Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3906964)   #1
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Ford GT Gets Special Racing Liveries

.....That Celebrate Legendary Wins at Le Mans

I understand the reason (cameras) but I can't say I care for the extra coloration on the 66, 67, and 69 (year appropriate #s) cars. I would be happier if they just duplicated (as best possible) the original paint jobs.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...e-mans-legacy/

And the writer apparently doesn't have a clue regarding the #69 car, does he....?
(The sentence above it...: "The car that finished second in the 1966 race is now honored by the #69 Ford GT.")
Know thy history, or at least do some research first, Mssr Stafford.....

Last edited by jimclark; 30 May 2019 at 13:50.

jimclark
Old 30 May 2019, 15:30 (Ref:3906992)   #2
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
I realize my error and offer my apology to Eric Stafford....I guess I'm gettin' old(er) and tired(er) than I thought as I remember the gold car (3rd in '66) but not the colors of Ken and Denny (I still feel won like Jim should have at Indy in '63). I also note that the article states "factory Ford GT team", which I had not noted so the Wyer wins don't count.
In my (admittedly weak ) defense, I was also considering the numbers being appropriate for the years my beloved GTs(at the time) won......

jimclark
Old 30 May 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3907008)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Irrespective of history, I like the livery on the four cars (and on the privateer car even more).
Old 30 May 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3907025)   #4
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, love them, I'm cheering for the 85 (because....Jeroen) and the 66 (because......... Billy) and he privatly owns the same car as I'm driving this year to LM, a 95 GT2 winner. Don't tell Ford.............
Old 31 May 2019, 02:34 (Ref:3907085)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just got a scalextric set for, er, my kid. We treated ourselves and last weekend ordered a couple of cars. I got the ‘95 winner he got the gold GT40 you mention jimclark.
Attached Thumbnails
A0427BBD-45EE-4754-90D7-077DF80DEE46.jpeg  
Old 31 May 2019, 08:18 (Ref:3907113)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's good to see a nice a mix of old and newer liveries on the different cars. Be easier to spot which crew with each car
Old 31 May 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3907133)   #7
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
OK, so officially it's in homage to the second-placed car from 1966, but whoever is responsible has provided us with a nod towards the Gulf cars of 1968 and 1969.

Apart from the Gulf/Castrol clash, I guess we should also consider that the GT40s of '68 and '69 weren't, strictly speaking, factory entries, John Wyer having fallen out with Ford by that time.