Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Jan 2001, 23:20 (Ref:61083)   #1
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone any opinions on who will win the battle here?

The team's new Jaguar guise doesn't change the fact this is the team to beat, as always. Courtney has the knowledge of the circuits in England, Lotterer has the experience of the series from F3 in Germany last year. Both are highly rated, so which one will have the upper hand?

Personally, I reckon Jag are clever enough to ensure it's drivers know what they are up to, in terms of circuits, so at the start of the season, Lotterer will be the top Jag, but I don't think it will take Courtney long to catch up. He will be a tough man to keep down for long.

Also the fact that they already know each other from being team mates in karts will work well for Jaguar, they should halp each other out, and I for one hope they make good.
Old 29 Jan 2001, 23:36 (Ref:61086)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well, not sounding to bias, i hope james courtney wins the title , we aussies need another aussie putting pressure on those f1 drivers who have been around to long - as for lotterer, i hope he finishes top 5 in the championship.....

if you were lotterer
what would you do, stay in german f3 where you have finished 4th in your debut season and are a genuine chance to win the series the following year, or,
move to british f3 in a top team where you might only finish top 5 at best
Old 30 Jan 2001, 01:31 (Ref:61101)   #3
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, tough one.

Although Pantano's managed to cause quite a stir in German F3 this year, the Brit F3 series tends to be more highly regarded. Lotterer said in Autosport that he'll be learning more doing F3 in Britain than he would doing it again in Germany, which is true. It's also a whole different playing field - if he finishes fourth here, it'll be considered a job well done, I'd imagine, whereas anything less than the championship in Germany will not do his career much good.

I think he has made the right choice. There is more to gain and less to lose in England.

I would also like to see Courtney doing well, although it's a fairly big step he's taken from FFord (not as many intermediate steps around as there used to be though!) It will also be interesting to see how the top 2000 FFord guys compare - Courtney with Jaguar, Davidson with Carlin and Taylor with Manor. I'm not a particular follower of F3, but (esp. with Fords on the supports this year) the more I think about it, the more I'm looking foward to the 2001 Championship.
Old 30 Jan 2001, 10:29 (Ref:61123)   #4
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm really excited by this battle, and a lot of the others in F3 this year. I think this will be very close indeed, Courtney's obviously no mug, but neither is Lotterer. Should be good.
Old 30 Jan 2001, 11:10 (Ref:61127)   #5
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think James will do better (and win the championship).

And I'm not just saying that because I said hi to him at Wakefield Park on Sunday
Old 30 Jan 2001, 13:56 (Ref:61147)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
obvious bias from the Aussie's coming through..BUT..i dont know anything about this Lotterer fella..and I have seen a fair bit of Courtney..alls fair in love and racing ..so a draw perhaps ???

I pick James..but he will take a while to get into the groove..but his talent will shine through.
Old 31 Jan 2001, 20:07 (Ref:61433)   #7
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Courtney will easily be top because he is one of the few extremely talented drivers along with the likes of Pizzonia and Raikonnen
Old 1 Feb 2001, 05:37 (Ref:61578)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well said mackmot