Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1347157)   #1
TheMong
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants
TheMong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking Like A Wet silverstone GP

Just done a quick weather check for the week as i will to banged up in a tent for 2 nights and out in the open for all the day and depessing as it sounds it looks like a wet one beleive me i am praying for it not to be but i suppose i will have to treat myself to a new brolly...will it be the first wet race this year if it does rain?

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/...code=code&y=11
Old 4 Jul 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1347170)   #2
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Youll be fine; it only rains when I go, and Im not this year..
Old 4 Jul 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1347176)   #3
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest I don't think Ive ever been on that site and have it tell me that it was gunna do anything but rain! I think the whole country would be about 600ft underwater by now if you believed their forecasts each week!
Old 4 Jul 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1347182)   #4
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't trust weather.com, they can be very inaccurate with their predictions as Gaz says. the BBC weather website actually says that its going to be cloudy with sunny intervals come Friday and Saturday so it should be nice. You can normally trust the BBC one too as they were spot on about Donington earlier this year for the BTCC.

I'm predicting that the high pressure will push out the low pressure by Thursday judging by the weather reports I've seen on TV.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1347214)   #5
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for being selfish but I will be watching the race from home such that I would be pleased if the race was run under wet conditions. Except for a few drops in Montreal, we only had dry races this year. With this year's f1 comedy, you should not complain as long as you have a race with 20 cars.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1347234)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest a wet race would be interesting. We should see how FA and KR handle the situation against the Regenmeister himself...
Old 4 Jul 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1347241)   #7
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not there this year so I'm hoping for a wet race to liven things up.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1347272)   #8
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like wet GPs. Especially when the circuit favors McLaren.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1347293)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. I'll take my mac.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1347296)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I would never take my powerbook to a grand prix.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 23:10 (Ref:1347315)   #11
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was about to post this, but you did it first
Old 5 Jul 2005, 00:08 (Ref:1347339)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Im about 40 minutes from Silverstone, it was raining today, but only light rain.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1347343)   #13
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
We've spoken about exclusivity Adam - I am not yours.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 05:40 (Ref:1347406)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We're currently on one of the longest ever runs without a wet Grand Prix, you know...
Old 5 Jul 2005, 05:59 (Ref:1347415)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed, it is rather surprising we haven't had one yet. Had one tiny, insignificant sprinkle in one race so far (if I recall correctly).
Old 5 Jul 2005, 07:00 (Ref:1347426)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
In the last 9 or so GP's I've done at Silverstone, there has only been one when it hasn't rained on at least one of the days! Personally I hope for good weather as its damn difficult to dry out marshalling overals in a tent overnight and I dont have a spare pair
Old 5 Jul 2005, 07:18 (Ref:1347438)   #17
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
James North should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been to each public F1 test at Silverstone so far this year, and so far we've had more wet days than dry days, heck it even snowed in Febuary!

Personally I think it will probably rain at least once during the 3 days. I won't mind too much if we have a wet race, I'll be in a covered grandstand.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1347465)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Grrrrr, I hope it's not at Abbey, you could come in for serious heckling
Old 5 Jul 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1347574)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it rains then I hope my new tent works as it should!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1347576)   #20
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't curse it!!!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1347597)   #21
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can i order sunshine please,the 50's sportscars are much nicer to drive in the dry!!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1347708)   #22
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speaking as someone who was at Glastonbury Festival this year, where we had 3 inches of rain on Friday morning and thence mud literally knee deep, I'd just like to say - get on with it you big Jessie. You are unlikely to drown, and us armchair fans will get to see the extra excitement of a wet race.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 16:36 (Ref:1347948)   #23
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think Bob will fancy running around Silverstone naked AND wet.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1348232)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I'm sure we'll cope if it rains. I know I will, being a resident of the Lake District!

That doesn't mean you can't wish for dry weather though. As well as getting some colour in my skin after a pretty miserable year for me, I wanna see those cars going at full speed through Copse, Becketts, Stowe etc....and not slowed by rain. However, a little rain on one of the days would be nice.....nice to see a bit of slip sliding, even though it'd be better without TC!

Give me a wet Friday and a blisteringly sunny Saturday and Sunday and I'll be chuffed.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1348295)   #25
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David, if you want to see cars going through Copse, Becketts & Stowe, you are going to have to have a mighty pair of trainers on your feet or be very close to a 'Very Big' TV screen!

Also, make sure the sun, (if we get any this weekend!), is not shining on your screen, otherwise you will not see too much.

I hope you all have a super, super, weekend and don't forget to set your video, you will need it later to see the full race.

Trust me.