Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Feb 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3209892)   #76
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
They said (DOME) that they are working on a 2014 car but only participate with the support of a manufacter. They said to, that they will prepare a LMP 2 version... could they doing a Dome P2 with the Nissan P2 engine ????

That would be awesome, but i donĀ“t think it will happen... but in the other end if Nissan want to upgrade to LMP1 without doing everything a Join venture with DOME (S103) is very clever inded!!
My point was that Nissan might not be happy with Oreca and Toyota's partnership, and therefor seeks a partner which can build a chassis capable of beating the Oreca in 2014 (if they build one?)
Old 24 Feb 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3209906)   #77
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
We (Ten-Tenths Forum) has always heard hints of a LMP1 program before the announcement (see Toyota and more or less Porsche), and there just haven't been anything indicating a Nissan LMP1.
I find a Renault much more likely.
Of Porsche too? Guesswork maybe but I remember that it came like completely out of the blue, especially considering the timing (end of Jun, after LM and the WEC announcement).

Last edited by deggis; 24 Feb 2013 at 09:47.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3209908)   #78
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
I doubt that this is in any way related to F1. Renault would not want to dilute their image in F1 by allowing an in-house-Nissan-re-badged Renault engine to come into the game. This MUST be related to some sportscar involvement, whether P1, P2 or GTE.
He meant rebadging Renault engines as Nissans in LMP1...
Old 24 Feb 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3209911)   #79
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
My guess is that it is sportscar related - my fear is that it is a Deltawing type project for the 56th garage and not a full blown head to head with Audi, Porsche and Toyota - which of course is my hope.

Is there there is also a chance of a full on GTE assault?
Old 24 Feb 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3209916)   #80
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Im hoping its a P1 but Im leaning more towards a GTE GTR which also would be most welcome.

We'll find out soon enough I guess
Old 24 Feb 2013, 10:22 (Ref:3209919)   #81
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
He meant rebadging Renault engines as Nissans in LMP1...
That would indeed be coherent with Renault's current strategy in F1 which has clearly paid dividends. I would hope however that the announcement relates to more than "just" an engine re-badging effort and includes some efforts/developments on the chassis side.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3210066)   #82
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just saw a render on Endurance Info's Facebook page, it's possible that Nissan hasn't totally dropped the Deltawing and is readying a Nismo Deltawing coupe for LMP1 (w/ the GT-R engine?)
Old 24 Feb 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3210070)   #83
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
I just saw a render on Endurance Info's Facebook page, it's possible that Nissan hasn't totally dropped the Deltawing and is readying a Nismo Deltawing coupe for LMP1 (w/ the GT-R engine?)
I would suggest that pretty much impossible at this point.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3210072)   #84
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I doubt it. The DeltaWing concept (whether in open-top or coupe form) does not comply with the LMP rules. It would require a specific derogation from the ACO in order to be able to compete in the LMP1 class. The DeltaWing concept is basically dead as far as the FIA WEC and the 24h of Le Mans are concerned. Only remaining opportunity for the DeltaWing concept is ALMS in 2013 or possibly the "Grand-AmLMS" starting from 2014.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3210076)   #85
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Link please.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3210080)   #86
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do believe this is it.

L.P.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3210083)   #87
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It wouldn't be on Michelin's, it would be Bridgestone's.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 18:47 (Ref:3210084)   #88
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Note, that rendering came from this fan site....

http://www.aliasguy.com/DW-Coupe-LMP1/index.html
Old 24 Feb 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3210102)   #89
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Do believe this is it.

L.P.
Why? Nissan announced they were done with the DW.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ni...ect-54928.html
Old 24 Feb 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3210127)   #90
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Why? Nissan announced they were done with the DW.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ni...ect-54928.html
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=3293
Old 24 Feb 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3210142)   #91
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the use of continuing with the deltawing if you can't compete for overall victories. I to believe they will announce some kind of sportscar program for either LMP1 or LMP2.
I hope they do LMP1 with a factory effort. Just for the sheer excitement of having 4 factories pushing each other to deliver the best results they can.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3210143)   #92
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's a fan's photoshop, as Brett already posted, and I already saw just a few posts back. Not a Nissan release. Thanks, though.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3210148)   #93
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
That's a fan's photoshop, as Brett already posted, and I already saw just a few posts back. Not a Nissan release. Thanks, though.
You asked "why"... answer was that because some fan thinks so.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3210199)   #94
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
I asked Horndawg "why" because Nissan said no DW, with alink... oh, nevermind.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 02:52 (Ref:3210264)   #95
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/specutainment/st...61329487769601 more big news!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 03:09 (Ref:3210267)   #96
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
"Big" does not necessarily imply positive, so I'm be cautious with my expectations. Even if Nissan announce a P1 program, there could also be a pullout by someone else (Toyota, Lotus or Audi).
Old 25 Feb 2013, 04:08 (Ref:3210278)   #97
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Lotus is not in LMP racing.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 05:06 (Ref:3210290)   #98
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Lotus is not in LMP racing.
They have badged a LMP2 effort and the car they're currently building for this season.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 05:17 (Ref:3210293)   #99
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
"Big" does not necessarily imply positive, so I'm be cautious with my expectations. Even if Nissan announce a P1 program, there could also be a pullout by someone else (Toyota, Lotus or Audi).
Pessimist To way the tweet is written sounds more positive than negative. Also, it doesn't say the "news" are big but that the "names, manufacturers and teams" involved are.

If there was a pullout bombshell coming, I think the tweet would be a lot clearer...
Old 25 Feb 2013, 05:29 (Ref:3210295)   #100
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kudos for managing to keep it a secret!

Quote:
You think?

The remarkable part is that no matter what the news is, it was kept a true secret till the end! Nissan is a very large international company and it is so easy for things to leak out, yet no one really came out to spill the beans. Kudos to everyone who knew it, but resisted the urge to tell, even anonymously!

Last edited by deltawing; 25 Feb 2013 at 05:30. Reason: .