Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Jan 2002, 02:49 (Ref:203015)   #1
texyboy
Rookie

England
stockton
texyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
topper idea Craig well done !!

Well Craig you've done a smashing job here in setting up the chat forum - I've noticed a couple of familiar names already. Any body got hold of their GP letters yet from the MSA mine came yesterday? - if any ones got the time I have some pictures from the Jack Frost rally to have a look at complete with the full results.
www.northeastmotorsport.co.uk
P.S. Check out no. 3 Kevin Proctors times - !!!!! he might just of won if he hadn't done an extra lap !! tut tut - bet the navigator got a tongue lashing !!

texyboy
Old 23 Jan 2002, 10:53 (Ref:203096)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Texyboy and welcome

Yes, I got my GP invite this week, so I hope Octagon are limiting attendance to 60,000, should make getting out a bit easier....
Old 23 Jan 2002, 11:46 (Ref:203123)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Guys,

Mine plopped through the letterbox on Monday too. I see the bit about tickets being limited to one for you and ONE FOR A GUEST has been underlined. I wonder if that means they will be more strict when we ask for additional tickets?
Old 23 Jan 2002, 12:13 (Ref:203140)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So there are marshals still going to the GP... everyone else seems to be heading to Croix de Ternois on the same weekend. have marshals now had enough of the way they are treated. there's some real horror stories and all for 4 races in 4 days..
Old 23 Jan 2002, 12:20 (Ref:203145)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I hear applications are down by 40% from last year, which in turn was 10% down on the year before. Many of my friends have not volunteered this year after being refused access to the circuit on Thursday last year.

Once again the organisers have forgotten that we NEED to see the cars in order to see where the emergency switches are mounted. When I questioned this fact last year I was told that my Incident Officer had a sheet with all these details listed on it. I informed the nice man at Octagon that in fact I was an Incident Officer and I had been given nothing of the sort!

Silence is golden...
Old 23 Jan 2002, 13:02 (Ref:203161)   #6
texyboy
Rookie

England
stockton
texyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
location of cut offs

yes stephen i think youve hit a raw nail there - relating to the safety of drivers - if we are not given access tothe vehicles in the garage/ pit - there should be a brief as to the vital switches and to such things as any changes to the vehicles that would need to be notified to the emergency services. i have email octagon with a query lets see if i get a reply????
one other thing on the letter of confirmation you should be given a guest pass - is that a officials pass or a partners pass - ei non official?
shed any light?
texyboy
Old 23 Jan 2002, 13:13 (Ref:203164)   #7
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: location of cut offs

Quote:
Originally posted by texyboy
...one other thing on the letter of confirmation you should be given a guest pass - is that a officials pass or a partners pass - ei non official?...
From previous years, you receive 2 tickets which allow access to all areas but the F1 paddock and pit lane. That is one ticket for you as the official and then one for your guest.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 14:21 (Ref:203210)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thats dead right Jason. I got the impression that we were being discouraged from asking for more than one guest ticket. Time will tell hahaha
Old 23 Jan 2002, 14:23 (Ref:203211)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Jason, the guy to write to at Octagon is Mike Debono and his e-mail address is: mike.debono@octagon.com
Old 23 Jan 2002, 16:07 (Ref:203248)   #10
pinki
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
pinki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it you are I/O ing again this year Stephen, though it could be like a SEMSEC meeting with two per post
Old 23 Jan 2002, 17:01 (Ref:203259)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Yes thats right Keith, IO again. To be honest I really didn't want to Observe at the GP because you have all your brain cells taken away by race control before you are allowed near the track!
Old 24 Jan 2002, 09:01 (Ref:203547)   #12
pinki
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
They never have a shortage of Observer's anyhow, must be the lure of them nice warm green boxes
Old 25 Jan 2002, 17:23 (Ref:204301)   #13
scottball75
Rookie

scottball75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hmm, the grand prix what can I say

Well I'm glad that I did it (and am also glad I took a good book!), but I don't think I shall return.

I, like many others emailed rob baine about conditions after last year but didn't hear anything back, so I dont think I will grace bernie with my presence!
Old 25 Jan 2002, 19:25 (Ref:204362)   #14
pinki
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
You know you enjoyed it Scott, you told me it was the best book you ever read. Good to see I'm not the only rookie around here as well
Old 25 Jan 2002, 21:09 (Ref:204425)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
No, there's loads of you creaping in!

Welcome Scotty old chap...