Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Nov 2015, 18:45 (Ref:3594516)   #1
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aero: overtaking, laptimes and aero freedom

We have seen the latest 2017 technical regulations proposal trickle through.

To my disappointment it seems that laptimes and aero engineering freedom are being given prevalence over cars being able to follow each other therefore making proper racing almost impossible. I read Adrian Newey say that he doesn't like "GP1". I say screw that. The first and foremost priority should be cars being able to follow one another. All the rest is by the grace of this condition being met.

If they can come up with a set of regulation that allows cars to follow each other they can have all the aero engineering freedom and laptimes they want, but that condition must first be met. Not the other way around. Now they've completely rewriten the rules, reduced laptimes, maintained lot's of aero freedom and complexity, but oh yeah we forgot about overtaking, whoops. And let's not forgot that a lot of aero freedom and aero complexity leaves the door open to a lot of potential cost spiralling.

I hope they come to their senses, postpone the aero, chassis and PSU changes to 2018 and first come up with something that doesn't reduce racing to DRS-ing your way past people. Complete boredom that is.