Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jun 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2240682)   #1
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mid-Ohio Entries

The Mid-Ohio Entry list is up http://www.americanlemans.com/Events...try%20List.pdf

P1
1 Audi Sport North America Audi R10 TDI (Capello, Pirro)
2 Audi Sport North America Audi R10 TDI (Luhr, Werner)
06 Team Cytosport Lola B07/17 Judd (Graff, Pickett)*
12 Autocon Racing Creation CA07-002 Judd (McMurry, Wilman)
30 Intersport Racing Lola B06/10 E85 AER (Lewis, Faulkner)
37 Intersport Racing Lola B06/10 E85 AER (Berry, Field, Field)

P2
6 Penske Racing Porsche RS Spyder EVO (Long, Maassen)
7 Penske Racing Porsche RS Spyder EVO (Dumas, Bernhard)
8 BK Motorsports Lola B07/46 Mazda (Bonilla, Devlin)
9 Highcroft Racing Acura ARX-01b (Brabham, Sharp)
15 Fernandez Racing Acura ARX-01b (Fernandez, Diaz)
16 Dyson Racing Porsche RS Spyder EVO (Dyson, Smith)
20 Dyson Racing Porsche RS Spyder EVO (Leitzinger, Franchitti)
26 Andretti Green Racing Acura ARX-01b (Montagny, Andretti)
66 de Ferran Motorsports Acura ARX-01b (de Ferran, Pagenaud)

GT1
3 Corvette Racing Corvette C6R (O'Connell, Magnussen)
4 Corvette Racing Corvette C6R (Gavin, Beretta)
008 Bell Motorsports Aston Martin DBR9 (Ducote, Borcheller)

GT2
5 Vici Racing Porsche 911 997 RSR (Swartzbaugh, Stanton)
007 Drayson-Barwell Aston Martin Vantage E85 (Drayson, Cocker)
11 Primetime Race Group Dodge Viper CC (Feinberg, Hall)
18 Vici Racing Porsche 911 997 RSR (Pastorelli, Pastorelli, Carrapatoso)
21 Panoz Team PTG Panoz Esperante GT-LM (Milner, Sutherland)
40 Robertson Racing Ford GT-R (Robertson, Robertson, Murry)
44 Flying Lizards Motorsports Porsche 911 997 RSR (Law, Neiman)
45 Flying Lizards Motorsports Porsche 911 997 RSR (Bergmeister , Henzler)
46 Flying Lizards Motorsports Porsche 911 997 RSR (van Overbeek, Pilet)
48 Corsa Motorsports Ferrari F430 GT (Jeanette, Mowlem)
54 Black Swan Racing Ford GT-R (Pappas, Lazzaro)
61 Risi Competizione Ferrari F430 GT (Friesacher, Brix)
62 Risi Competizione Ferrari F430 GT (Melo, Salo)
71 Tafel Racing Ferrari F430 GT (Farnbacher, Muller)
73 Tafel Racing Ferrari F430 GT (Tafel, Figge)
87 Farnbacher Loles Porsche 911 997 RSR (Werner, Westbrook)

*Not on entry list but confirmed they would be there

P1: 6
P2: 9
GT1: 3
GT2: 16
Totals: 34

Last edited by aeroehl; 30 Jun 2008 at 18:44.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 19:19 (Ref:2240715)   #2
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice!
Old 30 Jun 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2240757)   #3
SMM
Rookie

United States
Jupiter, Florida
SMM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Cytosport confirmed they will be at Mid-Ohio? This article- http://www.trackbytes.com/feature-ne...ul-return.html -says Cytosport aims to be on the grid from Mid-Ohio onwards.

Last edited by SMM; 30 Jun 2008 at 19:50.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2240791)   #4
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope Cytosport will be there, who doesn't love the scream of the Judd V10 (yes the GV4 may have been better). Anyways, interesting to see that van der Steur isn't on the list (where have they gone???) and Autocon with the new CA07, which will be nice.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2240870)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally a decent looking grid for a regular ALMS round. Anyone know if the race is going to be on live on Motors TV?
Old 30 Jun 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2240887)   #6
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nope. Tape delay NBC Sunday the 20th and 2PM ET and Motors TV at 6PM on the 20th (I think thats BST not CET)
Old 30 Jun 2008, 23:51 (Ref:2241047)   #7
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alas, a whole lot of depth has not been added to the field, but the quality has always been there for the ALMS, and hopefully by the end of the year the count will top 35 and the car count whiners can be muzzled a bit.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 04:11 (Ref:2241091)   #8
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
People who whine about people who are not pleased with the low number of cars--greatly remind me of a certain knight from a Monty Python movie.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:05 (Ref:2241222)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Was that the Knights of "Nih" then Bob , or the one who got his head bitten off by a white rabid prehistoric man eating flying bunny ?
Old 1 Jul 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2241404)   #10
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
People who whine about people who are not pleased with the low number of cars--greatly remind me of a certain knight from a Monty Python movie.
Funny, I find that people who complain about car count do the same for me.

Chris
Old 1 Jul 2008, 15:59 (Ref:2241520)   #11
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz

Chris
Touche.

If it makes me a reactionary rather than a revolutionary, so be it. I guess Lenin will be disappointed with me.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2241604)   #12
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:

Chris
One big difference, those who do not like the car count, say it IS BAD, and cannot really get worse.

Those who whine that they say it is bad, are sitting there like the knight with no arms or legs shouting-- I've had worse!

The former has high expectations- the latter had very, very, very LOW expectations.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 00:28 (Ref:2241907)   #13
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose you're right. Touche sir. But I just get so fed up with people who complain about the low car count because it is irrelevant when it comes to the actual racing. Sure, 55 cars of ALMS quality would be awesome but 25 cars of ALMS quality is also awesome. I tend to find we're more positive in that aspect, we see the fantastic racing that the series provides and are thankful for it. We see those going on about how the poor car count sucks and react thinking that they're belittling the series for all the wrong reasons (i.e. number of cars plays no real role in quality of racing). Not to play into your hands, but 17 would be a problem, 25 is only a flesh wound.

Chris

Last edited by Jonerz; 2 Jul 2008 at 00:31.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2242350)   #14
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Filling up the field with entries below the level necessary to be competitive actually harms the series more than hurts. Some of the tracks are fairly congested with 25 cars and having too many hacks out of their league getting lapped is like a random risk generator that throws a spanner into the efforts of those actually prepared to race for wins. I would like 35+ cars but I remember what that was like at a place like Mosport when there were 10+ that should not have been there...
Old 2 Jul 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2242369)   #15
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Filling up the field with entries below the level necessary to be competitive actually harms the series more than hurts. Some of the tracks are fairly congested with 25 cars and having too many hacks out of their league getting lapped is like a random risk generator that throws a spanner into the efforts of those actually prepared to race for wins. I would like 35+ cars but I remember what that was like at a place like Mosport when there were 10+ that should not have been there...
In that case all but six cars should go home, if even that many.

They are supposed to be professionals, if traffic is a problem now then they are hack amateurs.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2242391)   #16
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*cough* Robertson *cough*

There are however exceptions to the rule. Teams like Autocon are known for being well off the pace, but they generally stay out of the way.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 21:49 (Ref:2242582)   #17
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
In that case all but six cars should go home, if even that many.

They are supposed to be professionals, if traffic is a problem now then they are hack amateurs.
Are you kidding? 6 cars? Anyone who watches the ALMS knows this is rubbish. Add another 10+ and you're more on the ball, all 4 classes included. Really there are 10 protos driven nearly all-pro and fielded by top squads.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 22:32 (Ref:2242629)   #18
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Are you kidding? 6 cars? Anyone who watches the ALMS knows this is rubbish. Add another 10+ and you're more on the ball, all 4 classes included. Really there are 10 protos driven nearly all-pro and fielded by top squads.
The Audi, Penske Porsche, are the only cars that do not get in the way of each other.
IF passing slow cars is problem then getting rid of the GT1 and GT2 classes also makes sense.

Slower cars getting in the way is a/the problem. The same cars over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again is what those who take issue with the car count have a problem with.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2242630)   #19
908-HDI
Rookie

908-HDI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I assume you're referring to the P1-class, which is in reality only 2 cars racing - both are Audis. The other P1 petrol cars are there merely to provide something for the P2 cars to lap. So the only real racing in P1 is between the petrol cars fighting for that final podium place.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2242637)   #20
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
The one thing I explicitly did not refer to was P1. '4 classes' refers, shockingly, to 4 classes, and 'protos' refers to prototype cars of any class. There are 2 Audis, 2 Penskes (yes, Bob, the best of the best for sure), 4 Acuras and 2 Dyson Porsches. The last 2 can be debated, I concede, but note their Sebring performance. 10 protos. Not all keep their noses sufficiently clean, but none of them are Richard Berry either. That's what I'm afraid of being used to make the car count 'suitable'.

Bob, I presume you ignore the GT classes. Corvette may not have competition, but you best believe they are a top operation with great pilots. In GT2, yes, there's a bit of rubbing as racing, but I don't think they should be discounted, though I guess for the lover of the big and flashy they could be considered timid. Great scrapping, though, and the squads of #45 and #71 great pairings, among others.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2242645)   #21
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Bob are you serious? Six cars?! Give me a break, yes traffic is important but competent Prototype drivers passing competent GT2 drivers is what should be expected of a series that dare I say it is working it's way towards F1 caliber. Leave the amateur drivers in series more geared towards the amateur!

Chris

Last edited by Jonerz; 2 Jul 2008 at 22:54.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2242656)   #22
908-HDI
Rookie

908-HDI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bob are you serious? Six cars?! Give me a break, yes traffic is important but competent Prototype drivers passing competent GT2 drivers is what should be expected of a series that dare I say it is working it's way towards F1 caliber. Leave the amateur drivers in series more geared towards the amateur!

Chris
Am I the only one who sensed Bob's sarcasm in that "6 cars" comment?

IMO the only car that really shouldn't be there is that lone Dodge Viper in the GT2-class. That car (or maybe the drivers or combination of everything) was so pathetically pedestrian that it borders on being a dangerous pylon for all other cars to contend with.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 23:11 (Ref:2242665)   #23
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Yeah, I detected it. But a majority of the grid is worthy of it's place in the ALMS so it got me in all the wrong places.

Chris
Old 2 Jul 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2242666)   #24
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Especially when they get around to putting ~35 cars around Belle Isle come Labor Day Saturday.

And yes, except perhaps for a couple of the GT2 cars, I don't have any problem with any of the cars/drivers on the grid, though we will have to see how the Intersport #30 goes come Mid Ohio.

Last edited by Purist; 2 Jul 2008 at 23:15.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 23:16 (Ref:2242669)   #25
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
I agree purist. Thirty five professional teams around Belle Isle, or most street courses is gonna be hard, perhaps qualifying for the grid based on time is coming to ALMS? Let's get back to Mid-0.

Chris