Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 24 Jan 2008, 12:03 (Ref:2112581)   #1
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
ADEE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Renault BARC '08

New year - new thread.

With the '07 thread onto its 34th page its time to move on!

And with a full championship entry list already there is clearly plenty of interest in this series... so lets replicate that here.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2112584)   #2
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
The interest in the series has clearly extended to the motorsport press - see this weeks editorial in MN.

I'm sure there will be some divergent views on the opinions expressed in that article... if you haven't seen it basically it says that Grovewood's decision to use a 'first come first served' system for accepting entires into the '08 championship was a good one.
Old 28 Jan 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2115399)   #3
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you are only one left on here mate!!!!!

On a more serious note, you club class boy's may have you hands full with the owner of my old championship winning car Ed Heinzelmen. He settled in very well at brands last tuesday & was doing mid 48s after only his first test in a car, let alone first run in a renault. Of course i would like to think a lot of the speed came from the engineeering excellence of the car & the first rate driver coach in attendance on the day no it was an excellent effort by Ed

Hope to catch up with you all during the season, lawn bowls & crib fixtures allowing i find it keeps me sharp
Old 6 Feb 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2122458)   #4
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Sale

Standard Formula Renault Parts:-

Madin Wheels suit all Tatuus Mygale Van Diemen Swift etc

Medium offset front 115mm from extreme inside edge to the face that bolts to the hub

Medium offset rear 128mm from extreme inside edge to the face that bolts to the hub

One set fitted with 2007 Slicks used twice One set fitted with good wets.

PCD is 100mm

Two Complete sets of 4 medium off set Madin rims - £350 each set

Standard Formula Renault new Inner Tri lobe drive shaft joint £25

Tatuus Parts:-

Tatuus New Boxed Radiator £85 Bought for RC98 may fit others?
Two RC98 nose cones used £275 each. One yellow/black one white can be sprayed any colour at cost.
Brand new Tatuus RC98 Front Top Wish bone - £130
RC98 Half front wing used but A1 Black (could be sprayed at cost) (drop plates and fixing plates included free) £40

Total £1,530

All for £1,450 cash

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 24 Mar 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2160598)   #5
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to agree with Ian and congratulate Ed Heinzelmann on an excellent day's racing. A 1st and 2nd place in his first meeting.
Well done Ed.

I've known Ed for a few years now since we used to race against each other in our Minis in Rallycross, but this is our first year in single seaters. I'm taking a year out while I rebuild my new Mini ready for tarmac racing, so I hope to be at most of the meetings this year. Here's hoping for a good battle during the year Scott.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2160876)   #6
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMadness
I'd like to agree with Ian and congratulate Ed Heinzelmann on an excellent day's racing. A 1st and 2nd place in his first meeting.
Well done Ed.

I've known Ed for a few years now since we used to race against each other in our Minis in Rallycross, but this is our first year in single seaters. I'm taking a year out while I rebuild my new Mini ready for tarmac racing, so I hope to be at most of the meetings this year. Here's hoping for a good battle during the year Scott.
To be fair, there were only 3 and 4 runners in the races and none of the regulars. what the hell happened in race 1? 4 laps?
Old 25 Mar 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2161033)   #7
dasc04
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dasc04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race two was only 5 laps. What was that about?

Doesn't seem like a very good meeting from the results sheet. 9 laps over two races?
Old 25 Mar 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2161052)   #8
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 1 was in heavy snow and was stopped twice for cars off on the exit of Graham Hill Bend. Race 2 was in the sunshine but was stopped twice more for cars off at Paddock.

Took ages to re-grid aswell which led to a 20 minute delay.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 15:21 (Ref:2161254)   #9
woolynet
Rookie

United Kingdom
woolynet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Missing from results?

Anybody know what happened to Dave Rees having his first Renault race with Reon? Missed first quali, only done a few laps second quali and didn't appear on either race results?
Old 25 Mar 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2161484)   #10
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair point by REALIST not all the regulars were there and the races were extremely short, but we can't control the weather. Hopefully the next race will run full distance with all the drivers qualifying, this will give a fairer reflection.

As for Dave Rees, could always ask Ian Pearson. I know one of the Reon cars wouldn't start.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2162100)   #11
alwynrm
Rookie

alwynrm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all....

Not sure if I'm in the right place here, but I'm possibly looking to "buy a drive" in a series later this year. I've not got the resources to own/run my own car, so I'd be just wanting to get a drive with an existing team. A long time ago I did some Formula Ford & some F.Vauxhall Jr tests, and basically it was a lack of money rather than tallent which kept me away from racing.

So I'd be grateful for some general advice - my competition B licence expired many years ago, so I guess I'd have to get that again, but assuming it was OK, what kind of costs am I looking at, and would this be the series in which to do it? I'd probably want to compete in 2 or 3 races, dependant on finances.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice,

Alwyn
Old 27 Mar 2008, 10:05 (Ref:2162851)   #12
woolynet
Rookie

United Kingdom
woolynet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, sounds like a few people have decided to call it a day in BARC Renault already - maybe they don't think that five lap races are good value...;-)

The good news is that it should allow some of the reserves back on track - any money on seeing Ian 'Polaris' Pearson in his FR2000 at Rockingham?
Old 27 Mar 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2162951)   #13
jamessimons
Rookie

jamessimons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to thank all the club class guys for their help and advice in what was a difficult weekend at Brands. Especially Frazer and James H. It was a real baptism of fire, with Thursday being my first outing in the car to then have snow on the weekend was a whole new experience. It was just e relief to finish the second race and get some points. All I can do now is look forward to Rockingham and get some more time in the car. Look forward to seeing everyone at Rockingham hopefully having garages will also make a huge difference.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2165833)   #14
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolynet
Well, sounds like a few people have decided to call it a day in BARC Renault already - maybe they don't think that five lap races are good value...;-)

The good news is that it should allow some of the reserves back on track - any money on seeing Ian 'Polaris' Pearson in his FR2000 at Rockingham?
don't know about the polaris bit!!! ha ha. but we've entered for all the rounds starting with rockingham with two FR2000's, a couple of points finishes there would be excellent.

The brands races were very messy, but given the conditions, shear number of cars out & it being the first race of the year, i think it was very understandable
Old 31 Mar 2008, 13:28 (Ref:2166156)   #15
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
alwynrw... try Staf at Muzzrace. He'll give you an honest answer and usually has some casrs available. However as things stand there is no space left to register for the BARC series... this might change as the season progresses.
Stef's on 07779 735706
Old 7 Apr 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2172585)   #16
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
**ash Davies**

I want to say well done to ASH on his 2nd place in race one and fastest lap, raced against Ash through karts for past few years and him and his family and friends always helpful and friendly when racing at their track!!!!

Hope the success continues!!
Old 10 Apr 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2174490)   #17
ianpearson
Racer

interesting to see Ross Curnow has take the latest registraton with Double M racing. Thats a pretty big name with a good history in formula BMW for some of the lads to aiming at. Interesting to see how he goes

on another note, anyone got any spare room in their garage on the test day at Rockingham? they have sold out & the weather does not look to favourable at present
Old 14 Apr 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2176923)   #18
learner driver
Rookie

learner driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like you might get away with the weather tomorrow.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2176927)   #19
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by learner driver
looks like you might get away with the weather tomorrow.
Well we're not testing till friday, i suppose there will be a few up there tomorrow though.

we have a garage now anyway
Old 14 Apr 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2177178)   #20
jamessimons
Rookie

Ian,

I might have room, I don't know how the allocations are going, they were going to try and allocate us our race garages, if they have allocated me a whole garage I will have room.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2177190)   #21
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessimons
Ian,

I might have room, I don't know how the allocations are going, they were going to try and allocate us our race garages, if they have allocated me a whole garage I will have room.
cheers james, we've sorted one out now though

How's things going with you, have you been out testing since brands?
Old 14 Apr 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2177284)   #22
jamessimons
Rookie

Not bad thanks!

Friday is the day, I have had to do a few jobs on the car so not been out since Brands, hoping to wipe the slate and get some decent times in after a pretty disasterous first meeting. Look forward to seeing how you go in the FR2000!
Old 15 Apr 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2177817)   #23
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessimons
Not bad thanks!

Friday is the day, I have had to do a few jobs on the car so not been out since Brands, hoping to wipe the slate and get some decent times in after a pretty disasterous first meeting. Look forward to seeing how you go in the FR2000!
well the weather is not looking too good for meaningfull testing on friday, there is a very real chance that the first dry running we all get will be the races on sunday, so that could be interesting.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 12:22 (Ref:2177991)   #24
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
Ian - you're optimistic about Sunday. Forecasts I see are for even more rain on Sun that Fri or Sat. But apparently no snow! Should suit you.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2177996)   #25
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADEE
Ian - you're optimistic about Sunday. Forecasts I see are for even more rain on Sun that Fri or Sat. But apparently no snow! Should suit you.
i'm no rain master! i'd prefer a nice dry first meeting. I think your right on the forecast though, it now looks like gradually increasing amouonts of rain as the weekend moves

well we'll see how it goes, are you testing on friday? have you been to rockingham before??