Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2659086)   #1326
Ben at AmD Essex
Rookie

Ben at AmD Essex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post

Best bit for me though was seeing the Golf out on track, ok it's not fast yet but it looks fantastic. And I don't think I've ever seen a touring car flame on the overrun like it - couple of crappy pics (only ones where I actually caught it)...

Not entirely sure it should be doing that! Looks cool though...
LOL flamer kits are all the rage in Essex car parks you know

That makes me even more gutted I wasn't there to get photos! Thanks for posting the pics!
Old 24 Mar 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2659089)   #1327
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ben did you guys get any times at all, even on a stopwatch ?
Old 24 Mar 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2659102)   #1328
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Confusing statement attributed to Tom Chilton in evo's news story about the new season.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/24...cars_2010.html

A turbo?!
The LPG Siroccos in STCC are Turbo as well. Alternate fuels with non FI engines are not very relevant for todays car industry to develop.

The STCC-BTCC mutual homologation agreement BTW means it's been allowed to run an LPG Turbo in BTCC since 2009.

Last edited by stedevil; 24 Mar 2010 at 09:08.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2659105)   #1329
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Does it actually say "no flamethrowers" in the Super 2000 technical regulations?

It's the new counter measurement against the Bump&Pass move.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2659112)   #1330
Ben at AmD Essex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Ben did you guys get any times at all, even on a stopwatch ?
Unfortunatly I wasn't there yesterday. So didn't get any times. It was more about getting the car prepared for next week and sorting out any little niggles. We had another miss fire appear which wasn't rectified till late afternoon so we didn't get many laps in.

The car was was amoungst the slowest but its what we were expecting as we didn't have the gearing in the box for Brands. We went to fit them Monday and they had sent the wrong ones!

Ben
Old 24 Mar 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2659125)   #1331
dan290888
Rookie

England
Kent
dan290888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any one else think the sunshine cars look a little to much like last years airwaves bmws?

also preferred last years Team Aon livery and seems odd to me that after working hard to overcome engine trouble and finally getting it right at the brands finale they've now switched to lpg?
Old 24 Mar 2010, 10:30 (Ref:2659133)   #1332
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's good marketing value for Arena who run the cars. Especially as Aon are rumoured to be spending less because of their impending sponsorship of Manchester United.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2659135)   #1333
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan290888 View Post
also preferred last years Team Aon livery and seems odd to me that after working hard to overcome engine trouble and finally getting it right at the brands finale they've now switched to lpg?
It would be odd, except TOC has brought Calor sponsorship with him which presumably prompted the switch. Add the fact that they have dispensation to run a turbo, and they won't be having any power issues this year, except ones caused by TOCA turning the boost levels down when the other teams complain...
Old 24 Mar 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2659159)   #1334
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I find it odd that Team AON has gone down the LPG route when their (petrol) car towards the end of last year was a real contender for the podium and even wins.
I heard that the car that ran at Brands at the end of last season had 300cc more than it had the rest of the year

Old 24 Mar 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2659182)   #1335
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burp View Post
I heard that the car that ran at Brands at the end of last season had 300cc more than it had the rest of the year

I heard that NASA never actually landed a spacecraft on the moon and that it was all done in a studio.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2659186)   #1336
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did you hear that from someone in the space industry or on the net?
Old 24 Mar 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2659212)   #1337
Ben at AmD Essex
Rookie

Afternoon everyone.

Thought you all might like to see the latest updates on the blog with some awesome pictures!

http://www.amdessex.com/btcc.blog.cfm?pagenum=5

Ben
Old 24 Mar 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2659214)   #1338
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As always, brilliant stuff Ben. It really feels like we're part of the team here. The Golf looked fantastic out there.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2659218)   #1339
Ben at AmD Essex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
As always, brilliant stuff Ben. It really feels like we're part of the team here. The Golf looked fantastic out there.
Thats good here. If you are at the races and spot any of us then don't be afraid to stop us and say hello.

Ben
Old 24 Mar 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2659228)   #1340
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burp View Post
Did you hear that from someone in the space industry or on the net?
The space industry.
But I'm not dumb enough to think that just because the person works in that industry it means he's always correct.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2659246)   #1341
Ben at AmD Essex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben at AmD Essex View Post
Thats good here. If you are at the races and spot any of us then don't be afraid to stop us and say hello.

Ben
Doh! Must check spelling before clicking submit! As it won't let me edit. meant to be "hear"
Old 24 Mar 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2659252)   #1342
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's good marketing value for Arena who run the cars. Especially as Aon are rumoured to be spending less because of their impending sponsorship of Manchester United.
Aon are connected with Tom Chilton's dad so I wouldn't worry about that. The BTCC funding is an absolute drop in the ocean compared to the United deal too.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2659253)   #1343
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:

Ben
For sure Ben... will do.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2659258)   #1344
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Aon are connected with Tom Chilton's dad so I wouldn't worry about that. The BTCC funding is an absolute drop in the ocean compared to the United deal too.
I know that they are. But there were a few murmurs towards the end of last season about Aon possibly reducing their financial input slightly.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2659530)   #1345
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Afternoon everyone.

Thought you all might like to see the latest updates on the blog with some awesome pictures!

http://www.amdessex.com/btcc.blog.cfm?pagenum=5

Ben
Love the car Ben.
Hope you do well at Thruxton.
I'll put out a yellow flag to anyone who tries to overtake you.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2659642)   #1346
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-top fan View Post
I'm sure I remember vauxhall being about 1million to run the team each year? Guess this could be offset by other sponsors though. They also had to develop their own cars which most teams don't need to do.

I guess the £250k was without aditional trackside promotion etc, which in my opinion creates a far better level of return on an investment
The other source for this info was from last year when it was reported that James Nash had to find 25K per race weekend for the Chevy which was a top drive.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 07:41 (Ref:2659644)   #1347
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

Airwaves -
Also note 09-spec bonnet vents. I like the rainbow effect on the front stripes, not sure about the rear wing - looks a little 'gay pride'. I understand there will be less Airwaves branding than last year, but it is a work in progress.

WSR -
Either the decal shop was closed when they went to pick up their order or they are in serious trouble. Even the transporter is bare.

Pinkney -
Looks awful. Needs some highlighting on the grille to pick out the shape of the car at the front, otherwise it all merges into a big black blob.

Honda -
And on rear window. Honda livery looks better in the flesh that I first thought. They've tidied up some of the smaller decals and moved the one from the lower of the rear door which I think helps.

Some dreadful liveries out there this year as highlighted, Chevy is the most impressive as well as Tom Boardman's.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2659683)   #1348
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
Some dreadful liveries out there this year as highlighted, Chevy is the most impressive as well as Tom Boardman's.
I thought Boardmans was pretty awful - looks like he's just driven through a big pile of stickers. Jordans car looks the best along with the Chevy, Motorbase looks terrible at the moment and WSR can't be running with that livery. I'd expect a few changes before Thruxton.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2659747)   #1349
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, lack of sponsors for WSR in particular looks bad.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2660022)   #1350
Ben at AmD Essex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Love the car Ben.
Hope you do well at Thruxton.
I'll put out a yellow flag to anyone who tries to overtake you.
Thanks very much

Any help greatfully received
Closed Thread