Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6, nothing more.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3260472)   #27
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
They should put DRS onto a section where passing is already difficult. So for Montreal, just have the single zone on the short run from the 3rd chicane down to the hairpin. Then it might make a passing zone out of what is not really a clear cut overtaking area.
They'd never put one there after the Kubica shunt.

I personally just think the s/f straight would be perfect. Or maybe on the straight leading down to the 3rd chicane.

Selby
Old 10 Jun 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3260481)   #28
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 7. Okay, Vettel ran away with the race - but lower down the field there was some pretty good battles. Felipe came alive - his best performance for this season so far. Really made up for the crash. Alonso was also good with his battle with Hamilton. Sutil also provided much entertain.

It was pretty good for a dry race. Plus, there was no safety car as well.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 19:56 (Ref:3260570)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Again no safety cars...
Old 10 Jun 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3260611)   #30
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DRS has been a godsend. At least we're getting overtaking. Have we not forgotten how tedious it was to watch a 2 hour procession where not even the best, most aggressive drivers could attempt a pass ? Here if you're fast enough to pull a one second gap, you're safe, if you're not, the guy behind will have you... which used to be the case anyways in the pre-aero era.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3260612)   #31
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I thought it was great - apart fromt he fact there were no battles for the lead. Canada and Brazil never offer up dull races IMO.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3260638)   #32
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6, probably a bit harsh but a lot more was promised in Qual than actually delivered (Except Vettel running away)
And it is in a crap time zone for some of us
Old 10 Jun 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3260657)   #33
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
GTE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They should put DRS onto a section where passing is already difficult. So for Montreal, just have the single zone on the short run from the 3rd chicane down to the hairpin. Then it might make a passing zone out of what is not really a clear cut overtaking area.

That will never work. It is too short for DRS to make a difference.

I thought the double zone worked beautifully in Canada.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 00:45 (Ref:3260693)   #34
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Again no safety cars...
No. And possibly the reason why only five cars completed the whole race distance!

The use of the safety car should be compulsary. A bit like BE's sprinkler system and just as random.

I gave it an 8 partly because it gave me confirmation about which car/driver combination would be better if the tyres behaved as they did during this race.

"Another victory for Vettel might not be what the season needed in terms of the show. But then truth does not always make for comfortable viewing."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22837189
Old 11 Jun 2013, 06:23 (Ref:3260737)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
8, Because it's Montreal!
Old 11 Jun 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3260789)   #36
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
"Another victory for Vettel might not be what the season needed in terms of the show. But then truth does not always make for comfortable viewing."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22837189
I'm starting to think that we could be looking at another Schumacher. If he becomes World Champion this year, highly likely one would have to say, he will be level with Alain Prost as a quadruple WDC and just one short of the great Fangio... all at the ripe old age of 26 !
Old 11 Jun 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3260831)   #37
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for me , good battles right through the field but found myself drifting off a couple of times, wish they had more tv coverage down the field though.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3260835)   #38
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE View Post
That will never work. It is too short for DRS to make a difference.

I thought the double zone worked beautifully in Canada.
It should be an overtaking aid, not a gift to simply breeze past on the straight. I'd rather the whole DRS thing be scrapped anyway. The main straights have always seen decent overtaking, there is no need to make it any easier.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3260916)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
8, Because it's Montreal!
Yes, that grants at least 6 for it, unfortunately this race ranked low among others from the past.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3261005)   #40
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wasn't particularly enamored with it, mainly because no one lacked the stuff to challenge Seb although he was my DOTR and I was rooting for Alonso (as usual).

That being said I have no problem with Vettel's victory and the prospect of another WDC despite bleeding Ferrari red. I have genuinely (albeit, half-heartedly ) rooted for the kid ever since I saw him run his first race in person at Indy. The other teams need to step up their game and take the fight to Seb and RBR. I said the same thing during the MS era with Ferrari (despite being delighted ) and now that the shoe is on the other foot I still feel the same way.

In regards to the crowd booing, I wasn't there but I don't think they were booing because of the result. It APPEARED to me that the fans were trying to get the drivers to throw their podium hats into the crowd. I heard some chanting and then saw Alonso's hat go flying. When Fernando was back in frame he had no hat. It seemed that the attention then went to Vettel who held onto his, (for obvious reasons) which may explain some booing and finally Lewis who also was still wearing his cap when the interviews were over.

It may be my imagination but I seem to recall Alonso throwing his podium cap into the crowd a few times before so maybe he started something we'll be seeing more of when the crowds are rowdy and looking for souvenirs.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3261159)   #41
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 7... I love this race except that DRS is rubbish....
Old 12 Jun 2013, 01:20 (Ref:3261230)   #42
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Was happy to see the tires holding up to a faster pace, a few good battles behind Vettel and my favorite driver won, again.

The DRS passing is a bit not so much.

Looking forward to Silverstone, will be a tougher test on tire deg management.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3261458)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I gave it a 7... I love this race except that DRS is rubbish....
+1.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3261592)   #44
Danny27
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Danny27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6. Not a bad race but for this circuit I was expecting a little more
Old 13 Jun 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3262108)   #45
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really liked the race. The first fifteen laps or so were particularly good. I don't get the DRS criticism if we're speaking specficially in terms of this race (although perhaps Bottas could have held Alonso a bit longer if not for it). Generally, even though people say DRS just leads to no opportunities for a slower car keeping a quicker one behind it, we still see plenty of action going on later on, so I would say that is balanced out by the number of cars released from being trapped behind others to still compete with each other.

Plus it is only trying to negate the obscene aero obsession.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3262246)   #46
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DRS is great I love watching overtaking thats less interesting than overtaking on the highway, but all we need now is turtle shells. That, and the Banana Peels, the Pinnacle of Motorsport needs Banana Peels.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 03:44 (Ref:3262891)   #47
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally watched the highlights, that race could have been great, but DRS is so bad, absolutely ruined that race
Old 15 Jun 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3262995)   #48
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
DRS is rubbish.
F1 aerodynamics are rubbish. DRS helps to rectify the situation.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3263101)   #49
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 , wanted to rate higher due to tyres not being top of the agenda , but 2 DRS zones with one activation point was just not right for me . Enjoyed the battles further down the field and Seb's bull was scary quick !
Old 15 Jun 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3263145)   #50
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
F1 aerodynamics are rubbish. DRS helps to rectify the situation.
Don't watch it then...

DRS is crap and we all know it, so do they...