Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Dec 2002, 09:31 (Ref:448139)   #1
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Insider 2"

Button is testing for the first time at Jerez on Friday alongside JV. Button & Davidson on Saturday. Davidson and Japanese friend from his International Biesse karting years Koeske Mattsura are testing together on Sunday.

Im hoping that Koeske gets the job of BAR tester alongside Ant next year instead of Sato. (Who I hope will keep his Jordan seat now)

P.S: On the way back from the airport an hour ago I saw two full size Scuderia Ferrari F1 transporters heading north on the M25!!!...Where are they going to???
Old 12 Dec 2002, 09:46 (Ref:448146)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Rennen. I hope you realise that this is the chance Ant will have of proving himself - against Bunsen on the test track. It will be imperative for Ant to keep it on the black stuff and out perform Bunsen. Wish him "all the best" from the 10-tenths guys.
AND please let us know the latest on Sato as the info trickles through.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 12:31 (Ref:448235)   #3
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there any way ever in possibility that you could get any of them into these forums?
Old 12 Dec 2002, 15:17 (Ref:448396)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It's too early to be setting up for the Autosport Show at the NEC. Is there any private testing at Silverstone that you know of as it's the only circuit with a current F1 licence unless Donington still have theirs?
Old 12 Dec 2002, 17:28 (Ref:448488)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by twig
is there any way ever in possibility that you could get any of them into these forums?
or all of them ?
Old 13 Dec 2002, 03:13 (Ref:448790)   #6
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe they were empty and going to pick something up such as the new tubs for next years car. Its about that time because the cars usually get built over the christmas testing ban right? Does anyone know where the chassis are produced because i don't think that they do them themselves, or do they?
Old 13 Dec 2002, 05:08 (Ref:448832)   #7
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Ferrari had full composite body facilities on site? Maybe they where picking up components like tyres, or having some wheels made up.

Oh, and on that note... if you somehow are working in at BAR, here's a little idea I had and maybe you could pass it on to some guys who might know. Have they thought about using the front wheels with slighty fan-blade effect spokes to alter the airflow around the front of the car?

Reasoning is this: I imagine the spokes generate turbulance around themselves in some degree or another, so if it's directed to suck air away from the front of the car, this turbulance can be used to neaten up airflow around the front and maybe drop a little drag.

Also had an idea for pneumatic wheel locking. Replace a rattle gun with a simple pneumatic connection. You plug it into the hub or into a connector on the car somewhere, and the air pressure is required to pop a/several locking pins that hold the wheel on securely. The idea is aimed at dropping the pitstop times for tyres.
Connector in, and the wheel can come STRAIGHT off, rather than wait for a rattle and the nut to come off.

I have several other ideas on stuff like that. I'm always thinking of stuff like it so, yeah. Just pass it on. If they'd want to hear any more ideas, just ask for us here in the forums.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 09:30 (Ref:448917)   #8
chrisgr31
Racer

chrisgr31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where the Transporters UK registered or Italian registered? I saw two transporters that looked like the Scuderia ones on the M25 last week, but I think they may actually be the Ferrari Challenge ones or something similar. I don't think the F1 Ferrari Team transporters would be in the UK at present unless Bernie has bpought Ferrari and is transferring cash to Silverstone which he is also alledged to be buying!
Old 13 Dec 2002, 11:52 (Ref:448975)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I dread teh day when Jukes reads Golems posts - and I thought Jukes was bad enough.

Back to this thread, I reckon we should rate each of Rennen's insider stories. Rating 1 to 5, 5 being excellent, I rate Insider 1 with a 4. Insider 2 only scored 2 points for me. Common Rennen, start grilling Ant for the really good stuff.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 13:58 (Ref:449059)   #10
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
These were the pucker (with Italian license plates) full size F1 rigs...the pucker F1 transporters running nose to tail I passed yesterday near juntion 10 on the clockwise section.

Valve...Dont get carried away thinking Anthony has regular 'offs'...just because of his efforts in the Minardi!

Anthony has conducted more incident free laps in nearly 10,000 miles of solid BAR testing this year than probably any other driver. (Even MS visits the gravel traps)

Anthony is VERY highly regarded in the F1 testing scene, he says its vitally important not to be the cause 'Red light' stoppages to test sessions. It costs teams about 14 grand a day...also if your name is banded around as the culprit it does one no favours at all!...Cynics like Neilap... who've only seen Ant in 2 GP's in the worst car, havn't got a grasp of the full picture!

Furtunatly the teams have...F1 Racing magazine this month quotes BARs designer Geof Wiilis in an article about Ant, in very professional and apreiciative terms.

I've produced a 3 and a half minute VHS Video (pal system) clip of Anthony's racing from junior karts to F1...it will be available on thru his website soon...seeing is believing...in terms of race action and ability.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 14:08 (Ref:449067)   #11
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
PS: Valve you rarely get a 'head to head' situation between drivers within an F1 team test especially at BAR (or Williams) it isn't approached that way at all...they have differant things to test at differant times on differant days. Back to back of equipment...but not with the drivers at this level. The works all schedualled at it doesn't include driver comparisons.

Anthony told me on the way to Jerez yesterday...he will know what Jenson (who remember he has raced seriously in top level British and International karting for 10 years) is about, when he watches him today...he knows the 'body language' so to speak, of the car at any given corner now.

Just in via MSN from him...(Friday Dec 13.) "Jenson's doing a good job"

Last edited by Rennen; 13 Dec 2002 at 14:10.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 14:33 (Ref:449086)   #12
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your reports, Rennen...
Old 13 Dec 2002, 15:50 (Ref:449121)   #13
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
...Cynics like Neilap... who've only seen Ant in 2 GP's in the worst car, havn't got a grasp of the full picture!
You need to get over yourself!

I dont care who's friend you are, you are not granted special privelages. Do me a favor, keep my name out of you posts. You are an overly sensative little boy, you need to grow up. Unless you have some other kind of realtionship with the man I do not see why you insist on defending him by putting me down.

The sad thing is that I was serious and genuine with my post. But obviously you think you need to have your a$$ kissed so that you can share your infinate wisdom here.

As far as I am concerned your little tid bits are not needed if it goes along with personal attacks. Ok Anthony!

Last edited by neilap; 13 Dec 2002 at 15:53.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 15:58 (Ref:449124)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rennen, please remember the rule : Attack the post, not the poster
Old 13 Dec 2002, 16:02 (Ref:449128)   #15
alchemy
Racer

Ireland
Tranquillity Base
alchemy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by golem
Have they thought about using the front wheels with slighty fan-blade effect spokes to alter the airflow around the front of the car?

Reasoning is this: I imagine the spokes generate turbulance around themselves in some degree or another, so if it's directed to suck air away from the front of the car, this turbulance can be used to neaten up airflow around the front and maybe drop a little drag.
I’ve already done this one years ago golem. It got thrown out on the grounds of being "A movable aerodynamic devise" -which as you probably know is illegal.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 22:03 (Ref:449378)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Common Guys - this is a fun forum. Let's not get personal, and take unbrage over words spoken in encouragement or mild criticism. Rennen, you did run a poll on whether posters here thought Ant should have kept it on the black stuff, and I voted yes. So did quite a few posters here.
My post was more an encouragement post wishing him luck. Anyone else would have wished him in the same manner - keep it on the black stuff and lap faster than Bunsen.

As for the Ferrari transporters, they were in England for their compulsory 50,000 KM service, after which they will pick up the Arrows chassis which they bought for testing purposes.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 02:40 (Ref:449542)   #17
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
I dread teh day when Jukes reads Golems posts - and I thought Jukes was bad enough.
Give the guy some credit....and i suppose your idea of no difference in terms of setups for qualifying and raceday but only on tyre choices are interesting?
Old 14 Dec 2002, 02:55 (Ref:449554)   #18
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Quote:
Originally posted by golem
Also had an idea for pneumatic wheel locking.
Could be a good idea for added safety to replace the wheel tethers.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 07:10 (Ref:449648)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Common Jukes, you know better than that. The wheel can still come off with the half shaft and some of the suspension bits hanging on. But hey!! don't let me stop you from hypothesising with Golem - I was just funning. I love to read your posts. Didn't you see the smiley? I'd never slag you seriously. Just joking, lah!!
Old 14 Dec 2002, 10:02 (Ref:449691)   #20
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
No problemo Valve my man...known you long enough for me not to get offended.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 13:51 (Ref:449802)   #21
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone enlighten me? Where did Rennen attack neilap? He didn't. He remarked that he didn't have a grasp of the full picture. Which is actually very possible. Well, neilaps reaction on the other hand...

Stay fair bononi.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 17:32 (Ref:449894)   #22
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
Can someone enlighten me? Where did Rennen attack neilap? He didn't. He remarked that he didn't have a grasp of the full picture. Which is actually very possible. Well, neilaps reaction on the other hand...

Stay fair bononi.
He had an original insider post where he volunteered information. I genuinely asked a couple of questions but he seemed to take it personally. After that he went on a little tirade about me being a cynic on three different occasions.
The only people I ever "attack" are Toyota and RS and I usually back it up with reasons why. I don't attack people unless they deserve it. He kept riding my name because he was banking on people choosing his side because he had the "inside scoop".
I don't take peoples posts personally unless they attack me. Then I feel I have every right to speak my mind which I did. I feel if you would not say something to someones face then don't say it hiding behind that computer. I try to respect everyone here even when I STRONGLY disagree with them. Just don't make it personal. Anyway, enough of that...

This was a post about Button and a comparison to Ant. Button seemed happy with the car. I could tell from his quote though that he was hoping the next years car was much better. Considering the car stopped on the track his times were pretty close to JV's especially since it was his first drive in the car. EVen JV seemed a little impressed.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 18:10 (Ref:449910)   #23
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NiceGuyEddie, my advice is that you stay out of other people's personal discrepancies, and leave it to the moderators to handle this. I support Bononi's response completely, in fact, we chatted about this very topic last night, and the thread will be closed unless people can refrain from personal insults.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 02:24 (Ref:450138)   #24
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
I have have always attacked anyone on or off the track were his racing was concerned...nature of the competitive beast! It's my buzz...I'm probably the only F1 drivers dad on this site take it or leave it Neilap!...It's called freedom of speech!...my dad fought for it in WW2...an I'm gunna use it!
Old 15 Dec 2002, 02:30 (Ref:450139)   #25
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Sorry Rennen, but there is no such thing as freedom of speech in any forum. Check out my thread in Feedback forum. We do have a written rule here and that is attack the post and not the poster. It doesn't matter whose dad you are - it applies to everyone. I'm not a mod, so I just try to keep things friendly in a sort of jocular manner.