Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Nov 2009, 01:02 (Ref:2582556)   #51
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Four is only one race less than LMS has. First LM(E)S season (2004) actually had only four races.
Not to mention this year's Asian Le Mans Series with just one double-header round... I was talking about "truth", not reality.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2582702)   #52
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
I have said it before on other threads and so I apologise for repeating it but the World Chamionship Final is the LM 24 is it not?

The other races/championships are qualifying events

To me this still applies (this thread back in March) and for the regular LMS competitors to race outside Europe lots of help with travel will be required.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2582828)   #53
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
the World Chamionship Final is the LM 24 is it not? The other races/championships are qualifying events
It makes some sense, but the problem is winter. The long break from November to February, when most European circuits can't host races, is better suited for pre-season testing than warm summer after the 24 Hours.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 03:42 (Ref:2584769)   #54
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surely if it is to be a World Championship then South America, Asia and Australasia (and possibly Africa) need to be included. The November to February slot is ideal for them.
Why not run the Championship from November culminating in the Grand Final at Le Mans in June?
Incidently there is a circuit, Surfers Paradise, looking for a feature event late Oct/early Nov that is at present accustomed to paying frieght bills, but it is unlikely anything could be organised before they make a decision.

Last edited by Oldtony; 19 Nov 2009 at 03:46. Reason: Add Surfers comment
Old 19 Nov 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2585215)   #55
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
South America, Asia and Australasia (and possibly Africa) need to be included. The November to February slot is ideal for them. Why not run the Championship from November culminating in the Grand Final at Le Mans in June?
The Latin American rounds (Argentina, Brazil, Mexico? Highly unlikely to me) would fit the European and American LMS calendars better in March or April.

The teams must test the cars some time of the year, and the best time is January and February. Now that I think of it, your proposal isn't that bad. The Monza 1000km (one of my European favourites for the trophy) is traditionally held in April and the last editions of the Silverstone 1000km (the other one) have taken place in September. So the trophy could have a counter-season schedule like this:

(Mosport and Algarve - August)
1. SIlverstone 1000km (September - last Euro LMS race)
2. Petit Le Mans (early October - last ALMS race)
3/4/5. Asian, Australian and South African races (late October and November)
(Summer break)
6. Sebring 12 Hours (March)
(Latin American rounds? late March or early April)
(Long Beach - April)
7. Monza 1000km (late April - first Euro LMS race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Surfers Paradise [is] looking for a feature event late Oct/early Nov that is at present accustomed to paying frieght bills, but it is unlikely anything could be organised before they make a decision.
LMPs are too big, fast and expensive for in street circuits, and even more so for endurance races. Were it me, I'd invite the FIA GT1 to Surfers Paradise - they have shorter races and less expensive cars.