Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jul 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4059919)   #376
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That McQueen shirt is just about dreadful enough that you can wear it in an ironic way.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4059947)   #377
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No point at all, I must admit! But then again, I've got a Rebellion t-shirt I've never worn and am unlikely to ever wear!
I've bought plenty of stuff at LM I've never worn since. Luminous green Aston Martin polo being top of the list. Not sure what I was thinking!
Old 5 Jul 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4059950)   #378
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You could wear it and pretend that Aston Martin built a Hypercar!
Old 5 Jul 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4059979)   #379
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No point at all, I must admit! But then again, I've got a Rebellion t-shirt I've never worn and am unlikely to ever wear!
If we ever have a meet again at le mans, you could always wear it there
Old 5 Jul 2021, 19:01 (Ref:4059993)   #380
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, on one arm...... or I could bring a small child to wear it.....
Old 5 Jul 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4060010)   #381
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Now you say, almost each time I went to LM I bought something from the Corvette shop, cap, jacket, key holder… Unfortunately, the car cover is out of reach of my purse (around 1k€)! I like this team and I raced a C2 a while ago but at a very different level!
And no, I wont pay -for- a visit to the Alpine shop!
Old 25 Jul 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4063067)   #382
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't know what the price of this will rise to - but the start price is as cheap as chips. It's a great book - I've had it for quite a few years.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224542591...kAAOSw3Ipg-Dpt
Old 26 Jul 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4063185)   #383
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just put a bid on it
Old 26 Jul 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4063193)   #384
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good luck!
Old 26 Jul 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4063216)   #385
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Just put a bid on it
If you get it delivered here then i can read it first then let you have it in August, together with the video of yours i still have. best of luck with the bid Vince
Old 28 Jul 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4063565)   #386
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That sounds fair enough. Great sharing between race fans
Old 28 Jul 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4063591)   #387
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you are not successful, then I have a copy on my bookshelf that I can lend out if you are desperate to have a read.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4063594)   #388
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
If you are not successful, then I have a copy on my bookshelf that I can lend out if you are desperate to have a read.
First opportunity to hand over your copy of the book would be the Saturday-Before-The-Snooker-Masters-Pubcrawl

Don't know if that it such a good idea
Old 28 Jul 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4063623)   #389
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
First opportunity to hand over your copy of the book would be the Saturday-Before-The-Snooker-Masters-Pubcrawl

Don't know if that it such a good idea
In my 7 decades on this planet, I have found that implications such as that indicates....
A) The implyer associates with such and assumes everyone is that way.
B) The implyer acts as such and assumes everyone is that way..
C) Both of the above.

Last edited by jimclark; 28 Jul 2021 at 16:12.

jimclark
Old 28 Jul 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4063625)   #390
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Assume?
Old 28 Jul 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4063629)   #391
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It is always a heavy night
Old 28 Jul 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4063631)   #392
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Assume?
Yes.

"That's what everyone else does/I do, so beware......there are no people with decent character."

jimclark
Old 28 Jul 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4063633)   #393
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
In this particular case I was speaking from 7 years' experience of said pubcrawl, so knowing that taking a cherised book with you might end (mildly) badly for the book. Not worth the risk.

And about characters, I tend to only choose friends with decent characters
Old 28 Jul 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4063653)   #394
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Just put a bid on it
But back on topic: Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Thnx Andrew for pointing it out, paid not much for a very nice book (TBC)
Old 28 Jul 2021, 21:36 (Ref:4063666)   #395
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Congratulations Vince, can i expect a parcel soon?
Old 28 Jul 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4063667)   #396
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Yes, there will be two books in it, as I impulse-buyed another LM-related book as well
Old 29 Jul 2021, 08:55 (Ref:4063716)   #397
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If you keep buying books we might have to change our booking from the old vw camoer to a large van Will let you know when it arrives
Old 29 Jul 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4063717)   #398
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
In this particular case I was speaking from 7 years' experience of said pubcrawl, so knowing that taking a cherised book with you might end (mildly) badly for the book. Not worth the risk.

And about characters, I tend to only choose friends with decent characters
I think Simon managed to make it safely home with a copy of Vic Elford's autobiography intact after one such event, so maybe there's grounds for optimism?
Old 29 Jul 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4063719)   #399
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
But back on topic: Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Thnx Andrew for pointing it out, paid not much for a very nice book (TBC)
£25? Bargain. Well done!
Old 4 Aug 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4065339)   #400
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well got a package today addressed to Vince care of me, The Steve mac book looks good but the second book is even more interesting it appears to be an english translation of a french book published in 1954. The Le mans story by Georges Fraichard and includes reports of the 1953 and 1954 races so should be really good especially for a jaguar fan like me. Suspect i will have read it long before Vince takes delivery.