Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 31 Oct 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2573185)   #51
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Stu was driving his Ray grs07
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:31 (Ref:2573523)   #52
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope he is ok after rolling his Ray at Brooklands

anyone know why Rory did not start the final? exhaust was missing after contact with the ray
Old 1 Nov 2009, 17:31 (Ref:2573560)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I had a great race in the FF2000. Some of the youngsters in 82's are blooming quick.Very pleased to finnish 9th overall and 3rd Historic. Pretty sure i must of been the oldest bloke in the race except Bob.Kept out of the way of all the spinning cars and had a great dice with some hero on slicks. Thanks for all the support as my head was on the block if we had not got a good grid.Well done all.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2573563)   #54
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
Hope he is ok after rolling his Ray at Brooklands

anyone know why Rory did not start the final? exhaust was missing after contact with the ray
...and his rear left suspension had collapsed. He pulled up by my post - the car had taken a big hit when the other one rolled over, damage just behind the cockpit and a missing exhaust as well as suspension damage.

Only a matter of inches from being properly serious, I'd say.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2573708)   #55
kartingdad
Veteran

Stu is fine thanks. Youtube search for stuart gough walter hayes trophy for an interetsing video.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 00:27 (Ref:2573810)   #56
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one?

STUART GOUGH SPEARMINT RHINO JOB APPRLICATION VIDEO
Old 2 Nov 2009, 07:53 (Ref:2573907)   #57
kartingdad
Veteran

Nope. This one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jnrjnr01#p/a/0/Oyptb6-HU8I
Old 2 Nov 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2573922)   #58
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Scott Moyse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can i find a full list of results? heats etc.. mainly interested in how Joey Foster did, and a young ozzie driver can't remember his name.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2573931)   #59
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I had a great race in the FF2000. Some of the youngsters in 82's are blooming quick.Very pleased to finnish 9th overall and 3rd Historic. Pretty sure i must of been the oldest bloke in the race except Bob.Kept out of the way of all the spinning cars and had a great dice with some hero on slicks. Thanks for all the support as my head was on the block if we had not got a good grid.Well done all.
There were another couple of elderly gentlemen ( other than me) from URS out there in that race. Actually I was a little dissappointed that more of the HSCC FF2000's didn't join in, we had the capabilities of a capacity grid with both HSCC and URS boys together.
But, a great weekend, by far the most enjoyable meeting for me all year
Old 2 Nov 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2573937)   #60
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartingdad View Post
Ouch, that hurt. Hope he's ok
Old 2 Nov 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2573990)   #61
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
It looks worse from Luffield side.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8711879...57622715973792
NOT my picture, I hasten to add.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2573994)   #62
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
These are mine though.

Connor de Phillipis

Andrew Ames gets a nose job.

Last edited by Tim the Grey; 2 Nov 2009 at 10:18. Reason: Link editing.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2574002)   #63
kartingdad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
It looks worse from Luffield side.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8711879...57622715973792
NOT my picture, I hasten to add.
Wouldn't mind getting some full size ones of those...
Old 2 Nov 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2574032)   #64
Alan Hamilton
Racer

Northern Ireland
Stockbridge, Hampshire
Alan Hamilton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found the full results:

http://www.mstworld.com/Results/2009/90082wht.pdf

http://www.mstworld.com/msportevent....it=Silverstone
Old 2 Nov 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2574034)   #65
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Kents were great as ever, but the best race of the day for me was the FF2000s which had a fantastic 6 car fight for the lead but the rest of the supports were pretty dire which seems to be common at the WHT for the last few years? The open single seaters and the sports car open races have such mismatched grids that there was very little proper racing, surely there would be some really good series with big grids that could be invited that would offer much better racing rather than spread out lappery?

PS: Thanks to everyone in orange on the banks, when I turned up at 10am and saw wind blowing waves down the standing water on the National straight I really felt for you guys!
Old 2 Nov 2009, 15:34 (Ref:2574192)   #66
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a pity you didn't enjoy the open wheel allcomers race on Sunday, I was in the midst of a six car battle of about 7th, OK it wasn't for the lead and so maybe it didn't interest anyone else but ourselves, but it was certainly good fun from the inside.
In fact, my son and I agreed when we discussed the race afterwards that the more allcomers events that clubs put on the better, I love racing a strange variety of cars
PS sorry about the Formula 5000 I hoofed off at Luffield on the first lap
Old 2 Nov 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2574210)   #67
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of interest - was Stu wearing a Hans device ?
Old 2 Nov 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2574212)   #68
Alan Hamilton
Racer

Northern Ireland
Stockbridge, Hampshire
Alan Hamilton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I could see in the BRDC Stand, no Hans device this time, just a helmet.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2574216)   #69
kartingdad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton View Post
From what I could see in the BRDC Stand, no Hans device this time, just a helmet.
He wasn't wering his Hans device this time as he was recovering from a shoulder injury. One of those accidents where the wearing of a hans device might have been disadvantageous as he wrote his crash helmet off in the gravel trap.

He feels if he had been wearing a hans it could have been a slightly different tale......

Freak accident in a way, as the car was caught by the wind which lifted the car up more than you would expect.

Given 9.5 by the style judges, with extra bonus points for vertical tail spin and neat landing.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2574221)   #70
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tks KD - looking at pics on Jakob ebrey's site - and the angle of his head in the gravel (last page or two of the 30+ pages) - I guess he wouldn't have been stepping out too quickly if he was wearing one.

I wouldn't sit in a car without a Hans - but the pics show the obv issues about them in extreme conditions (ie upside down in gravel with a FF balanced on your head). More than anything - it shows the stength of modern FFs (I would have hated to have had that accident in an original RF91 with the pointy triangle roll "hoop").
Old 2 Nov 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2574233)   #71
kartingdad
Veteran

Apart from being ground down on the top of the hoop, the structure hasn't moved at all. Its only superficial damage and I have seen nastier damage after a trip into the tyres actually.

If it had been a significantly older design of car, it could have been a lot more serious, so be careful all you chaps that race formula bathtubs...
Old 2 Nov 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2574243)   #72
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1664 View Post
PS: Thanks to everyone in orange on the banks, when I turned up at 10am and saw wind blowing waves down the standing water on the National straight I really felt for you guys!
Glad you enjoyed yourself! we did too, despite the best / worst the climate could throw at us. I knew I should have re-waterproofed my boots when my feet were swimming after 10 minutes on the bank. Thanks to all of you who showed your appreciataion on the slowing-down lap. See you all next year.

Gerry (Observer at Copse Exit)
Old 2 Nov 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2574244)   #73
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
when i hear folk go on about hans devices i question whether they should get out of bed in the morning
how the hell did you get racing in first place?
i know Stirling didnt have seatbelts and Jackie was instrumental in the seatbelt coming into racing but where does one stop?

maybe single seaters should have covers around wheels bubble on cage to protect us even more and an air bag
the most dangerous part of motor racing is driving to and from the meeting
Old 2 Nov 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2574296)   #74
kartingdad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
when i hear folk go on about hans devices i question whether they should get out of bed in the morning
how the hell did you get racing in first place?
i know Stirling didnt have seatbelts and Jackie was instrumental in the seatbelt coming into racing but where does one stop?

maybe single seaters should have covers around wheels bubble on cage to protect us even more and an air bag
the most dangerous part of motor racing is driving to and from the meeting
Sorry, but that attitude is just a bit misguided IMHO.

I see that you accept that the most dangerous part of racing is driving to the event.

I accept that as well, but these boys are not wimps, do you disagree with deformable crash boxes on the front of the cars, and why bother with roll hoops, crash helmets, seat belts at all?

The hans device is a damn good piece of kit.

For instance it would have saved Jason Minshaw smacking his head on his steering wheel at Oulton Park a few years ago, giving him a nasty 3 month case of concussion iirc.

Perhaps you ought to try hitting your head on a fford steering wheel whilst belted in. It might change your attitude a little.

The good old days clearly were far more fun, what with all the funerals Stirling and Jackie had to attend.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2574314)   #75
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree the HANS is a good bit of kit in a given type of acident, but you cannot pick the type of accident you are going to have..........

I watched Stuart's accident from the BRDC stand and was concerned when he landed upside down as the car actually, (kind of) fell upside down.

In this case, he was lucky he didn't have his HANS on.

The simple answer to this is keep it as it is. If you want to wear one, great, if you don't, then that's fine too.

Don't make them compulsory.