Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jan 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3490417)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
2015 stoke row and nuffield motor sport day July 4th/5th.

About time I posted some news on this years show I am already getting car clubs and friends wanting to know if they can come and display, So the only date we could fit in this year does clash with the GP, 5th July. Not the first time we have had the dates clash. BTW this will be year seven !!!!.
The show has grown and grown and we ran out of room last year and that was on the new venue at Nuffield having the use of two large fields.
We did have a poor turn out last year of racing cars. I fear I might of shot myself in the foot as in the past with have had impressive turn out of F1 cars on display. The reason we set the show up in the first place was to educate people on grass routes motor sport and how to get started either as driver, mechanic, car pusher, marshal or spectator.
So this year I would love to get back and have some good old club racing cars, things like a 750 M/C low cost, VW Golf , Classic FFord, Formula Vee anything that has some motor racing history and don't forget our two wheel friends as well.
Saturday afternoon will be the bike ride which has got very popular with all the family. We meet up at the end of the ride in a pub down by the river in Wallingford such a nice afternoon. Back to base for BBQ and this year we will have proper beer "Dan Rear" this will then be followed by an Rounders Match and a good old evening of natter and noggin's. BTW plenty of room for campers.
Sunday morning the now famous Classic Car Tour and also the soap box car's. More info later here and web site.

Last edited by John Turner; 7 Jan 2015 at 12:06. Reason: Correct website address below in Alan's post - JT
Old 6 Jan 2015, 22:37 (Ref:3490481)   #2
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Added to calendar. Now sacrosanct.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 22:40 (Ref:3490484)   #3
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The correct website address is www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk

Unfortunately, due to a problem at the hosting company I haven't been able to update the website with this year's date yet.
Old 10 Jan 2015, 20:29 (Ref:3491694)   #4
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lads, the DVD of last years' event should be ready in the next few weeks. Before that though, here's a short 4 minutes of it that I have just uploaded, hopefully it'll whet your appetites to buy the full length DVD:
Old 19 Jan 2015, 18:20 (Ref:3494161)   #5
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Lads, the 2014 26 minute dvd is now available from here: www.stokerowdvd.com
Commentary is by our favourite double act of Iain Rowley and Alan Morgan! The 2013 dvd is still available too, should anyone want to purchase both at the same time. Iain tells me that the participants on the 'Maharajah's Tour' will be receiving a copy anyway. Thanks.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 20:01 (Ref:3494196)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Many many thanks Gary . Brilliant job . Cheers Iain
Old 8 Jun 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3546191)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Only a month away now so just a reminder to come along please . Gordon we would love to have the anglia as well . This year I want to tell people about getting started in motorsport so if you. An come along with your race car and happy to be interviewed by me that would be fantastic . Those who would like to come and stay Saturday evening and camp we are having BBQ after the bike ride please let me know . Should be able to sort out electric and loos. We do need some help with marshaling as well . Don't expext you to do it all day just a couple of hours with parking and I need three strong caractures to help assist as to weather a VW Golf with pink wheels is classed as a classic or to send them to public car park . Thanks in advance and I believe there are a few places left on the tour as well . Cheers Iain . BTW Beer tent this year as well
Old 14 Jun 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3550405)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Me again before post slips of the front page . We do need some help marshaling if anyone can help . PM me please . It's not for all day just a couple of hours "honest "
Old 14 Jun 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3550409)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Post in the marshal's forum Iain
Old 14 Jun 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3550431)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Tim for a moment .Ah . Anyway don't want to step on Alan and Fay toes as they always help out . Clashing with GP not helping
Old 26 Jun 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3554117)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
How's the entries going Iain?
Old 28 Jun 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3554512)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry I can't make it down this year, Iain - some friends of mine are thoughtlessly getting married next weekend and I'm informed that my presence is required.....

Hope everything goes well
Old 30 Jun 2015, 14:24 (Ref:3554906)   #13
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
sadly I'm not going to be able t make it this year, Iain, but next year for certain -- we'll do another DVD!
Old 1 Jul 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3555277)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Phone been going bonkers today . We have some fantastic cars coming . Would still like to have a pink anglia .
Old 4 Jul 2015, 14:56 (Ref:3555767)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hope it all goes well. Geography has got in my way again sadly.
Old 4 Jul 2015, 20:05 (Ref:3555805)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
So far so good thanks. Looks like its going to be nice and from phone calls and e mails lots of cars coming. We have 40 plus on tour which is a record.
Beer tent going down well.
Old 4 Jul 2015, 20:24 (Ref:3555807)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 4 Jul 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3555815)   #18
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Knew nothing about this event until just now - wish I had done - would have been there with a car load of automobilia.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3555995)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
It's been a long long day . Well long long few days . I guess I say it every year but the show just gets better and better . Full report later but many many thanks to all my 10/10th friends supporters , Marshall's , helpers , ect . Just the best day ever . 😄
Old 5 Jul 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3555998)   #20
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Utterly fabulous day mate. Really enjoyed every aspect and yes it does get better!

Absolute thanks to you and all the marshals, organisers, helpers and participants. Sorry I left before saying cheerio but I had to get my young navigator to a party later that pm and you were busy chatting away on the Mike!

Catch up soon
Old 6 Jul 2015, 14:15 (Ref:3556203)   #21
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
'Twas indeed a cracking day.
Attached Thumbnails
750px_SRandNday_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_IMG_7367_1.jpg   750px_SRandNday_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_ONED7586.jpg   750px_SRandNday_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_IMG_7385 1.jpg  

750px_SRandNday_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_ONED7778.jpg   750px_SRandNday_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_ONED7794.jpg   750px_SRandNday_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_ONED7779.jpg  

Old 6 Jul 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3556259)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Flipping eck I missed all those cakes !!!
Old 6 Jul 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3556312)   #23
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Flipping eck I missed all those cakes !!!
Tilly was presented with the one in the middle (with the flowers) at the end of the day.

The show has got slightly more professional each year but hopefully it won't lose the occasional shambolic moments which make it so much fun (rosettes, Iain?). It's basically a village fete with cars but none the worse for that...

The Pit Stop Challenge was a big hit this year, along with that staple of village events - the Beer Tent.

Make a note of next year's date when it's announced (once Iain's got an idea of where in the world he's going to be during June and July 2016). It's a lot of fun and there are plenty of Tenthers there.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 01:42 (Ref:3556340)   #24
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My photos of the afternoon, once I'd finished playing Robin Hood. It was fun telling the drivers of Bentleys and Ferraris that a suitable donation for a one folded sheet programme was £1K and £5K respectively. The cheek produced folding beer tokens so that was a result.

Stoke Row and Nuffield Motorshow day
Old 13 Jul 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3558185)   #25
HQMsport
Rookie

HQMsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those that did the Maharajas Tour and would like to know the answers, and especially the "bra size" answer please go to Craven Motor Clubs facebook page where the answers are listed plus those crews that got 100% correct.

There is no prize answering the questions it's purely a bit of fun to add to the tour.

We're looking forward to next year already and any suggestions for the tour please let us know.

hqmsport@gmail .com

Bryan Hull

Joint Clerk of the Course
Maharajas Tour