be working better now too.

That was a lot of GTD cars getting caught up with the race leaders.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3921327)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
My beautiful DirecTV Now provider sign in screen, it's spectacular and user friendly isn't it? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...facf53fe55.jpg
Very minimalistic. Sometimes apps can be too cluttered.