Monteiro's run broken

Pity old Tiago didnt finish today
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1416104)   #2
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know. I was hoping he could keep his very nice 100% finishing record but alas, the engine (was it?) gave up on him.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1416144)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it still not some kind of record for a rookie season though, for Tiago?

It seems anomolous having a plodder achieving a pretty respectable record.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1416147)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
he woulde broken MS's run of consecutive run of finishes i think...alas
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1416149)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surely not?

MS finished 24 races in a row between 2001 and 2003 if I recall correctly.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1416152)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
in a season....i think all 16/17 in 2002..?
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1416153)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well in one season, he would have equalled Michaels 2002.

Schuey would not be happy to lose a record like that to Tiago Monteiro!
Old 25 Sep 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1416295)   #8
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
It does sound quite funny.

Michael Schumacher loses his consistansy record to rookie Jordan driver, Tiago Monteiro

Go Tiago!
Old 26 Sep 2005, 01:59 (Ref:1416457)   #9
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when i saw him pulling over, i just automatically thought it was NK
Old 26 Sep 2005, 04:13 (Ref:1416491)   #10
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tiago's done brilliantly this season.

Not too shabby for pace either - not enough has been said about his brilliant qualifying lap at Interlagos.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 05:53 (Ref:1416511)   #11
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame this retirement. Very good work by Monteiro all season.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 06:37 (Ref:1416523)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
That lap was very good.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1416683)   #13
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a shame, but I don't think it's any major disappointment really, I mean if it was a run of consecutive points finishes it would be different, but finnishing two laps down is no major cause for celebration.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1416726)   #14
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

I think you do Tiago a diservice - stick him in a Renault or McLaren and he'd be right up there. I personally rate him highly.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1416735)   #15
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

Record for rookie yes, well done Tiago!
Old 26 Sep 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1416776)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's actually doubled the previous record for finishing your first Grands Prix (Jackie Stewart held the record with 8), and equals the consecutive finishes in a season record. It's a shame for him, especially as it comes after his best qualifiying run so far (although, given that he started from the pitlane, I wonder how much fuel he was running). I'm sure it's a name we'll hearing hte future.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 11:33 (Ref:1416778)   #17
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I think it will be a case of three into two doesn't go with Monteiro, Davidson and Albers down at Midland. Hopefully Davidson goes to Williams so then we can see three talents racing.

Shame about Tiago's finishing record... Joins Alonso and also that Ralf who has also only DNF'ed one race? That was in Europe...hmm interesting fact! Good finishing record for Ralf.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1416936)   #18
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although he's finished every race, Tiago has had a few incidents along the way, and a couple of pre-race engine changes, so it was inevitably going to end at some point - just a shame it was at the closest thing he has to a 'home' race. I'm not sure if those who went to the USGP have forgiven him for celebrating the result in from of maybe 40,000 fuming fans.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1417007)   #19
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
I wonder if he could finish as many races in a season in a different car. Something like the Sauber. Ok, this will be hypothetical because Sauber won't be there next year, but that doesn't matter. The Sauber is a car capable of finishing but its a dormant volcano and can still erupt (mechanical failure). Could he get a car like that to the finish more than his team mates?
And if next years V8's happen to be a failure because of engine stress levels or something, then maybe team bosses will start to notice Tiago.
Its a case of waiting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
I'm not sure if those who went to the USGP have forgiven him for celebrating the result in from of maybe 40,000 fuming fans.
I'm preety sure the American were not too happy with him celebrating a podium but its probably the only time he'll ever be on a podium step, unless there is something for him in the future. Sure it was in silly circumstances but if I was a rookie and achieved a podium, even in a situation like that at the USGP, then I don't think I could help myself but to celebrate. I'd probably regret it, if I didn't.

But lets not get into that.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 22:22 (Ref:1417413)   #20
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as the USGP celebration is concerned, I'd love to be able to claim that I would've been sensitive to the fans and treated the entire situation with the disdain it deserved, the honest truth is that I'd've been over the moon, and would have celebrated big time. It would have been inexcusable if Michael or Rubens had, but Tiago ultimately had all his Christmases come at once.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 01:44 (Ref:1417511)   #21
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good luck to Tiago for celebrating at Indy.

Michael and Rubens have had hundreds of podiums - in fact they were having their own lover's tiff at Indy.

Who knows if Tiago will ever get on the podium again? He had every right to make the most of the situation - it wasn't his fault Michelin stuffed up.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 05:24 (Ref:1417559)   #22
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Who knows if Tiago will ever get on the podium again? He had every right to make the most of the situation - it wasn't his fault Michelin stuffed up.
Amen. He will never forget that day, as history will show that he had a podium. Cut the guy some slack. He has done better than many rookies brought in by privateers.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1418085)   #23
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know why Monteiro pulled into the pits at the beginning of the race because it was quite a good decision - he may have been involved inthe DC/MW/AP crash otherwise
Old 28 Sep 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1419038)   #24
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor
Does anyone know why Monteiro pulled into the pits at the beginning of the race because it was quite a good decision - he may have been involved inthe DC/MW/AP crash otherwise
No clue. Adam?
Old 28 Sep 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1419042)   #25
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor
He was refuelling wasn't he?