Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 14 Jul 2008, 00:33 (Ref:2250383)   #1
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
An apology.

I have been a member here for six years now. Primarily, I have posted on the F1 forum, but as some few of you know, I have participated with some zest here on the various open wheel boards as well.

During that time I came to support reunification and openly supported that and noted regularly that I just wanted to get back to talking about the racing.

So, now we have one series and what have I not been doing? Exactly - talking about the racing.

Without getting into details (and it has not been horrible for the most part) it has just been really busy here at the SSC homestead lately and I have had to focus on F1 and have barely had time for that. Once again this year my annual declaration that "I am going to get into ALMS/Grand-AM/LMS for sure." fell by the wayside even earlier than in past years, but that is a confessional for another forum.

That said, I feel like I have let the lot of you down. I was more than happy to engage in endless discussions of the value of one decision over another and now when we are finally all racing at the same tracks together I am not supporting the discussion of said racing.

This really bothers me.

The Glen was a perfect example. Love the track. Have met RHR and think he is a talented guy. Do you think I saw the race? Nope.

I am going to make an honest effort starting after Mid-Ohio (will be out of town that weekend) to see more of the races and to talk more about the racing.

Hope you all join me!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 01:44 (Ref:2250390)   #2
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John - I love it when people put their hand up and own a situation. You have just stuck your hand up nice and high and owned it, so hats off to you. Well done.

In an effort to get you back into it can I suggest that to participate in all of the remanding 2008 IRL Pick Em's. I hated them to start with but they grow on you. Note if you have not looked at them before this is not a F1 / A1GP pick em where you pick pole, top 5 drivers and a quick time. You actually have to think about it, you will even need to do some research and therefore has a bit more meaning going into the meeting. Worth a try.

Last edited by NAC; 14 Jul 2008 at 01:47.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 05:15 (Ref:2250416)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You have let me down John. You've let everyone down and well, I am disappointed.

I have found it interesting for all the baying dogs of war that wanted reunification and shouted me down on this forum for having an opposing point of view, I've heard nary a word on these forums since from most of those forum members about the actual racing, the by product they've so craved and demanded for so long. It's been resoundingly silent.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 05:59 (Ref:2250434)   #4
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The product is definitely improving. There still needs to be something done with the package on intermediate ovals to make drivers either lift off the turns or take a higher groove around the race track, but that's just a consequence of the current car and engine. More cars has meant more action on the racetrack, and that's always entertaining.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2250527)   #5
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
You have let me down John. You've let everyone down and well, I am disappointed.

I have found it interesting for all the baying dogs of war that wanted reunification and shouted me down on this forum for having an opposing point of view, I've heard nary a word on these forums since from most of those forum members about the actual racing, the by product they've so craved and demanded for so long. It's been resoundingly silent.
Speaking only for myself, this is the part that has bothered me about me the most! Like I said, I have my reasons - it is not like I just wanted to argue about the politics before and not talk about the racing - so it has been rather coincedental that I have not been able to watch the races. It just bugs the snot out of me that now that it is actually easier I still can't stay on top of it.

And yes, NAC, I get your point, but I really can't be critical of others in this case can I? I might give suggestion a try though!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2251250)   #6
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I've got a way of recording the races I'm happy to say I've seen most of them. It has been a little bit same old same old so far though. At least we had a new winner in RHR which made that more interesting.

Fair play to you John for confessing your sins.

If I've not been so chatty in here it's because i've just felt content. Happy to have one series but not having a strong view about anything much really. It's going ok....
Old 15 Jul 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2251563)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
John - I love it when people put their hand up and own a situation. You have just stuck your hand up nice and high and owned it, so hats off to you. Well done.

In an effort to get you back into it can I suggest that to participate in all of the remanding 2008 IRL Pick Em's. I hated them to start with but they grow on you. Note if you have not looked at them before this is not a F1 / A1GP pick em where you pick pole, top 5 drivers and a quick time. You actually have to think about it, you will even need to do some research and therefore has a bit more meaning going into the meeting. Worth a try.

Oh...so you hated my contest at first, eh???

I hope you do try it, John...It certainly will make you think about many aspects of the race weekend....that is why I set it up the way that i did...to make people get engaged in the racing

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 15 Jul 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2251592)   #8
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Oh...so you hated my contest at first, eh???
Off topic
Yep, it use to do my head in trying to find the past data (speeds etc). But it was your good looks and charm Tim that swung me over

But seriously it is the one Pick Em that I do look forward to now because of the thought that has to go into it (not that you can tell from my past couple of weeks record)

OK back on topic of John being a naughty boy then
Old 22 Jul 2008, 14:44 (Ref:2255950)   #9
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People get busy, life is full unexpected series of events, no need to apologize for not being able to post.

I myself haven't had internet access for a few months.