Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Nov 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2584527)   #1
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL LOL LOL LOL

Talk about desperation

http://fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=2281

18/11/2009 Appeal to be heard on November 25th

INTERNATIONAL COURT OF APPEAL
The following hearing of the International Court of Appeal will take place in Paris:
Hearing
Appeal lodged by the Royal Automobile Club of Belgium (RACB) on behalf of its competitor Pekaracing nv against decision N°17 taken by the Stewards of the Meeting dated 25 October 2009 concerning the event run at Zolder (Belgium) on 25 October 2009 and counting towards the 2009 FIA GT Championship

On 25 October 2009, the Stewards of the Meeting received a protest from Pekaracing nv against car N°1 of Vitaphone Racing. The competitor Pekaracing nv claimed that in the 2nd pit stop, more than the permitted number of mechanics from the Vitaphone Racing team were in the working area. After having viewed the television footage, the Stewards decided to impose a drive-through penalty, converted into a 30 second time penalty, upon car N°1.
On 25 October 2009, the competitor Pekaracing nv appealed the Stewards’ decision as it considered that a more substantial penalty should have been imposed upon Vitaphone Racing.

When
10.00 hrs
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Where
FIA Salle du Comité,
8, place de la Concorde,
75008 Paris
Decision
The decision is expected on Thursday, November 26, 2009, in the afternoon.
Accreditation
Requests for accreditation must be sent by email to the FIA Press Office (press@fiacommunications.com) on the official letterhead paper of the publication or other medium requesting accreditation.
The accreditation request must be signed by the Chief Editor or the Head of a Department (specify which) of the relevant publication, or medium.
The accreditation request must include the following:
i) the hearing and the date for which the accreditation is requested;
ii) name of the journalist and photocopy of his professional press card (currently valid);
iii) email address to which the FIA can send an answer.

Paris, November 17, 2009

-------------
A 30-sec penalty ain't enough????
Old 18 Nov 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2584567)   #2
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this a hail marry at winning the championship? Would the FIA reverse the results? Is this how you'd want to win the championship?

Chris
Old 19 Nov 2009, 09:44 (Ref:2584883)   #3
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Is this a hail marry at winning the championship? Would the FIA reverse the results? Is this how you'd want to win the championship?

Chris
It'll kinda like the way France beat Ireland in football last night (or in Henry's case basketball)! I honestly think Pekaracing should move on & concentrate on 2010 when they get another chance to win the championship!
Old 19 Nov 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2584903)   #4
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, if their claim is correct, Vitaphone weren't playing by the rules for a large part of the season? Yes, I think I'd want that clarified, so I know what to do in future.

P.S. Sorry about the Frogs scoring last night. Perhaps Tierry is considering a move to Rugby Union?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2585117)   #5
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Well, if their claim is correct, Vitaphone weren't playing by the rules for a large part of the season? Yes, I think I'd want that clarified, so I know what to do in future.

P.S. Sorry about the Frogs scoring last night. Perhaps Tierry is considering a move to Rugby Union?
Was thinking more down the line of LA Lakers!
Old 19 Nov 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2585365)   #6
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nah, even in basketball you don't get random hits of the ball to keep it in play, Mr Henry should be going for volleyball.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2585416)   #7
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
OK guys back on topic! I think it's pathetic that PK are firing every last bullet they can to get the drivers championship from Vitaphone! Shame cos I liked them & their Vette but I guess desperate times mean desperate measurs!
Old 20 Nov 2009, 00:53 (Ref:2585477)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I cant believe that he is let get away with that . I bet this isnt the end of that story either . I hate that little pratt now !!!
Old 20 Nov 2009, 00:56 (Ref:2585482)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
OK guys back on topic! I think it's pathetic that PK are firing every last bullet they can to get the drivers championship from Vitaphone! Shame cos I liked them & their Vette but I guess desperate times mean desperate measurs!
Well , if YOU have a valid complaint , would you not say something or , would you let yourself be walked upon ?

Also , it needs to be clarified before next season .

If you are wrong , then you are wrong ..... end of .
Old 20 Nov 2009, 01:01 (Ref:2585487)   #10
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , if YOU have a valid complaint , would you not say something or , would you let yourself be walked upon ?

Also , it needs to be clarified before next season .

If you are wrong , then you are wrong ..... end of .
I agree! I do not find this out of line at all.

L.P.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 02:08 (Ref:2585509)   #11
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not a pretty way to win a championship, to be sure, but it wasn't the prettiest way to lose one either. I don't see this as out of line either. It's a fair regulatory matter.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2586063)   #12
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd want this matter clarified for future reference but I think 2009 belonged to Vitaphone. PK should move on now, but they do have a right to know the full stories and a clarification on the rules and what to do about such matters in the future.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2587268)   #13
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
If PeKa has a case,they have a case and so should Vitaphone be stripped of their illegally won championship. Simple really...
Old 24 Nov 2009, 00:05 (Ref:2588133)   #14
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Appeal has been postponed a week to December 3rd, decision expected on the afternoon of the 4th.

http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=2281

I'll be stunned if PK win but if they feel they have a genuine case to appeal then all the power to them.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2588545)   #15
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Appeal has been postponed a week to December 3rd, decision expected on the afternoon of the 4th.

http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=2281

I'll be stunned if PK win but if they feel they have a genuine case to appeal then all the power to them.
Or they willl win the appeal as FIA probably dont want to allow it in the future, but the penalty to Vitaphone will be just a 10sec added time or something else that wont make any difference in the results at Zolder. Who knows.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2588548)   #16
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Even if it was Rugby Union, it would of been a knock-on and a penalty.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2590212)   #17
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Nah, it went backwards...

Any Aussies here to watch their boys get turned over in Cardiff?