Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jan 2003, 19:49 (Ref:482731)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Some more JV quotes

This from his official website it a good 'ole fashioned question and answer sessions with the fans - glad to see he's capable of hosting one. A few interesting quotes worthy of discussion:

Q:Is there one race that you would most like to win in 2003 and why that race? And, from your point of view, what’s been your most enjoyable race?
Jacques: "Any race would be nice! We are not the front running team at the moment, so any race we can win will become the special one. I don’t think we have the luxury to be able to choose which race track we will win at right now.
"My most enjoyable race was in Jerez in 1997 because it was the Championship race. It was a hard, but rewarding race."

Echoing some of his previous comments there I thinks!

Q:Is Les 24 Heures du Mans on your mind? Is it on your agenda? If so, who are the drivers you would like to team up with?
"Le Mans could be fun but it’s not a priority right now. When I stop racing in F1 I might not be interested in racing anymore. It would be nice to win it though in addition to the Cart and Formula 1 Championships.
"If I did compete in Le Mans, I would like to partner with Patrick Lemarie and maybe Jimmy Vasser, or someone like that."

Q:My question is pretty simple, what are your plans once your racing career is finished? Do you plan to remain in the sport or perhaps promote Canadian talent?
"My answer is pretty simple: Do nothing! Just raise a family and enjoy life.
"What I love about this sport is purely driving race cars. So unless I’m racing I don’t see any reason for me to be involved in any other aspects of the sport."

Seems to be a bit self centered to me.
If there was one rule you could change in F1, what would it be?
Jacques: "To go back to slicks."
Here Here!!!
Full interview here if you're interested

Last edited by Asp; 22 Jan 2003 at 19:50.
Old 22 Jan 2003, 20:13 (Ref:482774)   #2
Coach44
Racer

Coach44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Some more JV quotes

Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
Q:My question is pretty simple, what are your plans once your racing career is finished? Do you plan to remain in the sport or perhaps promote Canadian talent?
"My answer is pretty simple: Do nothing! Just raise a family and enjoy life.
"What I love about this sport is purely driving race cars. So unless I’m racing I don’t see any reason for me to be involved in any other aspects of the sport."

Seems to be a bit self centered to me.
ASP

I don't see why that answer makes him self centered??? I fly aircraft for a living and I couldn't see myself doing anything else in the aviation industry. Does that make me self centered??? He does what he loves and doesn't want to do anything else...if I could afford it I'd do the same when time comes that I can't fly aircraft anymore
Old 22 Jan 2003, 21:34 (Ref:482839)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah. Plus he wants to raise a family and live a happy life. Don't most people want to do that? Why would that be self centered?
Old 22 Jan 2003, 21:44 (Ref:482851)   #4
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I don't mean self-centered (hey, I speak French better) - I mean more narrow minded. Only loving the sport to race - and not to get involved in driver promotion or even team ownership. I think it's good that he wants to start a family - but surely he could do that whilst maintaining a different career
Old 22 Jan 2003, 22:12 (Ref:482882)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For what?
To please someone else?
Old 22 Jan 2003, 22:40 (Ref:482915)   #6
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I think it is the duty of all athletes to put back into the sport that made the rich and famous. It is not fair to compare a regular 9-5 with the lifestyle of an F1 driver.
Old 22 Jan 2003, 22:54 (Ref:482926)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
These comments are in unusually good taste for Jacques. Its good to see.
Old 22 Jan 2003, 23:06 (Ref:482939)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does he have to give something back to the sport?
He said, way back in 1997, that he wasn't going to be someone who needed to be in the paddock forever after he retired.
What does he like from racing? Obviously racing in the car. Outside of that, is it interesting for him? I guess no.
It's a good attitude towards racing. What does he care for? Driving the car.
Old 22 Jan 2003, 23:53 (Ref:482969)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Fair questions, fair answers. I don't see a problem here.

And I agree with him. He's a racer. When you stopped racing, why would you want to hang around and watch others do it?

He's paid his dues, earnt his money and then he wants to go off and enjoy it. Thats what I would do to.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 00:13 (Ref:482986)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Seems like unspectacular answers to unspectacular questions to me. From my point of view, it is of interest because it is related to F1; but now, looking back, in the aftermath of such excitment, there is nothing new of specific interest as it didn't provide anything that wasn't known previously (except the drivers he stated he would like to team up with were he ever to do Le Mans, but the selection isn't exactly a great surprise).

However, when it comes down to it, every little helps whilst hobbling through the off-season.
Old 28 Jan 2003, 01:02 (Ref:487888)   #11
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Some more JV quotes

Quote:
Originally posted by Coach44
ASP

I don't see why that answer makes him self centered??? I fly aircraft for a living and I couldn't see myself doing anything else in the aviation industry. Does that make me self centered??? He does what he loves and doesn't want to do anything else...if I could afford it I'd do the same when time comes that I can't fly aircraft anymore

I agree. If he wants family, it's wonderful. And it's normal. Didn't Mika do the same? Yes, and no one said such a thing like a couple of people here.