Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Oct 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1428029)   #1
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Ingall?

Between lap 113 and 120 these were car 9s lap times:

2:11.1942 Ingall in the car
2:11.8187
2:20.7885 ?
2:18.0750 ?
2:18.8705p ? Pits and changes back to Youlden
3:16.4622
2:15.6136
2:14.6208

He pitted again later to be able to complete his mimimum number of laps.

What's the story?

I nwas watching the live timing and he went from 10 secs ahead of Winterbottom to 20 seconds behind in 3 laps.

I would summise that Russell was also not wearing a balaclava because when he pitted he scampered out the back of the pits in a sprint. ? Can anyone confirm this?

But this does not explain the loss of time over 3 laps? Was he trying to get his balaclava out of his pocket and put it on?

Anyone know what was really happening?

If he wasn't wearing a balaclava will he receive a post race time penalty?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 09:54 (Ref:1428109)   #2
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure, he was 7th on lap 113 then not in the top ten after 114
Old 9 Oct 2005, 09:54 (Ref:1428110)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
god who knows ???

But thats what Cromley suggested in the commentry , whether he did or not I have no idea but6 it looked a bit suspicious didnt it ?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 10:13 (Ref:1428128)   #4
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Leigh Diffey also said about lap 155 that Ingall pitted because he didn't have a balaclava on, but I am not sure he didn't mean Ambrose
Old 9 Oct 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1428151)   #5
Sol
Racer

For 3 laps he drove around 10 secs off the pace and no mention is made in the post race PR from SBR. What gives?

They have would have finished much higher up if not for this, even though they pitted an extra time.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1428193)   #6
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
I better clarify my second post (that 10min limit) - Diffey made the comment on lap 155/156, referring to earlier in the race, which may have been in the 113-120 period. I was watching the telecast, from memory apart from the car 18/34 incident at the Elbow it was fairly uneventful in that period.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 03:56 (Ref:1429042)   #7
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure of the lap it was but car 9 did pit tyo change at least the rh side front brake rotor and Ingall was in the car at that stop. Played a part??

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 10 Oct 2005, 05:23 (Ref:1429080)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was surprised the team put Mr Youlden back in the car.... Rusty should have been able to run to the end... unless the codriver hadnt done enough laps???

Meantime, the Caltex car is badly damaged from its bumps and scrapes from the weekend, I wonder whether they also impacted the speed of the car at some stage.

Superquick stop to change the 800km old disc rotors too....

Had the race lasted 10 more laps, Rusty was quick enough to be podium material....

Oh well... championship lead isnt all bad
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Oct 2005, 05:31 (Ref:1429086)   #9
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting about the rotor change. Is this something we can expect to see in the future? Rather than do a pad change will they soon be changing the entire brake set-up?
Old 10 Oct 2005, 05:49 (Ref:1429100)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dont know how quick it would be to take the whole calipers off, with rotors, pads and the like.... it would be the best solution... in terms of bolting on a complete unit

In AA this week, they made mention of the disc rotors being tested on the 888 cars, and swapped around all day... so maybe they get lots of practice in on these days for the race weekend?

A couple of screwdrivers in the cooling vanes, and whammo... off comes a white hot rotor...
Old 10 Oct 2005, 06:25 (Ref:1429118)   #11
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ingall had cramps.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 06:41 (Ref:1429130)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Barry Oliver reported on-track that David Brabham was pulled out of the #6 car early with cramps.....

I wonder whether Rusty's came as a result of a compromised seating position to fit the taller Mr Youlden in?

They obviously got better though... the #9 car was the quickest around near the end...
Old 10 Oct 2005, 07:21 (Ref:1429154)   #13
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brakes - considering that they are still able to change pads whilst refuelling is taking place (ie fuel takes longer) the additional 15-20 second a rotor change takes is negligible and, considering the advantage a new rotor could potentially give - why not do it?
Old 10 Oct 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1429176)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The drivers would probably enjoy some of the more aggressive cuts/drill patterns to the rotors to improve pedal feel if it could be maintained all race (i.e. without eating the pads to death) if they knew the rotor could also be changed....

Although there would still have to be some heat cycling of the rotor to bring it up to temperature....

There was a suggestion from the on-course commentary team that perhaps the 2nd Tasman car had a brake rotor explode.....
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1429282)   #15
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard on the radio's that at one of the pitstops they couldn't get the wheel(rear wheel I think) off and they told Ingall to come in next time around.

Must have been a safety car period. I can't remember what lap that was but it was towards the endish.

(so much action over the day my brains feel like scrammbled eggs)

I thought the brake cam was a pretty good demonstration of the torture the rotor takes.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1429285)   #16
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Suffering from itchy balaclava.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1429296)   #17
Sol
Racer

OK, if Rusty had cramps then this explains the lap times falling away dramatically, then pitting, putting Youlden back in the car for 10 laps or so until the last pit stop.

I am almost certain Youlden had done the required laps in his double stint, so I don't think that was an issue.